wendellrott

Javorius "Buck" Allen 2017 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Collins blows this dude out of the water.  Not even close.

I think collins is so much better that Rotoworld is afraid to unlock his thread.

That botched garbage time TD might come back to bite a few teams that started Allen this week.  Figures that Collins would have a breakout game after last weeks news blurb said " Collins is a mere low-end, low-floor flex option ".  It's frustrating owning both as you don't know who to start, but it's shaping up to be Collins at this point forward.

9 hours ago, Chase4181 said:

Gets 50-60 yards a game, with goal line carries.  I don’t see a problem with him as a bye week fill in.  Once again, over reaction is crazy here

USED to get goal line carries. I guarantee that changes this week.

3 hours ago, martinjlm said:

USED to get goal line carries. I guarantee that changes this week.

You can’t say he used to, when Collins has yet to have a red zone carry.    Until it changes, Buck Allen is a 40-60 yard a game back who gets goal line carries.  Perfect as a flex/bye week rb

9 minutes ago, Chase4181 said:

You can’t say he used to, when Collins has yet to have a red zone carry.    Until it changes, Buck Allen is a 40-60 yard a game back who gets goal line carries.  Perfect as a flex/bye week rb

Collins did have a RZ carry last night. Buck's fate has been sealed with that horrific GL fumble he had, drop city

6 hours ago, jeffnsee said:

Collins did have a RZ carry last night. Buck's fate has been sealed with that horrific GL fumble he had, drop city

Plus Collins was used just starting to be used in the passing game. Buck? Game over.

Yep. Things are looking pretty bleak here. Gonna try holding until Woody gets back, but if a better option pops up, he is first to get the axe.

Buck Allen has a safe floor in PPR leagues as a RB3/flex. And can put up RB2 numbers if he breaks a run or scores a TD. But if Woodhead returns he will definitely lose that role imo. Woodhead was brought in as a FA for that role.

4 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

I wonder what happens does it role completely disappear when woodhead returns?

Yea, defintely.  However who knows if/when Woodhead comes back and if he can stay healthy at all.

He has been a reasonable RB2 for me in PPR, great in fantasy last week, but is he a hold through bye week?  Probably should wait and see if Woodhead practices and how that shapes up, but I'm having a tough time seeing any value here.

Yeah there's no reason to carry him through the bye week unless A. you are in a super deep league or B. you also plan to roster Woodhead

So are those that own Allen and Woodhead holding on to Buck as a cuff?  Woodhead is hardly the model Of good health, but I could use the roster space....

5 hours ago, herschel said:

So are those that own Allen and Woodhead holding on to Buck as a cuff?  Woodhead is hardly the model Of good health, but I could use the roster space....

I’m not. With Alex Collins getting a lot of touches, West coming back and the fact that all but hopefully Woodhead are entirely game script dependent.  

Edited by martinjlm

6 hours ago, herschel said:

I am, but that decision is entirely league dependent. We know what the usage splits look like with Woodhead and West out. Even when West comes back, either Woodhead (if healthy) or Allen is the pass catching back on a team that throws a ton to the RB.

I feel like I have an RB2 spot locked up (.5 PPR) in the event Woodhead goes down if I hold onto Allen, and in a deeper 12 team there isn't anything on the wire that will have more value at this point in the season. 

"if Woodhead suits up, Allen would be rendered nearly useless in fantasy" .. i love how rotoworld is hyping the old man Woodhead and throwing Buck to the curb .. meanwhile Buck is quietly having a career year and has been very useful in ppr .. I would be a little more concerned about West returning but if Buck is available in your ppr league grab him now i have a feeling he could be the game changer your looking for down the stretch run of fantasy football

29 minutes ago, bobbym said:

"if Woodhead suits up, Allen would be rendered nearly useless in fantasy" .. i love how rotoworld is hyping the old man Woodhead and throwing Buck to the curb .. meanwhile Buck is quietly having a career year and has been very useful in ppr .. I would be a little more concerned about West returning but if Buck is available in your ppr league grab him now i have a feeling he could be the game changer your looking for down the stretch run of fantasy football

I was thinking the same thing when Buck owner in my league dropped him.  

Has that happened in other leagues?  Even if Woody becomes the man, there is no guarantee he stays on the field.  Buck would be a great cuff right?

EDit:  Never-mind  answer has been given in thread.  

Edited by theSPANKER

As a Buck Allen owner in PPR, I am certainly holding onto him unless I absolutely need to let him go.  Woodhead gets dinged up getting off the bus and Terrence West is JAG who has also been dealing with injury issues.  If Woodhead comes back and plays 100% of games from here on out, I expect him to be the passing down back.  However, I do not expect in the slightest for Woodhead to play the remainder of the season.  

I say he's safe to drop. Woodhead should see more volume and Collins is still there.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:30 PM, bobbym said:

Your post wasn't deleted in this thread...

PM a moderator next time you have a question about your posts.  Thanks

13 minutes ago, banana said:

Maybe he'll get 2 TDs every week from here on in. 

If that happens it's because Collins is rushing for 120+ yards which is okay in my book.