Carries - 10

Targets - 1

PPR Fantasy - 11

Weighted Oppo - ???

Snap% - 37%

Carry% - 41%

Target% - 4.7%

Bell Cow Average - 27.5%

I did this for no other reason than for myself to compare these two and think about if I'd rather roster Mack or Gore as a Flex/Stash and thought I'd at least post the results here if anyone wanted them.

Would be nice if this backfield turned into a Bellcow situation with one of these guys getting all the carries.

Edited by Holben

1 hour ago, Holben said:

Frank Gore

Snaps - 19

Carries - 10

Targets - 1

PPR Fantasy - 6

Weighted Oppo - ???

Snap% - 38%

Carry% - 41%

Target% - 4.7%

Bell Cow Average - 27.9%

Marlon Mack

Snaps - 18

Carries - 10

Targets - 1

PPR Fantasy - 11

Weighted Oppo - ???

Snap% - 37%

Carry% - 41%

Target% - 4.7%

Bell Cow Average - 27.5%

I did this for no other reason than for myself to compare these two and think about if I'd rather roster Mack or Gore as a Flex/Stash and thought I'd at least post the results here if anyone wanted them.

Would be nice if this backfield turned into a Bellcow situation with one of these guys getting all the carries.

Mack is going to get some run this season and is a nice sneaky add, but I think the reason he split snaps with Gore is because they were getting way blown out and they wanted to keep the old man fresh plus see what the rook has to offer.

I feel about Marlon Mack the same way I felt about David Johnson in 2015 where he might show a flash in a few games here, but it won't be until double digit weeks that we really see this kid shine. It is going to be when Luck returns and Gore finally starts to wear down later this season (he's got to at some point, the guy is ******** prehistoric at this point).  DJ's situation was that he was buried in the depth chart and trying to make something of the limited work he got. I'm not saying this guy is a talent level of DJ, just that his situation and potential opportunity remind me of 2015.

Bottom line first to skip wall  of text:

Last week's workhorses were Zeke, McCoy, Fournette, Hunt, Cook, Gurley, Bell, Miller, Hyde, Montgomery, Lynch and Crowell

This week's: McCoy, Hunt, Fournette, Bell, Cook, Ajayi, Gordon, Carson, Hyde, Zeke, CJA, Montgomery, Freeman.

Arizona--CJ2K led with 11 carries for 44 yards and no targets. Looks like he will lead a committee that includes Kerwynn Williams and Ellington. Have to expect Johnson to get the bulk of the rushing work until DJ comes back. RBBC.

Colts--Gore had 14 carries for 46 and a TD to go along with one target. Turbin with 3 for 11 and Mack had 6 for a-3 yards lost. Not sure how that happened since I didn't see the game. Both the backup RBs chipped in another catch too. The good news for Gore owners besides the decent production, is Jacoby Brisset seems to be competent enough to at least keep the Colts in the game, so he should get more use and not be as susceptible to being pulled in a blowout loss. RBBC

Houston--Last week Miller was clearly a workhorse based on volume. He carried 18 times for 61 and caught all three targets for another 26. Not bad production and he topped the 20 touch mark for the first time. But this week he lost some work to Foreman who came in with 12 carries for forty yards. That's rather concerning for Miller owners and puts his workhorse status in jeopardy. Clearly the coaches want to get the rook involved. The good news is Miller is their best rec option out of the backfield so no matter what he should always have a role. But the coaching in Hou doesn't seem to be the best to put it mildly. Miller is clearly the kind of back who would benefit from more targets, and it would probably help the team win. RBBC

Bears--Cohen caught 8 of 9 targets for 55 yards, and carried it 7 times for just 13, but he got more done than Howard who wound up with 9 yards for just 7 yards and one fruitless target. The Bucs D is pretty tough but those are miserable rushing numbers for both backs. Howard may be nicked up. Cohen is racking up targets and catches the first two weeks with 22 total targets but otherwise there isn't much to get excited about here, and it must be pretty painful for the Howard owners who took him early first or second. RBBC.

Bills--McCoy didn't do much on the ground, 12 for 9, but he did pickup 6 rec for 34 yards on 7 targets. Tolbert clocked in with 7 yards on 4 touches. The consolation here is the volume for McCoy; if he keeps getting 18 or so touches a game, he will do just fine for his owners, esp in PPR. His 7 targets led the team. Workhorse.

Carolina--Cam Newton(5 for 27) out rushed McCaffery(8 for 10). I expect that to happen quite a bit unless Jstew(15 for 40) goes down. Mccaff did catch 4 passes for 34 but those aren't startable numbers. Cam really puts a cap on the two running backs numbers on the ground, and since he isn't clicking in the air, that hurts Jstew and McCaff even more since there is no reason for the defenses to back off the LOS.  RBBC.

Browns--Crowell only managed 37 yards on 10 carries and had no receptions. Worse, unlike last week, Duke Johnson was allowed to carry the ball. He got 4 for 21 to go along with 3 catches for another 59. They were facing a tough D in the Ravens and get the Colts next week so maybe he will start justifying his ADP. In two games he has 103 total yards and no scores. RBBC.

Ravens--Javorious Allen led the team with 14 carries for 66 and five catches for another 35 and a score. That's a solid 19 touches with good production. I didn't see the game so don't know if West got hurt or was just pulled(10 touches, 45 yards, 1 TD), but either way he took a step back this game and Allen seems to be on the rise. Also Alex Collins got 7 carries for 42 yards so the backfield is getting even more crowded. Overall the Ravens ran the ball 31 times--not counting Flacco's carry-and last week they ran it 42 times, so if they keep that up there may be enough production to keep everyone happy, but in FF we aren't ever happy. RBBC.

