Axe Elf

Axe Elf's 2017 Leagues, Teams and Players

9 minutes ago, erick2008e said:

What's a draft master?

Well, besides Axe Elf (the undisputed Master of All Draft Masters), the Draft Masters format (sometimes called "best-ball" format) is a league in which you draft your team--and then do nothing else for the rest of the season.  There are no waivers, no trades, no free agents, no setting lineups--you automatically get the points from your best possible lineup each week, and the most total points scored wins.

So you get all the fun of drafting without the hangover of team management--kinda like birth control for fantasy football.

Edited by Axe Elf

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

Well, besides Axe Elf (the undisputed Master of All Draft Masters), the Draft Masters format (sometimes called "best-ball" format) is a league in which you draft your team--and then do nothing else for the rest of the season.  There are no waivers, no trades, no free agents, no setting lineups--you automatically get the points from your best possible lineup each week, and the most total points scored wins.

Except for last year? Where you lost...all of them?

edit: sorry you lost all the ones we were in which were about 10 of them 

Edited by bhawks489

6 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

Was offered B. Cooks for Carson, Garcon, Thielen, do I accept?

Wrong thread.

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Except for last year? Where you lost...all of them?

No, Draft Masters leagues were the same last year as this year.

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

edit: sorry you lost all the ones we were in which were about 10 of them 

Don't be sorry, but I lost all of the other ones too.  I still mastered all of the drafts, but you can't win in that format when 60% of your drafted players get injured for at least a month.

Even Axe Elf can't predict injuries.

Edited by Axe Elf

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Undisputed loser of all draft masters last year ? 

Axually I tied with 8 other losers in each of those leagues, so I wouldn't say I was the "undisputed" loser.

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:
5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

So you get all the fun of drafting without the hangover of team management--kinda like birth control for fantasy football.

Undisputed loser of all draft masters last year ? 

where do I find draft master leagues ? Seems more fun not having to worry or stress about losing when TY Hilton and Wilson go off on your bench

Just now, erick2008e said:

where do I find draft master leagues ? Seems more fun not having to worry or stress about losing when TY Hilton and Wilson go off on your bench

Yeah, that's why Hilton is such a valuable player in that format.  He's wildly inconsistent in managed leagues, but in the best-ball format, you get the points from his 184/2 games but you don't have to eat his 40/0 games.

I do most of mine at RTSports, but My Fantasy League also does them--they call them "MFL10s."  At RTSports, you can do either snake or auction drafts, but the minimum entry fee is $20.  MFL10s are only $10 (you can do $25, $50 and $100 levels too), but they are only snake drafts.  RTSports leagues are 10-man leagues, but MFL10s are 12 team leagues--so the competition is greater.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Fully healthy, so far (knock on wood).

I'd hate to see him less than 100%

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, that's why Hilton is such a valuable player in that format.  He's wildly inconsistent in managed leagues, but in the best-ball format, you get the points from his 184/2 games but you don't have to eat his 40/0 games.

I do most of mine at RTSports, but My Fantasy League also does them--they call them "MFL10s."  At RTSports, you can do either snake or auction drafts, but the minimum entry fee is $20.  MFL10s are only $10 (you can do $25, $50 and $100 levels too), but they are only snake drafts.  RTSports leagues are 10-man leagues, but MFL10s are 12 team leagues--so the competition is greater.

Thanks! Def. joining a few of these leagues next year

Gotta admit as bad as you are at fantasy and evaluating talent, gotta admire the unwavering confidence, even if it is either delusional or false bravado, makes for a good laugh nonetheless.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Gotta admit as bad as you are at fantasy and evaluating talent, gotta admire the unwavering confidence, even if it is either delusional or false bravado, makes for a good laugh nonetheless.

I don't know who you're talking to, but this is an Axe Elf thread.

5 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't know who you're talking to, but this is an Axe Elf thread.

Precisely, nothing more synonymous with Axe Elf than bad at fantasy and false bravado..

4 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Precisely, nothing more synonymous with Axe Elf than bad at fantasy and false bravado..

Maybe for those who have taken on the Sisyphean task of competing against Axe Elf and come away with nothing but sour grapes, but for those willing to listen, the only thing synonymous with Axe Elf is Fantasy Championship.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:08 PM, Axe Elf said:

Maybe for those who have taken on the Sisyphean task of competing against Axe Elf and come away with nothing but sour grapes, but for those willing to listen, the only thing synonymous with Axe Elf is Fantasy Championship.

Axually once they sift through all the self-aggrandizing garbage most people probly do learn something from some of your posts, which is more than can be said for you, since you have obviously learned nothing from these boards, sticking to the same silly ARob, no QB/TE, etc. strategy and losing with it all over again.

One day you will evolve and realize that letting a draft/auction come to you instead of being dead set on having ARob, or no QB/TE is a much smarter approach.

Or you'll go extinct.

Can't say I have a preference, one way or the other.

Edited by Fiveohnine

47 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Haha so fitting that CROWell was his big push this year. Top 10-15 rb numbers GUARANTEED guys!!!

So we know that A$$ Elf is a joke as a talent evaluator. Who in the whole god damn world has ever looked at Crowell run and thought he was a great RB

the ego driven elf is struggling again. what a surprise. excuses galore as usual and self-reassurance he isn't terrible at this game despite the years of evidence showing he really is extremely bad at it. the denial is strong in the elf.

for comparison elf, i have 27 teams this year too (not counting my draft masters of which  i have a couple with you in it). 20 are cash and 7 are free. i don't make excuses when injuries hit. i draft well and have adequate replacements more often than not. in the first three weeks i went 17-9-1, 17-10, and 18-9 (overall 52-28-1). that's eight teams starting 3-0, ten teams starting 2-1, seven teams starting 1-2, one team 1-1-1, and only one 0-3. this happens because i don't over invest in certain players, i understand i can be wrong on a player and take a chance on someone or draft others for variance, and i don't stay stuck to my opinion despite evidence mounting that contradicts it.

your own ego sinks you, dude. being so assured you are right blinds you to new realities and causes you to over-invest in questionable players as well as leaving you more screwed when injuries do hit. when you lose arob on 75% percent of your teams it's not bad luck. it's your own fault for making that the case. i lost arob on a couple of my 3-0 teams. no sweat off my back and i am pretty sure the options i have on the bench are better anyway, even if arob stayed healthy. i can weather injuries and bad games by players well. you seem to not be able to and lean on them as an excuse for how bad you are at this game. you don't prepare for the inevitable and that's no one's fault but your own.

• Like 1

Guys, we gotta keep it to subtle jabs and not go over the top for knockouts. 

Axe is hilarious and I like seeing him post. But if we hit too hard he will vanish like last year. 

We need to subtlety keep the shame bell rolling through 2017 season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Guys, we gotta keep it to subtle jabs and not go over the top for knockouts. 

Axe is hilarious and I like seeing him post. But if we hit too hard he will vanish like last year. 

We need to subtlety keep the shame bell rolling through 2017 season 

Good point! i'll limit myself to biweekly jabs.

• Haha 2