Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2017 FAAB Waiver Wire Thread

Recommended Posts

Cohen went for 10 and 16 in the two leagues that use FAAB.

I got Carson for $1 in one and Buck Allen for $2 in the other. Each league is different of course.

 

Crowder hit the waiver wire in one. My WR position isn't the best (Baldwin, Tate, Hilton, Kupp, Ginn). Wondering how aggressive to bid on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric Decker was just dropped by an impatient (stupid?) owner. 

He had 8 targets last week.

 

1/2 point PPR league where my FLEX is absolute bullocks 

 

$186 FAAB left out of $200 we began with....    would you throw all of it at Decker? If not, how much?

 

Thanks so much for any input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a bit late now, but our FAAB Tarik Cohen madness ended with these bids (out of $100):

 

$51, $42, $42, $37, $35, $20, $18, $10, $5.

 

Javorius Allen went for $21, Kerwynn Williams $20, Andre Ellington $10. Oh, and Josh Gordon $8.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up having the highest bid ($45) for Cohen in my keeper PPR league, which kind of surprised me. We started with a $200 FAAB budget, so the bid cost me 22.5% of my budget... which I thought was low based on posts I've seen, but apparently no one bid higher. My league has a salary team cap though, so remaining below it will be tricky with this additional salary (although I lost ARob, so subtracting his salary helps). Cohen will either be a boom (which will require me to manage my teams salary carefully), or he'll be JAG and I'll drop him for cheaper salary done the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 8:05 AM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Rawls was dropped.  I'm thinking of punching the clown on this one, but I'm not a super fan because of that cluster F there.

 

You think 4% can get it done?  

 

I made a kicker swap to bury him further down the waiver wire in hopes no one would see it.

Rawls has been declared the starter this week and they are at home against the 49ers.  I doubt 4% will get it done.  I would bid a similar amount as kerwynn Williams went for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abdullah was dropped in my league and I'm thin at RB and starting Riddick, so I could lockup the Lions backfield.  Is 50% too much?  Cohen went for 100% in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, ESquared said:

Cohen went for 10 and 16 in the two leagues that use FAAB.

I got Carson for $1 in one and Buck Allen for $2 in the other. Each league is different of course.

 

Crowder hit the waiver wire in one. My WR position isn't the best (Baldwin, Tate, Hilton, Kupp, Ginn). Wondering how aggressive to bid on him.

 

In your league it sounds like $2 will get it done. 

 

In a normal league I'd bet probably around 45-60% if it's PPR. 

 

The thing about waiver bids is that I believe that only about half of the league - 75% ever notices those, so you're dealing with less people generally vs the game day waivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, naholmes said:

Abdullah was dropped in my league and I'm thin at RB and starting Riddick, so I could lockup the Lions backfield.  Is 50% too much?  Cohen went for 100% in this league.

 

It's tough man... I always figure about 50-75% of league sees dropped players. So less people to deal with assuming no one has made it public that AA was dropped. 

 

I'd think 50% could probably get it done. I'd probably go 51% myself. You know the guy with no money is out of the running too. So now it's RB needy teams that are paying attention. 

 

Let us know what he ends up going for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Eric Decker was just dropped by an impatient (stupid?) owner. 

He had 8 targets last week.

 

1/2 point PPR league where my FLEX is absolute bullocks 

 

$186 FAAB left out of $200 we began with....    would you throw all of it at Decker? If not, how much?

 

Thanks so much for any input

 

Davis got a lot of targets and from what I heard did quite well. I wouldn't go higher than $36 on Decker. Max. Depending on how many bench spots he could be on wavers or had for a trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

Standard scoring- W Snead $100 FAAB

 

How much?

 

thanks

 

I'd bid no more than $8-12 on Snead. I'd say use the Golladay bids in your league as a guide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Excellent117 said:

 

I'd bid no more than $8-12 on Snead. I'd say use the Golladay bids in your league as a guide. 

 

Thanks. 

 

Goid idea. Funny: Golladay went for $25 and had I put in a bid, $12 would have been my limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

It's tough man... I always figure about 50-75% of league sees dropped players. So less people to deal with assuming no one has made it public that AA was dropped. 

 

I'd think 50% could probably get it done. I'd probably go 51% myself. You know the guy with no money is out of the running too. So now it's RB needy teams that are paying attention. 

 

Let us know what he ends up going for. 

It's funny because I had entered a bid of 51.3% before I posted this question.  Feeling great about it now so thanks for that.  I will post an update on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 6:13 PM, CharlieWhitehurst said:

I lowered other bids I had and added it to Cohen; I think $41 is the right price to guarantee you knock out those who are going to bid in accordance to experts' advice and not blow too much of your bankroll. I don't plan on spending much on any other player after this.

 

My team depth sucks so I threw down $38... but the DJ owner blew us all away with a $126 bid. 

 

Then, someone dropped Eric Decker, whom I'm really high on. Out of around $200, how much would you feel comfortable throwing out on Decker? 

FWIW, my current 'flex' is a gross platoon between Forte and Rawls. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

It's tough man... I always figure about 50-75% of league sees dropped players. So less people to deal with assuming no one has made it public that AA was dropped. 

 

I'd think 50% could probably get it done. I'd probably go 51% myself. You know the guy with no money is out of the running too. So now it's RB needy teams that are paying attention. 

 

Let us know what he ends up going for. 

To follow up, I did get Ameer Abdullah for 51.3% of my faab and you were absolutely correct there were only three teams bidding which is fewer than Cohen (10), Buck Allen (7) and Kerwynn Williams (5).  The other bids were 32.5% and 10.2%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, naholmes said:

To follow up, I did get Ameer Abdullah for 51.3% of my faab and you were absolutely correct there were only three teams bidding which is fewer than Cohen (10), Buck Allen (7) and Kerwynn Williams (5).  The other bids were 32.5% and 10.2%.

 

Great stuff man. FAAB is such a chess match. Good job getting him. Cohen is exciting, but give me AA all day. You should talk smack and be like thanks for AA and let everyone realize the mistake they made sleeping... Or actually maybe just silently take the victory and not let anyone realize how AA got on your team lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

My team depth sucks so I threw down $38... but the DJ owner blew us all away with a $126 bid. 

 

Then, someone dropped Eric Decker, whom I'm really high on. Out of around $200, how much would you feel comfortable throwing out on Decker? 

FWIW, my current 'flex' is a gross platoon between Forte and Rawls. 

 

 

I'm high on Decker too. I read your above post where you said you had $186 left, therefore I assume you have a $200 FAAB. I'd drop $52 AKA 26% of my budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.