jbshaw

Cool Story Bro 2017 Edition

Beat the Zeke owner by 3 points... Now I'm in the finals while the person who picked Zeke off the waivers last week is fighting for 3rd...

Sucks for that dude.

going for my 4th straight championship.  Up against Gurley and Hopkins and not much else.  I have Zeke, D Freeman, McCoy, M Thomas.  Also have Antonio but lost him due to injury.  Thought I was looking pretty good until then.  Ravens D didn't do much for me, and a late questionable tag on M Thomas has me worried.  

My first two football championships have come by halftime and I have no stress. Feelsgoodman and a little extra cash coming my way 

I am just in the zone right now.  Almost everything is breaking exactly right.  Its especially cool b/c I recently had everything go WRONG and I was like nah, no doubts, Sunday will be my day.

Drafted Gurley only to trade him 4 days before the season started for OBJ

Traded OBJ for Julio. OBJ got hurt a week or two later.

Finished the season number one overall and made it to the championship game. My opponent? The Gurley owner.

Though I was toast watching Gurley go off. 

Washington and Dion Lewis saved the day and now I'm up 36 with Hopkins and Ertz vs Bryant, Jeffery and Jessie James

Yahoo has me at a 90% favorite 

On 12/18/2017 at 11:18 AM, Nyblazer11235 said:

Full ppr, 6 point passing td league

Went as zero wr as you probably could in the draft. First four picks were Gurley, Gronk, Brees and Hyde.

After the draft I was panicked, my WRs consisted of Hogan, Garçon, R.Matthews, C.Coleman, K.Wright and Golladay. Posted on here to ask for advice and was laughed off the forum, told to move gronk for pennies on the dollar, and even told I might as well abaodon the team. 

Today I sit on the brink of a championship game barring the Atl D and Bryant don't score 50 points. And the beauty of it being my first two risky picks of Gronk+Gurley are the main reasons I might get there with almost 80 points between them. 

My ride to the ship is complete. Gurley and Gronk this week finishing the deal with another 70 points. 

3 straight titles

3 staight years with high points. 

8-4-1, 9-4, and 10-3 the last 3 years. 

In this year's playoffs, I had high points each week. If this playoff was "all play"....I would have went 33-0. 

Todd Gurley....Fantasy legend. 

During their bye weeks i dropped jake elliot and the guy im facing dropped butker. We ended up picking the other kicker. If elliot had made the first field goal he would have beaten me. So the week we switched kickers is what gave me the win today

I talked smack preseason that I would dominate,

I passed on every consensus ADP top 12 pick

I informed my league after the auction draft that my strategy was superior and they lived in the past

Everyone in my league said I would finish last because I drafted 'no studs' and was streaming QB's

I dominated the waiver wire with FAAB

I finished 10-3 tied for 1st place

I secured a bye week

I decimated my playoff challenger  by +76pts

I won the title game by  +33pts

I won $$$

I earned the right to talk smack the entire offseason

I AM THE CHAMPION!

CSB B)

On 12/5/2017 at 1:49 PM, Packdog said:

with playoffs starting for a lot of teams i'll post my current results of 27 teams

overall i have a record of 215-135-1. 10 teams start the playoffs this week (5 have a bye) and 13 are alive for berth with most having a regular season game left but three have two left  cause they go to week 17. 8 of those 13 look like a lock for the playoffs with 5 others needing to win (and a couple need some help with losses by other teams) only 4/27 have been eliminated at this point. so currently looking at 18/27 in playoffs with a chance of 23/27 though some likely fail to make it. would be absolutely thrilled with 20 or more playoff teams. individual team records...

1. 9-4 (3rd, 2 games left)

2. 10-3 (3rd, 2 games left)

3. 12-1 (1st, on bye)

4. 9-4 (2nd, on bye)

5. 3-10 (12th, out)

6. 7-6 (2nd, 1 game left)

7. 10-3 (1st, on bye)

8. 8-5 (3rd, vs. 6th seed)

9. 9-4 (2nd, on bye)

10. 10-3 (3rd, vs. 6th seed)

11. 6-7 (8th, out)

12. 5-8 (9th, out)

13. 7-6 (5th, vs. 4th seed)

14. 8-5 (4th, vs. 5th seed)

15. 7-6 (4th, one game left)

16. 7-6 (3rd, one game left)

17. 10-3 (2nd, one game left)

18. 6-7 (4th, one game left)

19. 11-2 (1st, one game left)

20. 10-3 (2nd, one games left)

