GmGodine

Paul Millsap 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

Markief... 
EASY brother

It was easy until Wall went down, and he's balling again. He was balling in suns with higher usage rate and I see same happening...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

It was easy until Wall went down, and he's balling again. He was balling in suns with higher usage rate and I see same happening...

Yeah sorry

You're right

Then Chriss... most inconsistent of all

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

just checked my watch and looks like its stash now or cry later o'clock

aaaaaaaaaahahhaha

NICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WorldFootballStore said:

Any updates? Is he likely to play next week?

Next week probably not. I may be mistaken, but I think I read the coach said he will begin training after the all star break. He will probably play towards the end of February. I think basketball monster or rotowire have a feb.23 date for now, for whatever that's worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Dude needs to return soon to stop Jokic, who I am going against.

 

Being owner of Jokic, Harris and Murray, please enjoy your vacation Millsap :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirojenic30 said:

 

Being owner of Jokic, Harris and Murray, please enjoy your vacation Millsap :D

 

3 nuggets? I sincerely hope you’re not playing h2h in default yahoo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chirojenic30 said:

 

Being owner of Jokic, Harris and Murray, please enjoy your vacation Millsap :D

 

5 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

 

3 nuggets? I sincerely hope you’re not playing h2h in default yahoo.

 

Still could be worse... (3 Timberwolves) :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously hoping this dude doesn’t mess up what the Nuggs have going right now.  The offense looked horrid with Sap when he was healthy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Seriously hoping this dude doesn’t mess up what the Nuggs have going right now.  The offense looked horrid with Sap when he was healthy. 

You're kidding right? They were playing their best basketball right before he got injured. Millsap is their best defensive player and arguably their best offensive player. The Nuggets won't make the playoffs without Millsap.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeNoIngles said:

You're kidding right? They were playing their best basketball right before he got injured. Millsap is their best defensive player and arguably their best offensive player. The Nuggets won't make the playoffs without Millsap.

2

 

Certainly not kidding as they were 1 of the worst offenses in the league with him on the floor. This is not prime Milsap here as he is more of a ball stopper Melo type these days. I certainly don't think he is a better offensive player than Jokic and I am not even sure he is a better offensive player than Harris or Murray.

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeNoIngles said:

You're kidding right? They were playing their best basketball right before he got injured. Millsap is their best defensive player and arguably their best offensive player. The Nuggets won't make the playoffs without Millsap.

Facts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Certainly not kidding as they were 1 of the worst offenses in the league with him on the floor. 

Care to provide some numbers and facts to back this up. Read this article and see if you still feel the same way.

 https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/11/22/16688028/paul-millsap-injury-nuggets

 

Some key points from the article:

 

When Millsap is on the floor, Denver allows two points per 100 possessions less than it does when he’s on the court, per NBA.com. That metric was only likely to improve as Millsap finds his way into a new defensive system.

That defensive bonus from Millsap made it slightly more manageable for a team that plays one-way offensive players like Mason Plumlee, Emmanuel Mudiay and Juancho Hernangomez.

The Nuggets weren’t losing anything on offense with Millsap either. In fact, they were better. The team scored three points per 100 possessions more with Millsap on the floor than off. He was making a true impact on both ends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeNoIngles said:

Care to provide some numbers and facts to back this up. Read this article and see if you still feel the same way.

 https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/11/22/16688028/paul-millsap-injury-nuggets

 

Some key points from the article:

 

When Millsap is on the floor, Denver allows two points per 100 possessions less than it does when he’s on the court, per NBA.com. That metric was only likely to improve as Millsap finds his way into a new defensive system.

That defensive bonus from Millsap made it slightly more manageable for a team that plays one-way offensive players like Mason Plumlee, Emmanuel Mudiay and Juancho Hernangomez.

The Nuggets weren’t losing anything on offense with Millsap either. In fact, they were better. The team scored three points per 100 possessions more with Millsap on the floor than off. He was making a true impact on both ends.

 

Have zero facts just basing it off memory and I certainly could be wrong. The stretch you're talking about is when they won 4 out of 6 before Sap went down. I watched a lot for the games early on and it was just ugly, ugly basketball trying to integrate Milsap and they changed the offense to cater to him which I hated and it affected Jokic a lot. Milsap takes a lot of bad, bad shots where he just forces things.  They changed the offense and instead ran it through Sap instead of running it through Jokic. Like I said I could be wrong here but I think besides that 6 game stretch you are talking about they were just not very good early on. I just hope when he does come back they tell him to fit in rather than again shifting the offense to cater to Milsap as right now Barton, Murray, Harris and Jokic are rolling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chud12 said:

 

Certainly not kidding as they were 1 of the worst offenses in the league with him on the floor. This is not prime Milsap here as he is more of a ball stopper Melo type these days. I certainly don't think he is a better offensive player than Jokic and I am not even sure he is a better offensive player than Harris or Murray.

 

2 hours ago, JoeNoIngles said:

You're kidding right? They were playing their best basketball right before he got injured. Millsap is their best defensive player and arguably their best offensive player. The Nuggets won't make the playoffs without Millsap.

