Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2017 FAAB Waiver Wire Thread

Buck Allen (36) went for more than i bid for terrence west last week (33). Kinda pissed how much hype he got this week i wanted my cuff.

This is my league's first year using FAAB. I got Cohen for $35, next high bid was $25. Feel a little bad that I upped my bid from $30 at the last minute, but oh well.

15 hours ago, laracco said:

I'm in a 12x17 PPR and had the first pick in the draft. I chose DJ, then McCaffrey. So now my defacto #1 is a rookie that they just said today might have his workload kept down(hoping it's just coachspeak) My other RB's are D.Henry, C.Carson and J.Hill. I have no option but to blow my wad on Cohen and go all in!!!!! Your roster really is the deciding factor on how much you should go. Currently I have a bid of $51 out of my $100. That may not be enough. I'm sure that the other owners know I have to go all out with slim pickins on the wire.

I ended up getting Cohen @ $52. The next best bids were $22 by 3 teams, $20 by 2 teams, $17 and $5. They already made a thread asking if $52 was bananas for Cohen. I replied that it admittedly was, but as you can see from my post above, I had to.

Nah, that's insanely too much for Cohen imho. Anything over mid 30's really. Even if other owners knew you were desperate, they weren't going to risk paying 40's to 50's just to keep you from having a RB2/Flex guy in week 1. And I think Cohen could be great, really like him and picked him up where I could, but right now he is speculative at best even in PPR, he's far from being guaranteed anything more than 6 touches right now, at least on a weekly basis. There are going to be weeks he probably gets 4 rush attempts and 2 receptions for a total of 20 yards. The hype train is crazy on him. Ideally he's worth mid 20's, realistically very low 30's. 

1 hour ago, Onyx said:

My league is new to using FAAB waviers this year, so I'm still trying to understand the process. Can someone make multiple bids for the same player? So for example, can I place a waiver bid for someone for $30 at the top of my Q and then add a second higher bid (~$35) in the same Q. So if someone were to bid a $31, my first bid would lose, but my second bid of $35 would win if it were the highest overall?

lol, of course not.  Then people would just have artificial "max bids" with the ability to spend as little as possible.

They would make 100 claims each week.  Starting at $1 then moving up to $100 Max Bid.

Your highest priced bid will always be your priority.  That is the chess game.

9 minutes ago, Lt. Frank Drebin said:

Nah, that's insanely too much for Cohen imho. Anything over mid 30's really. Even if other owners knew you were desperate, they weren't going to risk paying 40's to 50's just to keep you from having a RB2/Flex guy in week 1. And I think Cohen could be great, really like him and picked him up where I could, but right now he is speculative at best even in PPR, he's far from being guaranteed anything more than 6 touches right now, at least on a weekly basis. There are going to be weeks he probably gets 4 rush attempts and 2 receptions for a total of 20 yards. The hype train is crazy on him. Ideally he's worth mid 20's, realistically very low 30's. 

I understand that it was way over, but not having done FAAB before and knowing what anyone was willing to spend, I just had to throw a dart. There is literally nothing on the waiver wire.

1 minute ago, laracco said:

I understand that it was way over, but not having done FAAB before and knowing what anyone was willing to spend, I just had to throw a dart. There is literally nothing on the waiver wire.

You didn't spend too much if your league was more experienced.  People are always cautious in the beginning of FAAB because no one wants to over reach or be the fool.

One thing you will read from majority of FAAB vets though is when you spend early you generally get guys that will have defined roles and be contributors for the whole season.

You wait for later basically you are waiting for DeMarco Murray to tear his ACL and pray someone dropped Derrick Henry and you max bid him.  

Look at the rest of us talking here.  Your bid would have beat several of us, but lost to several others as well.  

I'm in a 12 x 17 too, the wire is beautiful.  You're just looking at it wrong.  

If this is your first year always remember to double check everyone that was dropped as well and see if any mistakes were made that you can sneak in on.

5 minutes ago, laracco said:

You think that now but then all of a sudden a DJ appears out no wherr

42 minutes ago, laracco said:

I ended up getting Cohen @ $52. The next best bids were $22 by 3 teams, $20 by 2 teams, $17 and $5. They already made a thread asking if $52 was bananas for Cohen. I replied that it admittedly was, but as you can see from my post above, I had to.

I also got him for 52 prob would have getting him for 25 lol 

7 minutes ago, molonLabe80 said:

You think that now but then all of a sudden a DJ appears out no wherr

I'll definitely be watching and need to make sure to grab a guy like that a week or two early for free.

12 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You didn't spend too much if your league was more experienced.  People are always cautious in the beginning of FAAB because no one wants to over reach or be the fool.

One thing you will read from majority of FAAB vets though is when you spend early you generally get guys that will have defined roles and be contributors for the whole season.

You wait for later basically you are waiting for DeMarco Murray to tear his ACL and pray someone dropped Derrick Henry and you max bid him.  

Look at the rest of us talking here.  Your bid would have beat several of us, but lost to several others as well.  

I'm in a 12 x 17 too, the wire is beautiful.  You're just looking at it wrong.  

If this is your first year always remember to double check everyone that was dropped as well and see if any mistakes were made that you can sneak in on.

Good post, but especially this. Most everyone pays attention to the hot adds of the week, but a lot of people will make their bids and win or lose on who they want, won't check on the free agents again til the following Tuesday. A lot of times you can sneak in with a lower bid on a guy who should have never been dropped when another owner with a relatively stacked bench made an impulsive pickup.

Bid 47.

Howard owner bid 41. He is ******** pissed.

Not starting him this week, but if he show's another nice 10-15 PPR performance. Choo Choo!

Rawls was dropped.  I'm thinking of punching the clown on this one, but I'm not a super fan because of that cluster F there.

You think 4% can get it done?  

I made a kicker swap to bury him further down the waiver wire in hopes no one would see it.

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I made a kicker swap to bury him further down the waiver wire in hopes no one would see it.

You cheaky bastard. 

25 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Some dude went 75% on Cohen in one of my leagues. He went for 55% in the other. Crazy.

I did 61 (ppr) and 52 so almost just as nuts lol 

In one league, I missed Cohen with a $34 bid, and in another, I got Cohen for $49 (beat out the next of $48). You can say that it's overpaying, but losing AR15 and DJ had me in a situation, where I needed to find a playmaker, and I believe Cohen can be that guy.

Standard scoring league. Guy who owns DJ and D Woodhead just dropped Snead to stock up on RBs.

Seriously considering $26.

Whaddya think?

10 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Standard scoring league. Guy who owns DJ and D Woodhead just dropped Snead to stock up on RBs.

Seriously considering $26.

Whaddya think?

not worth it

Someone dropped Kamara in my deep 12 team PPR league. I'm going to make a bid on him and drop Jamal Charles. After spending $32/$100 on Cohen, what's a reasonable bid for Kamara? I was thinking $8....

7 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Someone dropped Kamara in my deep 12 team PPR league. I'm going to make a bid on him and drop Jamal Charles. After spending $32/$100 on Cohen, what's a reasonable bid for Kamara? I was thinking $8....

Kamara went for $5 in my 12x17 PPR this morning

17 minutes ago, swaggyp said:

not worth it

Snead not worth a 25% FAAB pick up? Why? WR3/2 with upside with Drew Brees as QB