Sign in to follow this  
kretzschmar

If you won the 1 billion, what NFL team would you buy?

Not posting links, but if you won a billion, and had to buy an NFL team, which would you buy?   Why?  What QB, RB, WRs and TE would you try to acquire?

Sadly, I don't think a billion is enough to buy ANY NFL franchise.  Forbes has the Bills has the lowest valued franchise at $1.5 billion.

Edited by simanium

Carolina. 

1.  Charlotte is one of the few places I'd invest in and live.

2. They've never won the Super Bowl so you would be the first team owner to win a championship for that franchise.

3. Relative to the other franchises, expectations are not as high so you can kind of run your own thing without scrutiny.

4. Not that it's terrible, I'd revitalize the First Ward to make it "Patriot Place-like" around the stadium

5. Again, this isn't like the Patriots, Niners, Cowboys etc.  This team doesn't have championship history.  I'd be fun being in the beginning of this process and trying to build a sustainable model for the future.

For QB, I'd keep Cam around as long as I could, unless he regresses then reevaluate

For RB, I'd see what I have in McCaffrey and closely monitor how much longer Stewart can be effective for

For WR, the jury is still out on Kelvin.  I'd give him more time.  I'd also give Samuel a chance to step up.  My leash might be short on Funchess if he can't get it going in year 3

For TE, Olsen would have a shot to stay as long as he could.

Unless they turn into a disaster, Rivera's continuity will keep him there.  Due to the multiple GMs, if the current one doesn't work out, I'd have Rivera assist me in handpicking one in the next search.

23 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

You could probably afford a CFL team.

The Calgary Cocks has a nice ring to it.

Posted (edited)

Honestly I think I'd like to buy whichever team has the most cap space combined with a high draft pick(s). I like the idea of a rebuild. 

Edited by chop93

@Iron-cock would buy NE and sabotage the team from within

I'd buy CLE and ensure they suck forever just to maintain the time space continuum