21. 9-4 (1st, one game left)

22. 9-4 (2nd, two games left)

23. 4-8-1 (11th, out)

24. 6-7 (5th, one game left)

25. 7-6 (5th, vs. 4th seed)

26. 9-4 (2nd, on bye)

27. 7-6 (5th, one game left)

a good year on average of playoff teams. maybe not as nice a winning percentage as last year but last year i had a lot of 7-9 win teams miss playoffs and fell around  my 60% or so average of making playoffs. sitting at a 66.66% of playoff teams with a good chance of getting that above 70%. good luck to all who made the playoffs or are fighting for a spot

in the end it was a pretty rough postseason for my cash leagues. only won 2/20 but secured three 2nd place pots, and three 3rd place pots. that netted me $700 on $457 invested. pretty meh but that's why i play cheap ones. pretty much assured to win a few hundred bucks. didn't win any of the freebies that ended this week but three go to week 17 and all three of my teams there have made it to the ship. still got a chance to go 3/7 in freebies and 5/27 overall

It wasn't my studs (Bell, Zeke, Kamara) that helped me win the championship game, it was three guys I picked up off waivers this week; Bortles, K. Cole and Steelers DEF!

On 12/17/2017 at 6:05 PM, lolcopter said:

The good: I’m in the championship so long as Matt Bryant stays under 27.4 points

The bad: I’ll be playing against Todd Gurley

tenor.gif

Yeah I have Crabtree on my team netting me zero points and I went up against Todd Gurley. The rest of my crew had solid games but it wasn't enough.

Also had the Jags D and Baltimore D, was torn about which one to play- oops they both SUCKED this week.

My sister went 16-0 en route to her 2nd title in three years in the 14 teamer. 

Trying to do the math on the odds now. 

League consensus is 7000:1 (mostly a guess)

Was able to win GOLD in a league where I was up against the undefeated team and I accidentally played DaVante Adams (Thanks girlfriend)...

But a HUGE thanks to Gurley and Dion Lewis. SAVED me by 30 points.

If I hadn't benched Kareem Hunt for Mike Davis in Week 14, I would have made the playoffs by 8 points and sailed to a fantasy Super Bowl.  Instead I fell to 5th place by 6 points, and had my team explode in the consolation ladder.

At the beginning of the year, I had Rodgers, Watson, Beckham, Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Jordan Reed and Delanie Walker.  After week 3, I thought my team was invincible, then the injuries started.  Every week, I had to find new starters.  Not only did I survived, I won the league.  In the semi, I faced the owner of Gurley, Kamari, Fournette and Antonio Brown.  Then in the final, the owner of Brady, Bell, Ertz and Ingram.  My championship roster compose of Alex Smith, Drake, Hunt, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Dion Lewis, Delanie Walker, Butker and Jaguars.

Edited by knvo2k

still basking in my dynasty championship but enjoyed watching the games with nothing on the line besides scouting for 2018.  had some great performances from starters and from bench guys.  

kamara: 38.5 points

fournette: 17.6

Duke: 19.5

Diggs: 17.7

Golladay: 16

Kittle: 14

Lockett: 21.3

Collins: 17.6

Barber: 16.9

De'angelo Henderson: 14.4

Tyrell: 15.7

Jags D: 22

Tyreek: DNP

On 12/26/2017 at 9:59 AM, Packdog said:

in the end it was a pretty rough postseason for my cash leagues. only won 2/20 but secured three 2nd place pots, and three 3rd place pots. that netted me $700 on $457 invested. pretty meh but that's why i play cheap ones. pretty much assured to win a few hundred bucks. didn't win any of the freebies that ended this week but three go to week 17 and all three of my teams there have made it to the ship. still got a chance to go 3/7 in freebies and 5/27 overall

only won one of those freebies. story of my year continued. great regular season and a mediocre postseason. 3/27 won with only $243 profit. i did manage to cash in 7 best ball leagues for $625. that's also prolly only a hundred or two profit but i'll take it

On December 26, 2017 at 12:13 PM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

My sister went 16-0 en route to her 2nd title in three years in the 14 teamer. 

Trying to do the math on the odds now. 

League consensus is 7000:1 (mostly a guess)

The odds seem high, like you guys are treating it as lightning striking twice so you can feel better...my guess is that Vegas would notice that she has the league "number" and would make her "even money" next year to win again.

Up 12 going into MNF in the ship. He had Crab, Alshon, and Ertz all going. Ended up still losing by 4 even with the goose eggs. Such is FF life.