phatrat

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options - Playoff Edition

Syndegaard was dropped in my league a few months back and I could nab him for his start this Friday. But does he really have a shot at a QS? 

McHugh has been great, but how is everyone feeling about him @Tex?  As it was pointed out the FA options are weak. 

7 hours ago, tcorb22 said:

Syndegaard was dropped in my league a few months back and I could nab him for his start this Friday. But does he really have a shot at a QS? 

I doubt he pitches more than a couple of innings.  They may very well be pretty good innings, but I don't see them letting him go 5 even if he throws 5 pitches again every inning.

Chad Kuhl might be a good stream in deeper leagues Wednesday against the Orioles. Kinda depends on how many LHH they fit into the lineup, but even if they don't there is enough swing and miss that he could go 5-6 and get some K's

10 hours ago, tcorb22 said:

Like others have said if its a keeper grab him but if not leave him. He's probably only going to 3 inning max. No point in re-drafts

Answering my own question:

http://m.pirates.mlb.com/news/article/255872494/pirates-jung-ho-kang-is-playing-winter-ball/

Trevor Williams and Chad Kuhl will start Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, against the Orioles at PNC Park. The Pirates have not yet revealed their rotation for their four-game series at Nationals Park to conclude the season.

I really wanted a Tuesday/Sunday start, but Williams is already 30 over his innings from last year, so I'm guessing each one just gets one more outing.  Not sure either is worth a stream now.

Vegas just started taking action on Williams tomorrow. Then they have Brault listed for Wednesday (no action yet).

Here's how I'm prioritizing my claims for tonight (we do claims Monday/Thursday nights).  There are very few usable Tuesday/Sunday options because of six-man rotations, playoff teams resting starters, and bad matchups.

Bridwell (at CWS, vs SEA) -- only streamer I can see picking up now that has two okay matchups

Mengden (vs. SEA, at TX) -- probably only usable in the first start, but who knows what team Texas rolls out for that last game

Woodruff (vs CIN) -- tough matchup, but one of the more promising arms out there, and this is a dynasty league so this is partly for next year

Kuhl (at BAL) -- meh

Almost nothing else usable until later in the week -- Colon, Perdomo, Lugo are all desperation heaves for Sunday starts to blow past the innings cap.

Anyone know if Tomlin goes at all this week?  He's not great, but for W purposes, he could be sneaky usable.

If looking for a power bat- Greg Bird could be a difference maker this week. Nyy Homestand to finish the year and by my count should face all RHP except Snell tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Here's how I'm prioritizing my claims for tonight (we do claims Monday/Thursday nights).  There are very few usable Tuesday/Sunday options because of six-man rotations, playoff teams resting starters, and bad matchups.

Bridwell (at CWS, vs SEA) -- only streamer I can see picking up now that has two okay matchups

Mengden (vs. SEA, at TX) -- probably only usable in the first start, but who knows what team Texas rolls out for that last game

Woodruff (vs CIN) -- tough matchup, but one of the more promising arms out there, and this is a dynasty league so this is partly for next year

Kuhl (at BAL) -- meh

Almost nothing else usable until later in the week -- Colon, Perdomo, Lugo are all desperation heaves for Sunday starts to blow past the innings cap.

Anyone know if Tomlin goes at all this week?  He's not great, but for W purposes, he could be sneaky usable.

Personally I'd worry about about SEA than @TEX. I agree with your order of those guys though.

@tonycpsu

@Fiveohnine

I havent heard anything about Brault yet. I know he isnt starting Wednesday though. His last start had him lined up to go Wednesday but he isn't on a normal schedule so my guess is the book just has hasn't updated their matchups yet

One thing to consider this week: some of the better teams are resting their starters. For example Washington today is without Harper, Murphy, and rendon. 

Not recommending them by any means but it does make streams like Nova vs the Nats or Stephenson vs the Cubs much more palatable.

44 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

One thing to consider this week: some of the better teams are resting their starters. For example Washington today is without Harper, Murphy, and rendon. 

Not recommending them by any means but it does make streams like Nova vs the Nats or Stephenson vs the Cubs much more palatable.

What you said is definitely true.  Obviously I don't think anyone will be touching Nova unless they want to lose, but it is true that teams will be resting players like Arizona is tonight.

26 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

What you said is definitely true.  Obviously I don't think anyone will be touching Nova unless they want to lose, but it is true that teams will be resting players like Arizona is tonight.

Eh certainly not touching him in my league but I guess if the league is deep enough...and NL only...and you didn't count Ws in your settings? Maybe?

But yeah more to the point, teams who have clinched like Was, Ari, Hou, NYY, LAD, Cle may not  be "must-avoid" match-ups this week. Also means if your team is heavy with players from those teams you may need some bench depth.

5 hours ago, DidiFan said:

If looking for a power bat- Greg Bird could be a difference maker this week. Nyy Homestand to finish the year and by my count should face all RHP except Snell tomorrow. 

Grabbed Bird to replace Olson, hopefully he mashes to be in form for the PO

Edited by fingy

1 hour ago, fingy said:

Grabbed Bird to replace Olson, hopefully he mashes to be in form for the PO

Might not play on Tue vs lefty

The strange thing with Bird is he's actually hitting lefties much better than righties this year (.240/.310/.520 vs. LHP compared to .157/.272/.343 vs. RHP.) It's a small sample size, but hopefully enough to buy him a start tomorrow while he's hot.

Posted this in the gameday thread, so apologies if this is unnecessary:

. I really need a 2 start pickup. Vargas and Tomlin both go tonight and would be on track to start Sunday.

I am fairly certain the Royals won't alter Vargas' schedule. Tomlin on the other hand, I have concerns that the Indians would start a non-postseason pitcher if the game is meaningless.

Anyone else streaming either of these guys? Tomlin has been unlucky this year (according to FIP) - Vargas the opposite.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Any of you guys streaming G-Rich tomorrow? I'm sure they will allow him to throw 90-100 pitches. 

I'd toss Richards against anybody at this point.