garlando

Nate Pearson - SP TOR

5 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Any chance of 2019?

Don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see a couple starts in the bigs towards the end of the year if he continues to perform. 

Scott (Toronto): With Nate Pearson's successful Double-A debut, do you think he could reach the big leagues this season? How far up the mid season rankings could he end up?

Ben Badler: We have Sixto Sanchez at No. 17 on our Top 100… I think you could make a compelling case for Pearson to be in that same tier. If the Blue Jays were a contender this year, I think he would be up this summer, but I think they play it more conservatively with him.

• Like 2

Nooooooo! Not another Blue Jay's top prospect call up situation. I can't handle it again this season! 

🤣

• Haha 1

Same pattern as he's done all year:  5IP one start, 2 IP the next one.

Last night:  2IP, 3K, 0H, 0BB

For the year:

28 IP

46 K

12 H

3 BB

0.64 ERA

Is that good?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrMartyBarrett said:

Same pattern as he's done all year:  5IP one start, 2 IP the next one.

Last night:  2IP, 3K, 0H, 0BB

For the year:

28 IP

46 K

12 H

3 BB

0.64 ERA

Is that good?

Yes

he's not a little boy anymore, he turns 23 in august, what else does he need to prove at the minor league level?

news flash, the Jays SUCK and I can't name one of their starters.

time to put on his big-boy shoes and start facing major league hitters, what is there to lose?

his ego gets bruised if he gets knocked around and takes a loss?

that happened to Bieber a few weeks ago, he got over it

smh

Posted (edited)

Prove?  He’s gotta prove he can stay healthy, and that he can handle a full season workload.  Even now he’s only getting max of 5ip alternating with 2....

Hes thrown a career TOTAL of 70 minor league innings.  Total

....and there’s the ever present worry of the screw in his arm.  Don’t get me wrong, I’be been on this train since the beginning, but I’d rather they are cautious with him this year. As you’ve said, Jays pitching stinks.  It will still stink next year, and if he keeps this up I’d wager you see him mid summer next year- but he needs to continue to throw where he’s at

Edited by MrMartyBarrett
  • Like 1

10-4 didn't know about the screw in his arm, yeah i guess they gotta be cautious, here's to next year!

50 minutes ago, MrMartyBarrett said:

Prove?  He’s gotta prove he can stay healthy, and that he can handle a full season workload.  Even now he’s only getting max of 5ip alternating with 2....

In fairness a lot of teams are doing this with their minor league guys. Houston is pretty much doing this regularly with guys like corbin ivey and Whitley. It's becoming the new norm.

True, but I think Pearson has much more to prove health wise than any of those guys....and does need to throw some minor league innings 

54 minutes ago, MrMartyBarrett said:

True, but I think Pearson has much more to prove health wise than any of those guys....and does need to throw some minor league innings 

Compared to who? Whitley is the number one pitching prospect, Martin is already in the majors. He's behind those guys obviously. Out of guys who haven't pitched in the majors he's probably top 10 and they all have things to prove imo, the upside is pretty high here but clearly there's some risk.  His last injury was very flukey, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Upside : Thor 

• Like 2

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/sunday-notes-blue-jays-prospect-nate-pearson-is-rising-fast-as-is-his-heater/

"only a matter of time before he goes north to Toronto"---probably likely still next year, but this kid is impressing!

Looks like they are babying him letting him throw 4-5 innings one start, 2 the next, and repeating. just noticed that on his milb.com page; probably has been brought up before

On 5/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, smeeze said:

All 7 hits were singles so it wasn't like he was getting lit up. I guess we wait 10-12 days for his next extended 5 inning start. 

• Like 1

2 IP. 3 K's. O walks and hits. 25 pitches, 17 strikes. Next 5 inning should be in a few days.  

SAT, JUN 22, 8:18 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Pearson was placed on the minor-league injured list with an undisclosed injury Saturday, retroactive to June 20.

Spin: Pearson has pitched well since earning the promotion to Double-A New Hampshire in early May with a 2.70 ERA, 0.90 WHIP and 31:5 K:BB, but he's now sidelined with the undisclosed issue. The 22-year-old will be eligible to be activated June 27, but it's unclear if he'll require a longer absence.