gbill2004

Josh McCown 2017 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Crazy right? I thought my season was lost when Rodgers went down but McCown has been money. The Denver matchup this week does not scare me one bit.

Let's net get ahead of ourselves and jinx it, that's the kiss of death.

2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:
  13 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Crazy right? I thought my season was lost when Rodgers went down but McCown has been money. The Denver matchup this week does not scare me one bit sorta scares me but I have to keep rolling him out and pray that he sustains his recent production.

2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Let's net get ahead of ourselves and jinx it, that's the kiss of death.

Ok you're right. I fixed it for us B)

• Like 2

Someone said it before, but I'll reiterate. DEN D has given up the MOST passing TDs of any team in the league... McCown is red hot and Jets always find a way to play a competitive game to the finish, so think McCown has a nice floor this week. 

Broncos have been giving up the 9th most points to QBs over the last 4 weeks, and McCown is on fire

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

At which point do you think we should factor in matchups? McCown is among the hottest QBs in the league right now. He has @DEN @NO LAC coming up. 2 tough places to go on the road, and his only home matchup against the arguably best defense right now. Guys like Winston or Bortles have much better matchups and largely at home. Do you still roll with the hot hand McCown or stream for better matchups? 

11 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Probably just cuz of his blow up game vs Raiders last time 

I get that but it's as if they completely forgot about his prior 4 games where he averaged 223.5 passing yards 1 TD 1 INT. I get he had a blow up game and Reid no longer calling plays helps and he does have a juicy matchup this week versus Oakland BUT the separation between him and McCown in the rankings is just madness.

Looking at the time of possession stats form last week and NYJ had the ball for 42.49, Denver only had the ball for 25.38 in their game vs Miami, that should bode well for McCown.

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

At which point do you think we should factor in matchups? McCown is among the hottest QBs in the league right now. He has @DEN @NO LAC coming up. 2 tough places to go on the road, and his only home matchup against the arguably best defense right now. Guys like Winston or Bortles have much better matchups and largely at home. Do you still roll with the hot hand McCown or stream for better matchups? 

He's definitely streamable this week with a lot of bad matchups out there for guys in that QB8-14 range, but if you have guys with better matchup available, I'd go with the matchup from this week on (i.e. I have Ben vs NE and @HOU for Wk 15/16 and can't see myself benching him). LAC D is no joke and NO is good at home. I think I'm gonna ride with McCown over Ben this week though. 

19 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Looking at the time of possession stats form last week and NYJ had the ball for 42.49, Denver only had the ball for 25.38 in their game vs Miami, that should bode well for McCown.

That DEN offense is a flaming hot dumpster fire and did nothing against Miami of all the defenses out there. Quick 3 and outs are an opposing offense's best friend when it comes to wearing down a D and is a big part of Denver's struggles on D this year. Not to mention they look like a whole new team since they let Wade Phillips walk

2 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone worry that playing in Denver and the high altitude will make him have an off game?

No...you can add 10:yds to his throws. Robby likes

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

No...you can add 10:yds to his throws. Robby likes

In a league where I get bonus points for 40+ yard plays and even more bonus points for 40+ yard TDs, I love this stack where a 50 yard TD by itself between the two is 26 combined points.

6 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone worry that playing in Denver and the high altitude will make him have an off game?

Yes. Even though Denver is a mess, playing in Denver is still one of the toughest places to place. I'm ranking McCown as a high-floor, low ceiling top-15 QB option this week.

Rolling the dice with this guy this week, hoping he keeps up the momentum. Would love to see a shoot out in Mile High 

Anyone curious as I am as to why all the top experts have this guy ranked so low? I always go with my gut but take "expert" insights into consideration when starting a player. Top ranked experts on FantasyPros all have McCown 16-22 this week and Ben/Jameis 7-12... not a small difference. How serious do you guys take rankings like that?

12 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Anyone curious as I am as to why all the top experts have this guy ranked so low? I always go with my gut but take "expert" insights into consideration when starting a player. Top ranked experts on FantasyPros all have McCown 16-22 this week and Ben/Jameis 7-12... not a small difference. How serious do you guys take rankings like that?

Ive had more success this year by avoiding the expert picks and instead using my gut. They never downgrade the ‘studs’, for example they all still have Mike Evans as a top 10 WR this week even though he has sucked lately. They still have Cam Newton ranked top ten this week even though he has a brutal matchup. 

58 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

I'm deciding between McCown/Jameis and I was surprised to see the gap between the two among the experts. It's obviously matchup based with McCown on the road at Denver and Jameis at home versus Detroit but given how well McCown has played and how vulnerable Denver has been against the pass in recent weeks, you'd think McCown would get a little more respect.

2 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I'm deciding between McCown/Jameis and I was surprised to see the gap between the two among the experts. It's obviously matchup based with McCown on the road at Denver and Jameis at home versus Detroit but given how well McCown has played and how vulnerable Denver has been against the pass in recent weeks, you'd think McCown would get a little more respect.

See that's the thing is they are SO far apart. But I watched that GB vs TB game and Winston looked generally AWFUL. I mean he put up OK stats, but most were in the 4th Q against what might be the worst secondary in the league (saying this as a Packer fan). I genuinely wonder if any of the experts actually watched the same thing I did. Sure he's got a better matchup, but I totally think Jameis could put up a total dud if he doesn't come to play. Lions have their last gasp at the playoffs this week so they may be hungry. But I've seen him as high as #2 (!!!!) and consistently in the 5-10 range. I don't understand the huge disparity and wonder if there's something I'm overlooking

24 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Still hesitant. I mean it's Josh F'n McCown!

I may not play Josh over Alex the Great, but he won’t disappoint anyone who does play him. 

Robby Anderson aggravated his hamstring and is questionable for week 14.

This HAS to put a damper on McCown if he is out or even just hobbled.

Edited by ESquared
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Winston had 164 passing yards and 1 TD at halftime.

He had 106 passing yards and 1 TD in the 2nd half and OT

I think his issue was that OL that just lost 2. He was getting pressured big time and ate some big sacks, including that fumble return for a TD.

Yeah, that first drive he had and the last drive he had he looked good (didn't get a chance to play in OT). GB was getting pressure all day was a real bad sign. GB does not have a very good pass rush by any means. He doesn't make good decisions under pressure and it's worrisome bc we all know he's good for the occasional 4 TO day.