Sign in to follow this  
wendellrott

Danny Amendola 2017 Outlook

I really hate to break up the party of everyone screaming "injury prone!" but has there been any actual update on his injury?

Unfortunate that Andrew Hawkins retired before the year, he would have been awesome as Brady's slot guy.  As it stands now he doesn't have one unless they want to stick Cooks in there, and even then I don't think his skill set necessarily works in the slot, although I can't say I've done too much research on him.

Amendola is likely looking at a couple week absence, though it benefits him that the game was played on Thursday, giving him added time off.  Will be interesting to see if he's practicing at all next week.  If he plays you have to start him in PPR at this point though, he's Brady's most trusted WR with Edelman out.  Even if he leaves halfway through the game he can still put up serviceable numbers.

Can't find any news on Amendola, still in the concussion protocol, will he play week 2?

Have to wait to see if he practices.

If he does return wonder if they will finally realize they need him as a WR and have him stop returning punts.

Come on Bill, this is simple. Get any other jabroni to return punts.

19 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Can't find any news on Amendola, still in the concussion protocol, will he play week 2?

Have to wait to see if he practices.

If he does return wonder if they will finally realize they need him as a WR and have him stop returning punts.

Come on Bill, this is simple. Get any other jabroni to return punts.

So correct.....I'm surprised Bill had him doing punt returns in the first place.  

With Edelman down, he's a major piece in the O.  I would have been doing anything to ensure this guy survives games.   

I wouldn't waste a waiver on him but if you can afford to stash him like if you lost AR but have WR's set, I'd take a flier, if he's healthy, he looks like a big part of the offense. 

22 hours ago, brosephd said:

I wouldn't waste a waiver on him but if you can afford to stash him like if you lost AR but have WR's set, I'd take a flier, if he's healthy, he looks like a big part of the offense. 

What? So people are all in on Cohen but Amendola is not worth a roster spot? That's hilariously laughable.

First off, after the injury to Edelman he should have been drafted in all formats. I don't even know why he would be on the waiver. Second, if he is on the waiver saying he isn't worth an add is absolutely ridiculous. He is a WR2.

he was on waiver on my league and I added him and dropped Jordan Matthews...smart or no?

48 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What? So people are all in on Cohen but Amendola is not worth a roster spot? That's hilariously laughable.

First off, after the injury to Edelman he should have been drafted in all formats. I don't even know why he would be on the waiver. Second, if he is on the waiver saying he isn't worth an add is absolutely ridiculous. He is a WR2.

He's worth an add, just not worth using my waiver position on him. Still got him today after he cleared waivers. His injury concerns scares people off but when he's healthy he is worth the risk. 

Danny Amendola (concussion) is not practicing Wednesday.

Edited by chud12

19 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I'm not surprised. It is Danny "Mr. Glass" Amendola

unbreakable-credit-touchstone-pictures.j

Edited by rxn

20 minutes ago, chud12 said:

this is his 3rd i think in the nfl i wouldnt be surprised if he missed more then one week

11 minutes ago, rxn said:

I'm not surprised. It is Danny "Mr. Glass" Amendola

unbreakable-credit-touchstone-pictures.j

I don't care, still stashed him.

The potential is too great.

And from what i read all his concussions have happened on punt returns.

Well I'm not a great football mind like Bill Bellicheat but if you need a dependable WR how about stop using him on punt returns.

He is definitely worth a stash.  Brady loves him, that much is obvious.  Even if he doesn't play this week you'd have to imagine he is back the following week.

6 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

He is definitely worth a stash.  Brady loves him, that much is obvious.  Even if he doesn't play this week you'd have to imagine he is back the following week.

Especially if the pats offense bogs down again like it did when Amendola went out vs KC.

If he plays I'm flexing him. Otherwise it'll have to be Corey Coleman.

Already no DJ or Robinson so I was looking forward to having Amendola as a solid option. There is a ton of upside here.

Hes a solid flex unless you have a better option but I think he's a start with confidence. 

Edited by Gohawks

On 9/13/2017 at 12:50 PM, pdog109 said:

I don't care, still stashed him.

The potential is too great.

And from what i read all his concussions have happened on punt returns.

Well I'm not a great football mind like Bill Belichick but if you need a dependable WR how about stop using him on punt returns.

True that

Really, we all know what Danny brings, the problem was his snap count

Would anyone on this board be surprised if he ended the year with 85 catches? I mean 5-7 catches a game should be totally attainable in this offense.

6 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

Really, we all know what Danny brings, the problem was his snap count

Would anyone on this board be surprised if he ended the year with 85 catches? I mean 5-7 catches a game should be totally attainable in this offense.

yes because he'll probably end up on IR 

5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

yes because he'll probably end up on IR 

Amazing analysis..............

21 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

Amazing analysis..............

you conveyed a useless projection for end of year with almost no substance - I replied with an answer to your question and seeing as how it's been about 6 years since he last had over 65 receptions I stand by it .. I think he's averaging something like 5 games missed a year? 

I am rostering Danny because I just lost ARob and Lee was drafted and I don't trust any Jags WRs...

The question I find  asking myself is that.... do I trust him enough to put him in the lineup later.... esp knowing his injuries history...

makes me queasy but ... opportunity is there... just have to hold him