 

Going to have to agree with JoeNoIngles on this one, from a fantasy perspective (I'm a Garris & Jokic owner) I don't have any interest in seeing Millsap return ASAP but as an avid league pass watcher for many years and a big fan of the Nuggets young core, I have to admit there is 0% chance they're going anywhere, if they can even make the playoffs, without Millsap. Jokic is a beast but he just isn't consistent enough yet and he can be like Cousins-Lite sometimes with how he reacts emotionally (very "lite" haha but still, he can be tricked into overreacting pretty easily), Gary Harris is ultra-efficient but still not more than a high-potential 3&D/peripheral player, and Jamal Murray's picture is next Charlie Kelly's under "wild-card" in the dictionary you never know what you're going to get from him. As for Barton/Chandler I think the rest of you are higher on them than I am. I'm a fan of Craig & Hernangomez but Craig is still ultra-raw and JH is even rawer. Plumlee is hurt and a bit of a square peg in a round hole on this team anyway. I'm a fan of Trey Lyles on this team as well but he's nothing more than a solid big off the bench.

 

All that being said though, I know this is the Millsap thread and I don't want to get off topic, but my point is that Malone has no choice but to integrate Millsap into the offense heavily IF the goal is playoffs and potential playoff success. Without Millsap this team just doesn't have the firepower or veteran consistency. If you ask me, they're probably going to fail, since Millsap is 30+ y/o and not what he once was, but I could be wrong and a team featuring him on both ends is really their only shot at the playoffs and any success therein, as far fetched as that realistically is. Otherwise, w/o him or another veteran all-star caliber presence, they'll just be the perennial young-gunner type team that occasionally beats the Warriors/Celtics one night and loses to the Hawks/Suns the next night, and any team not owned by Donald Sterling would not accept that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, krupocin said:

 

 

Going to have to agree with JoeNoIngles on this one, from a fantasy perspective (I'm a Garris & Jokic owner) I don't have any interest in seeing Millsap return ASAP but as an avid league pass watcher for many years and a big fan of the Nuggets young core, I have to admit there is 0% chance they're going anywhere, if they can even make the playoffs, without Millsap. Jokic is a beast but he just isn't consistent enough yet and he can be like Cousins-Lite sometimes with how he reacts emotionally (very "lite" haha but still, he can be tricked into overreacting pretty easily), Gary Harris is ultra-efficient but still not more than a high-potential 3&D/peripheral player, and Jamal Murray's picture is next Charlie Kelly's under "wild-card" in the dictionary you never know what you're going to get from him. As for Barton/Chandler I think the rest of you are higher on them than I am. I'm a fan of Craig & Hernangomez but Craig is still ultra-raw and JH is even rawer. Plumlee is hurt and a bit of a square peg in a round hole on this team anyway. I'm a fan of Trey Lyles on this team as well but he's nothing more than a solid big off the bench.

 

All that being said though, I know this is the Millsap thread and I don't want to get off topic, but my point is that Malone has no choice but to integrate Millsap into the offense heavily IF the goal is playoffs and potential playoff success. Without Millsap this team just doesn't have the firepower or veteran consistency. If you ask me, they're probably going to fail, since Millsap is 30+ y/o and not what he once was, but I could be wrong and a team featuring him on both ends is really their only shot at the playoffs and any success therein, as far fetched as that realistically is. Otherwise, w/o him or another veteran all-star caliber presence, they'll just be the perennial young-gunner type team that occasionally beats the Warriors/Celtics one night and loses to the Hawks/Suns the next night, and any team not owned by Donald Sterling would not accept that. 

 

Good insight but I am a bit misunderstood. All I disputed was that the Nuggets weren’t good offensively when he was healthy snd that Sap isn’t the best offensive player on the team. I am a Murray owner so I’d rather see him not come back at all lol.  

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chud12 said:

Seriously hoping this dude doesn’t mess up what the Nuggs have going right now.  The offense looked horrid with Sap when he was healthy. 

 

I think y’all are getting caught up with Sap’s return when there should be some thought on the trade deadline. They’ll likely ship Wilson and mudiay away for a guard to lead the second unit and perhaps another wing or big. It’s going to be interesting to see how moves mess with the entire rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in terms of the nuggets season outlook, millsap (and the nuggets)  will  be fine as long  as he  plays within the current context of the  team. that means continuing to be a good two way player and not  sapping  (pardon the pun) the  offense in terms of  isos and post  ups, which he did quite a bit in the early season 

Edited by taenggg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, taenggg said:

in terms of the nuggets season outlook, millsap (and the nuggets)  will  be fine as long  as he  plays within the current context of the  team. that means continuing to be a good two way player and not  sapping  (pardon the pun) the  offense in terms of  isos and post  ups, which he did quite a bit in the early season 

 

Exactly this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

I think y’all are getting caught up with Sap’s return when there should be some thought on the trade deadline. They’ll likely ship Wilson and mudiay away for a guard to lead the second unit and perhaps another wing or big. It’s going to be interesting to see how moves mess with the entire rotation.

 

True but how many times do we hear this at the deadline and then nothing happens...especially with the Nuggets but really most of the league. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF 
 

image.png.42ec3ed3fec28dbf6594c6d08ae8d4c4.png

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange. So they're basically saying he'll return by his original date. They were just saying he was ahead of schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.