mevins31

Paul Richardson 2017 Season Outlook

Lockett just seems pure gadget, he's had opportunities to do more and just seems he never gets there.. I don't think Richardson outshines baldwin but I think he can have some really nice games pending game flow 

I read somewhere that Richardson has one of the easiest matchups this week. I may start in DFS. 

Edited by boltup15

14 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Lockett just seems pure gadget, he's had opportunities to do more and just seems he never gets there.. I don't think Richardson outshines baldwin but I think he can have some really nice games pending game flow 

I'd agree Lockett looks like a Taylor Gabriel or Travis Benjamin type. Both have flashed in fantasy, though.

25 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I'm trying to figure out who will be the week in and out #2 or #3 pass catcher in this offense because with an anemic running game Rwilson is going to air it out this season

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm trying to figure out who will be the week in and out #2 or #3 pass catcher in this offense because with an anemic running game Rwilson is going to air it out this season

Yea, it's simply a guess at this point.. Maybe this ends up being the year Lockett is that steady number 2, I think Richardson has a better shot tho 

It's Baldwin > Graham and a crapshoot between lockett/richardson/luke wilson/the Rbs for the rest.

You can't discount the trust factor that Russel has for Baldwin after producing fantastic catches for him during crunch time over the years

On 9/7/2017 at 1:50 PM, AnchorDown said:

Surprised there isn't more hype on this guy. He's locked in as the #2 receiver and as time goes by you have to be less and less concerned about Lockett--dude is as injury prone as it gets and they are still using him as PR/KR so hard to see him overtaking Richardson as the #2. As others have mentioned, great run to end the season last year, they traded Kearse, and they've held onto him despite his injuries.

If there are concerns on this guy it's that he has an extensive injury history, still unproven for the most part (though we've seen flashes), and there isn't a lot of precedent for the WR2 on this team providing a lot of fantasy value...granted I do recall Lockett being an intriguing pickup his rookie year. What am I missing? Doesn't this guy have as good of a chance as anyone else in his range of being a solid WR3/flex option, with upside for more with an injury to Baldwin or possibly even Graham?

The only thing I would say you are missing is that the SEA DEF has a chance to be special.  We already know they are good, could be great. 

That presents a problem for any passing game as every coach in the world goes run heavy with the lead and a good defense.  

I am right now really debating dropping one of the many RB's I have stashed on my bench to pick up Richardson.  Very tough decision.  

4 hours ago, gadio171 said:

drop him

Lol. Ok .  If you watched the game he's obviously a potential big part of this offense.  If he didn't slip on the cut to corner of endzone on the 2 yard line that would have been an easy TD.  Shoot he still almost caught it even after slipping on the turf.  Dude is going to be great.  Super talented.  Of course always League size dependent. 

46 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Lol. Ok .  If you watched the game he's obviously a potential big part of this offense.  If he didn't slip on the cut to corner of endzone on the 2 yard line that would have been an easy TD.  Shoot he still almost caught it even after slipping on the turf.  Dude is going to be great.  Super talented.  Of course always League size dependent. 

he looks like a decent stash but lockett makes me hesitant

2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

This.

Sneaky good WW add this week IMO.

1 hour ago, izzyf89 said:

Need a WR. 7 targets seems promising. Am i missing something?

The low interest on this guy is unreal. He is a former second round pick that they have kept around while he has gone through injuries. His talent and ball skills are undeniable--some unreal catches at the tail end of last year. Kearse is gone and Lockett is a gadget player. In week 1 Richardson tied Graham for the lead in targets and once again made some great plays.

So we have flashes of seeing this guy make some incredible plays, he gets elevated to an increased role, they trade his main competition, and then he's as much of a focal point in the passing game as anyone on the team wk1. His QB is Russell Wilson, their running game is nonexistent, and as much respect as I have for Baldwin he's no Julio or AB--he isn't going to get so much volume that there isn't room for someone else to eat. Did I also mention that Graham, another competitor for targets, is a perennial candidate for the injury report every week he plays? 

You aren't missing anything--it's everyone else who is overlooking this guy. At worst he's a WR3/flex who you can play depending on matchups and bye weeks. But there's very real upside here in his talent as role, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the low end of WR2 status as the year progresses. And if there's an injury to any of the Lockett, Baldwin, or even Graham, look out. 

4 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

The low interest on this guy is unreal. He is a former second round pick that they have kept around while he has gone through injuries. His talent and ball skills are undeniable--some unreal catches at the tail end of last year. Kearse is gone and Lockett is a gadget player. In week 1 Richardson tied Graham for the lead in targets and once again made some great plays.

So we have flashes of seeing this guy make some incredible plays, he gets elevated to an increased role, they trade his main competition, and then he's as much of a focal point in the passing game as anyone on the team wk1. His QB is Russell Wilson, their running game is nonexistent, and as much respect as I have for Baldwin he's no Julio or AB--he isn't going to get so much volume that there isn't room for someone else to eat. Did I also mention that Graham, another competitor for targets, is a perennial candidate for the injury report every week he plays? 

You aren't missing anything--it's everyone else who is overlooking this guy. At worst he's a WR3/flex who you can play depending on matchups and bye weeks. But there's very real upside here in his talent as role, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the low end of WR2 status as the year progresses. And if there's an injury to any of the Lockett, Baldwin, or even Graham, look out. 

He is currently the only other WR I am rostering outside my starting 3.  

The negative is how good Seattle's defense looks like it's going to be.  Definitely not a high volume attack.  But the talent appears to be there and I agree with the rest of what you say. 

I like Richardson as the #2.  Pete loves Lockett on special teams, so I think he'll end up as their 3rd WR.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:36 PM, AnchorDown said:

I think the low interest is because it's hard to trust the  potential weekly #2 wr on Seattle with their spotty passing attack and strong defense. Also lockett is a weekly threat to take targets away from Richardson

Edited by dashoe

I'm not jumping to any conclusions based on last week's performance. Week 1 Richardson had a good share of the targets, last week he broke a finger and still found the EZ.  

Lockett had a good game, perhaps a bit better because of PRs broken finger. Lockett also plays special teams so it's not a given that he'll be peppered with targets every week.  Graham being pretty much a dumpster fire doesn't hurt either.

In large leagues PR is still a hold in my book.

Yeah he probably would have gotten some of those Lockett looks if he wasn't getting his finger sewn up

For no legitimate reason that I can see, Silva seems to believe that Lockett has passed up PR on the depth chart (in his matchups column)

I think it's way too soon to say that, based mostly on the finger issue. In late Oct, when this offense usually gets clicking, I think PR could be a really useful player.

11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

For no legitimate reason that I can see, Silva seems to believe that Lockett has passed up PR on the depth chart (in his matchups column)

I think it's way too soon to say that, based mostly on the finger issue. In late Oct, when this offense usually gets clicking, I think PR could be a really useful player.

Silva is a hack.  Everything that comes out of his mouth is a dartboard toss. 

if Baldwin cant go next week, Richardson a must start? he seems to get a ton of looks

4 minutes ago, floppy said:

if Baldwin cant go next week, Richardson a must start? he seems to get a ton of looks

He is in the discussion.

Especially if Baldwin cant go but im just unsure of his useage with the Darboh's and McEvoy's and Lockett's of the world running around out there

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats