Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe Elf's 2017 Leagues, Teams and Players

That’s Axe Alf, not Axe Elf. Axe Alf was created last year to mock Axe Elf when all of his claims fizzled out and was banned by it. Axe Elf is still here, he just doesn’t post right now because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong... on everything. 

Reading the first page, it would be interesting to hear what moves/ trades he did to make up for the injured players. 

Did he trade zeke to get help elsewhere or hold? Zeke production in a few games probably won him 3 weeks alone 

More than likely played the waivers for a qb once Winston was out

did someone jump for doug martin once the suspension was up? 

22 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Reading the first page, it would be interesting to hear what moves/ trades he did to make up for the injured players. 

Did he trade zeke to get help elsewhere or hold? Zeke production in a few games probably won him 3 weeks alone 

More than likely played the waivers for a qb once Winston was out

did someone jump for doug martin once the suspension was up? 

Considering he stopped posting, we can assume his teams tanked like they did last year. 

2 hours ago, ajlynema said:

Considering he stopped posting, we can assume his teams tanked like they did last year. 

In what is probably the greatest injustice in the history of Rotoworld, the hero of our story AssElf was perm banned for being a duplicate account

1 minute ago, Anteater99 said:

In what is probably the greatest injustice in the history of Rotoworld, the hero of our story AssElf was perm banned for being a duplicate account

Axe was on just a few hours ago. Anyone that makes fun of him or questions his intelligence gets banned though. So you have to do it with passive aggressive tactics. 

Bump this. We need to know how Axe is doing this year. I have my Christmas fund riding on how well his teams are doing. 

I suppose it's time for a little closure to the 2017 season, now that I can bear to think about football again.  Seriously, the hours spent every week on free agency for 30ish leagues (especially when two or three of my starters are getting hurt every week) and/or finding a trade partner who doesn't think that Lamar Miller is adequate compensation for Antonio Brown gets very old by the middle of November.  I was axually going to stop by in the middle of October to give you all an update, but then my dad went into the hospital for emergency open heart surgery, and the next week we were planning the funeral, and for the next few weeks after that, fantasy football didn't seem like the most important thing in the world any more--so I never got around to it.

Needless to say, if you followed my teams in the drafting stage, it would have been impossible for me to have the kind of year that one has come to expect from the legend that is Axe Elf--but at least it was better than 2016.  The biggest regret is probably Allen Robinson--I know I'm not the only one to be killed by an AR-15 last year, but having him as my WR2 in virtually every one of my leagues really hurt when he recorded only one catch on the season.  Given the kind of year that the Jaguars went on to have, I think it's safe to say that Robinson would have been a valuable asset.  I have to put Sam Bradford in that basket as well--looks like he would have had an amazing season if he could have played more than 2 games.

And if you don't think being right all the time can be a curse, do you remember me saying that the Ezekiel Elliott suspension thing would probably stretch out through the season and then he would end up having to serve his suspension at the worst possible time in Weeks 11-16?  Well, it turned out to be Weeks 10-15, but still... and of course I got stung in a handful of leagues where I couldn't pass up drafting both Elliott and McFadden for the price of one RB in auction leagues--stung twice because of carrying McFadden all year, only to have him be a non-factor when Elliott WAS suspended!

Fortunately, the usual Axe Elf prescience held for those few players who remained healthy--Larry Fitzgerald made an excellent WR3 for most of my leagues, I was all over sleepers like Marquise Goodwin and Nelson Agholor, and my "QB is the new D" strategy paid off by waiting until the final rounds to select QBs like Carson Wentz, Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford.  Having Zach Ertz at TE in most of my leagues was almost as good as having Gronk, as I had predicted, and I figured out that Dion Lewis was the best RB the Patriots had MONTHS before Bill Belichick did.  The injuries were too much for most of my Draft Master teams to survive (I only won two of those), but I was able to float along on duct tape and baling wire for several of my managed teams, and ended up just $50 ahead for the season.  So a fair-to-middling year for most people, I suppose, but a failure by Axe Elf standards--for the second year in a row!

But the biggest loss was still my dad.

R.I.P.

6 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

When you have 200 teams you're bound to hit on one 

Unless you're Axe Elf, and then you're bound to hit on 190.

So sorry to read about your dad. May he rest in peace. Glad your back Axe Elf. 

On 3/31/2018 at 4:55 AM, weakkneeswilly said:

So sorry to read about your dad. May he rest in peace. Glad your back Axe Elf. 

Not sure what happened, but sorry for your loss bud.