garlando

Nate Pearson - SP TOR

25 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

Dude's season is quickly turning into a lost year. Missed the first month with an oblique issue and now left his first start early after taking a comebacker off his pitching elbow

This aint good, but I' not sure how much the oblique was an issue.  He has an innings limit this year anyway, felt no rush in starting him late.

hopefully he comes back ok. Per google a broken ulna is 3-6 weeks. Wasn't pitching in the majors this year anyway. Maybe he plays in the AFL.  Shame regardless.

Best case scenario here really is beginning of July.  They'll likely hold him back longer, with the fact that he already has had injury issues, as well as a screw still in that arm.  

I think we'll see him come back in mid-July with likely a 3IP limit, something like 50 pitches.

Man, that sound of him being hit almost made me gag.  Ouch.

• Thanks 1

hopefully this won't affect his long term timeline

expecting he's up by next summer with the Jays

I don’t see how his MLB timetable doesn’t get pushed back now to Fall 2019 or later. He’s going to miss at least half of this year. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

hopefully he comes back ok. Per google a broken ulna is 3-6 weeks. Wasn't pitching in the majors this year anyway. Maybe he plays in the AFL.  Shame regardless.

Yeah, like I say in multiple threads, I am not a doctor. Im hearing 12 weeks before he throws. 

• Like 1

Lost year of development. Guess the bright side is that he didn't go down with a ligament issue in his arm but rather a freak accident. Either way, he was likely looking at finishing the year at Double-A(assuming he pitched well in High-A) this season, but now he'll probably be starting out next season in High-A again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigbossman said:

hopefully this won't affect his long term timeline

expecting he's up by next summer with the Jays

That would be quite a rush even without this injury. My guess would be midseason 2020 

• Like 1

are we holding him despite the lost year?

19 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

are we holding him despite the lost year?

I'm in a deep league and traded a decent amount to get him, prettty easy keep for me.

I think if you're holding 200 prospects in your league, probably a keep. Less than 100, I might not be afraid to get someone closer to the majors with upside if the opportunity presented itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

sounds like he will only miss two months so only a half year lost

21 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

sounds like he will only miss two months so only a half year lost

Heard anything promising . I think I heard it’s probably 12 weeks before he can just throw , no idea when he’s coming in games. I’d be thrilled if he could pitch in the fall league at this point.

I read that they say 4-6 weeks then he can resume 'baseball activities'

1 hour ago, bigbossman said:

I read that they say 4-6 weeks then he can resume 'baseball activities'

Nice....I hear he's Jonesing for sun flower seeds and the opportunity to adjust his jock strap...only 4 more weeks Nate....hang in there.

This was the last thing I read on him since july 7th. It doesn't get specific but mentions the severity and how he's coping. But other then that, no major news. It was said to be 6-8 weeks but with it being a prospect in the minors, it could take months or they may just opt to eventually not bring him back this season minus work in instructionals and maybe opt to play him in the AFL (I didnt hear that but it happens to a lot of prospects that dealt with multiple injuries in a season). Here's the link: https://www.milb.com/dunedin/news/family-faith-teammates-helping-pearson-persevere-through-injury/c-284503262

Edited by JakeSarna
  • Thanks 1

What's everyone's opinion on this guy?  I think the upside is still worth the hold in dynasties with MiLB rosters.