Sign in to follow this  
SuperJoint

T.J. Yeldon 2017 Season Outlook

No thread for him yet. He seems like a smart hedge bet if you don't like Fournette's price. Yeldon for sure has been no great shakes but he really hasn't gotten much of an opportunity either. I know Ivory is still there but Yeldon would be the obvious choice as the "workhorse" if Fournette tanks this year. I'm kind of surprised Ivory is still even rostered although I know he was pretty cheap. 

10 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

What are fellow dynasty owners doing? Is he even worth a roster spot? 

Just wondering the same thing....I think I'm cutting bait. Hard to hold onto a guy that has had the chances he has had and has been a healthy scratch all season.

59 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

IS he the handcuff over Ivory now? Fournette owners need to be putting down insurance policies

He and Ivory split carries in last week's game.  So to me neither one is a handcuff.

2 hours ago, jspeed said:

He and Ivory split carries in last week's game.  So to me neither one is a handcuff.

So as a fournette owner you wouldn't own either? Theres a lot of points up for grabs if fournette goes down, as evidenced by last week.

3 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

So as a fournette owner you wouldn't own either? Theres a lot of points up for grabs if fournette goes down, as evidenced by last week.

Based purely on last week I would stash Yeldon, but it's murky, like many handcuff situations.

6 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

So as a fournette owner you wouldn't own either?

80% of the time when the stud workhorse RB goes down, he is replaced by a committee. Sometimes after a couple weeks a clear new winner emerges but in some cases this may even be the guy signed from the practice squad (or in Arizona right now: a traded veteran).

The other 20% (probably less but I'm generous) there was a second back who was a clear star in his own right, who can really take over the backfield, like Jones in GB, or maybe Coleman in Atlanta, but those guys have fantasy relevance on their own.

Don't chase handcuffs. It's a waste of time.

17 hours ago, slothfantasy said:

it was only a lot of points because Yeldon had a 58 yard TD run and Ivory got a short TD.  Most weeks it's going to be like last year ... no one worth owning. 

19 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

80% of the time when the stud workhorse RB goes down, he is replaced by a committee. Sometimes after a couple weeks a clear new winner emerges but in some cases this may even be the guy signed from the practice squad (or in Arizona right now: a traded veteran).

The other 20% (probably less but I'm generous) there was a second back who was a clear star in his own right, who can really take over the backfield, like Jones in GB, or maybe Coleman in Atlanta, but those guys have fantasy relevance on their own.

Don't chase handcuffs. It's a waste of time.

I get what you're saying, but Fournette is a top 3 running back. Why wouldn't you want to hedge your bet? It's not risky to stash a backup on your bench so I just don't get why it's controversial. If fournette went down, are there players on your WW worth more than Ivory/Yeldon? If yes, than I would agree not to stash a handcuff. But I don't think there are. JAX is a different team than what it was 1-2yrs ago so I'm not sure using that data is completely accurate.

2 hours ago, slothfantasy said:

Why wouldn't you want to hedge your bet?

Because there is no clear value of your hedge, or better: the expected value is low.

Look at DJ in Arizona. Who was the handcuff, would you say? 

I think he can be very exciting if Fournette goes down.

can play all three downs. The RB in this offense will have value all year. 

Similar to McKinnon.

Interesting to note for dynasty and keeper owners, he's an FA after this season. Could find himself in a better position. Hell, he'd be the best RB on the Browns this year.

On 10/27/2017 at 6:30 PM, Boudewijn said:

Because there is no clear value of your hedge, or better: the expected value is low.

Look at DJ in Arizona. Who was the handcuff, would you say? 

By no means am I saying that Yeldon/Ivory would be able to put up Fournette numbers (or even close). But, they would be serviceable. And likely better than 90% of whatever is on your WW if Fournette did miss games. 

T.J. Yeldon emerged from the shadows with a 122-yard effort in the Jacksonville Jaguars' previous game, fueling speculation that he could replace Chris Ivory as the No. 2 back for Week 9 against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Week 9 vs. Cincinnat

I would imagine they'll split carries, with how well Yeldon showed out last weekend. With how much Jax runs they are probably both decent starts this week.

Both were available in my leagues but i’m liking Yeldon a lot more. He didn’t look like the same old TJ from before in Week 8. Hoping he gets more than 37% of the snaps with his performance last week. 

"I thought he played really well," Jacksonville coach Doug Marrone said , "and that's what we look for in players -- to play well. If they show us good things, we put it on ourselves to make sure they get those opportunities again to keep playing."

I'm going Yeldon.  I just like that he offers more in the passing game and will probably also get 8-10 carries.