FuzyLucker

COOK for HUNT ??? TRADE WHIR!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to swing a trade for Kareem Hunt, wondering what would you guys thinks about which combo would be enticing? I was thinking my Julio + Cook for His OBJ + Hunt.  Thoughts?  WHIR My team in sig

HIs team

QB: Stafford, Luck

RB: Ajayi, Hunt, Powell, White, Charles

WR: OBJ, D.Hop, Landry, Robinson, K.White

TE: Reed, Brate

DEF: Den

K: Bailey

It's a close call, but I like the Julio/Cook side of that deal a little bit better.

It seems like Hunt's situation is much better right now right? Spiller just got cut KC only carrying 2 RBs now with C.West as the handcuff Reid has done wonders for Rookie RBs, play in a offense that's on par compare to the Vikings and both have a great Defense. Now with Cook he's probably a better talent with his college tape but preseason I'll say Hunt was a better performer. Murray might be over with injury and might took him a couple of games to have an impact but I don't see how he doesn't get the majority of the GL at least and with McKinnon don't know what is role will be. Another major issue for me is MIN OL was pretty bad in preseason (I know it's preseason things might be different comes week 1) but they were bad last season and no significant upgrade to the line has me worry. So I feel like the situation between these 2 RBs have a bigger gap than what Julio and OBJ have. Therefor I feel like it's a good trade for me what does everyone think?

I'd rather have Julio as my WR but I'd rather have Hunt as my RB.  I'd stay put if it were me but it's an even trade so if you're aiming to get Hunt, that's a good way to do it.

2 hours ago, FuzyLucker said:

I'm trying to swing a trade for Kareem Hunt, wondering what would you guys thinks about which combo would be enticing? I was thinking my Julio + Cook for His OBJ + Hunt.  Thoughts?  WHIR My team in sig

HIs team

QB: Stafford, Luck

RB: Ajayi, Hunt, Powell, White, Charles

WR: OBJ, D.Hop, Landry, Robinson, K.White

TE: Reed, Brate

DEF: Den

K: Bailey

don't commit fantasy suicide before the season even starts

Edited by c27

I don't get this fascination with Kareem Hunt, other than that he's a shiny new rookie full of potential who suddenly found himself the starter so everybody thinks he's a great find or something.

I mean Spencer Ware never had higher than a 4th round ADP, but I keep seeing Hunt taken early in the third round.  Ware went for $15-$18 in auctions; Hunt goes for $24-$26.

So the rookie backup is more valuable than the incumbent starter was?

I'm not buying it, and I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with Hunt's performance this season.

1 minute ago, c27 said:

don't commit fantasy suicide before the season if starts

I'm not quite sure what u mean can u give me more info on how this would be a suicide move tho. My concerns are at the 5th post as I stated that the drop off between Julio to OBJ is much closer than Hunt to Cook. I can see some people are worry about OBJ's ankle since there wasn't much news on it but Julio also have a foot problem himself as well and he seems to allegic to the endzone consider his 1st rd price tag. Not trying to challenge u, I just need more reasoning behind it. That's all

1 minute ago, FuzyLucker said:

I'm not quite sure what u mean can u give me more info on how this would be a suicide move tho. My concerns are at the 5th post as I stated that the drop off between Julio to OBJ is much closer than Hunt to Cook. I can see some people are worry about OBJ's ankle since there wasn't much news on it but Julio also have a foot problem himself as well and he seems to allegic to the endzone consider his 1st rd price tag. Not trying to challenge u, I just need more reasoning behind it. That's all

only foot problem Julio will have is deciding what shoes to wear as he finishes as the 1 overall WR this year. Beckham on the other hand will be flip floppin around between lingering ankle and hamstring issues all season, while Brandon Marshall takes over as the WR1 for that team. So at this point, it doesn even matter what Hunt or Cook does this season, you need to keep Julio regardless.

3 minutes ago, c27 said:

only foot problem Julio will have is deciding what shoes to wear as he finishes as the 1 overall WR this year. Beckham on the other hand will be flip floppin around between lingering ankle and hamstring issues all season, while Brandon Marshall takes over as the WR1 for that team. So at this point, it doesn even matter what Hunt or Cook does this season, you need to keep Julio regardless.

I really appreciate ur opinion on helping my question but to say someone is going to finish the season overall #1 WR and OBJ is gonna be trouble by injuries all season with Marshall taking over it all just sounds like bold predictions to me which that's pretty much what we all do here but u still didn't give me actually datas, stats, situations and precedents to back this up. Would u feel at all a bit more confident about making a trade if I tell u what u told me. Again, I am not trying to offend u in anyway and if u feel that way then I apologize in advance. 

1 minute ago, FuzyLucker said:

I really appreciate ur opinion on helping my question but to say someone is going to finish the season overall #1 WR and OBJ is gonna be trouble by injuries all season with Marshall taking over it all just sounds like bold predictions to me which that's pretty much what we all do here but u still didn't give me actually datas, stats, situations and precedents to back this up. Would u feel at all a bit more confident about making a trade if I tell u what u told me. Again, I am not trying to offend u in anyway and if u feel that way then I apologize in advance.

I don't know you at all, but I would feel more comfortable with you as my O-coordinator than Steve Kardashian. The only game plan on offense now with Shanahan gone will be to force feed Julio who gets the Saints, Panthers, and Bucs D twice a year mostly indoors, or you can go with the guy who goes to the Bahamas the week before a playoff game. When you look up the definition of "red zone vulture" in the dictionary, it says "see: Brandon Marshall"

7 minutes ago, Mad_Jens said:

In a vacuum, I would take Cook over Hunt.  

I'd take Hunt

Just now, Mad_Jens said:

Good for you.  I own Hunt.  

Well done sir

56 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't get this fascination with Kareem Hunt, other than that he's a shiny new rookie full of potential who suddenly found himself the starter so everybody thinks he's a great find or something.

I mean Spencer Ware never had higher than a 4th round ADP, but I keep seeing Hunt taken early in the third round.  Ware went for $15-$18 in auctions; Hunt goes for $24-$26.

So the rookie backup is more valuable than the incumbent starter was?

I'm not buying it, and I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with Hunt's performance this season.

Oh wow, the legendary elf. Always read ur comments on this forum with good insights. Here my take on Hunt, to me he's a little less talented than Cook but what I like about him is like I said the situation he's in, KC just let go of Spiller today that leaves West as the back up. Personally idk if KC will bring anymore RB for depth in the future but they only have 2 RBs that's it so workload is ideal for a bellcow add on the history of usage of previous Reid's RBs with an average to above average Oline and above average defense. Now Cook on the other hand is not handling GL at the moment and mcKinnon still there but who knows he might if Murray is as bad as everyone said without that No.2 Oline from OAK last year since MIN's Oline was pretty bad last season and still bad this preseason with no major upgrade (I know its preseason but still) I'm not saying the Oline is everything but its hard for me to imagine the talent Cook has to possess to have any success to match his ADP. That's why I wanna have Hunt over Cook. What pushes me to wanna trade like I said before is the gap between Julio & OBJ is much closer than the gap between Hunt & Cook. What u think Elf?

Edited by FuzyLucker

Just now, FuzyLucker said:

So someone drafted Cook before u? When was the draft?

why not just trade cook straight up while his stock is the highest it will ever be? All the scenarios you points out previously is SPOT ON 

4 minutes ago, FuzyLucker said:

So someone drafted Cook before u? When was the draft?

In an auction ($200) Cook went for $32 and I passed, and I later bought Hunt at $35.  I'd rather buy Cook at $35, looking back.  

Edit: Draft was Thursday.  

Edited by Mad_Jens