KC--Hunt is a solid workhorse once again and the RB1 in FF after two weeks. He had 13 for 81 for two TDs, and no other RB on the roster got a carry, so that should tell you all you need to know about the state of the backfield in KC right now. Tyreek and Albert Wilson both got a carry, but theyre both WRs and no threat to Hunt. Hunt also racked up 3 catches on 3 targets for another 28 yards. Workhorse.

Eagles--Wow, this went downhill in a hurry. Blount went from 15 touches last week to zero. He did get a target but failed to bring it in. Sproles led the backfield with 12 touches for 78 yards, and Smallwood had four touches for one measly yard. I am assuming Blount's lack of use was game plan dependent, and not a loss of faith in him on the coaching staff's part. He was last seen walking off the field giving FF players the finger. RBBC.

Pats--This is a committee but so far its been a very profitable one for owners of Gill and White. Gillislee has three touchdowns and White has been thriving in PPR leagues and has been decent in standard. Gillislee had 18 for 69 and a TD, to give him three scores for the year and White totaled 96 yards on 10 touches. Dion Lewis clocked in with five touches for 25 yards. They play Houston next week and that should be a Gillislee type game since you would expect the Pats to be up big in the second half and running out the clock. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis in there for a few extra touches  late since there were reports the Pats are shopping him around. Might be a good chance to showcase him for other teams. Burkhead got in for 4 touches for 43 yards and a score. His three catches were one more than Brandin Cooks--who also got two carries--had, and that has to be like rubbing salt in the wound for Cooks owners. They were down to 3 WRs, Gronk was out for the latter part of the game, and Cooks cant beat out Rex Burk for catches? Wth? RBBC.

Saints--This is a frustrating RBBC to be a part of. Ingram and AP both got 8 carries. Kamarra got 1. AP has no involvement in the passing game, so he just looks totally out of place, tbh. Ingram managed to put up 76 yards combined, and Kamarra had 51 through the air, so they seem to be the better fit here. Starting any of them right now is a total crap shoot though, and next week they are on the road to face the tough Panthers D. RBBC.

Titans--Murray is dinged up with a hammy and Henry took advantage this week with 14 carries for 92 yards and a TD. Murray had 10 touches for 28 yards before he went out. If Murray misses any time Henry is a good start, but they are facing Seattle next week so temper expectations at least for this week, but they have Hou Mia and Indy after that so that's a pretty sweet schedule if Henry takes over. Titans ran the ball 36 times--Mariotta had 6 carries--and even Delanie Walker got in on the action with a goal line vulture TD(btw, in my league that puts him at TE5 after two weeks, not too bad), so they definitely corrected their lack of a run game from week one. Hopefully if Murray does miss time Henry will start to get some passing targets, he had none this week. RBBC.

Jax--Playing from behind there was a serious drop off in usage for Fournette, but he still put together 61 combined yards and a TD. The Jags gave him 5 targets which is nice to see since I don't think many people expected him to be used much in the passing game. It was also nice to see the Jags making sure he got his carries even though they were behind most of the game. Ivory did well in a backup role again, nine touches for 48 yards. If Fournette goes down he is the back to own it seems. Last week against Houston was the perfect storm in Fournette's favor. This week reality bit. The Jags aren't going to be able to beat up on teams like they did Hou every week, so that favorable game script cant be counted on. Jax's D though improved isn't going to be able to keep them in every game against superior offensive teams like Tenn. So Fournette's usage and production will vary, but so far his owners have to be happy. Workhorse.

Pitt--He didn't do as much with them as we would normally expect, but Bell had 31 touches against the stingy Viking run D.  Conner had one. So that should tell you all you need to know. This week they face the Bears and Bell should feast. Workhorse.

Vikings--Cook had 12 carries for 64 yards and 2 catches for 0. He also got vultured by CJ Ham at the goalline, so that hurt his day. Murray and McKinnon had three carries each. Not having Bradford definitely hurt their offense on the road against a tough Steeler D. If Bradford doesn't come back it could put a damper on not just Cook's outlook but Diggs and Thielen's as well. TB is coming to town next week and that's another tough D to face without Bradford behind center. Workhorse. For now.

Fins--Ajayi only had 30 touches for 126 yards. What a bum. Drake had one carry and no targets. There was some talk about knee soreness on Ajayi's part before the game but maybe that was just a ruse. Not sure. It would be nice if Ajayi got more involved with the passing game, but as long as Cutler is content to dump it off to Landry a whopping 13 times a game for minimal yardage they don't really need Ajayi in that phase. Workhorse.

SD. I think Gordon is the luckiest RB in the game the last two years. He is the king of doing jack on the ground but still lucking his way into the endzone at least once a game. To me he is a less talented Lamar Miller playing on a much better offense. This game sort of reinforces the point. 9 carries for 13 yards against a run D that I predict will be nowhere near the top of the league by seasons end, mostly due to subpar LB play. But he still got a TD on the ground, and racked up 7 rec for 65 yards. He always finds a way to produce. His usage and nose for the endzone make him a Workhorse.

Raiders--Lynch had 13 touches for 45 yards and a TD. Not bad. Three other backs combined for 207 total yards and two more TDs, and yes I'm counting Cordarelle as a RB since the Raiders seem to be using him that way. Part of this is game flow, and part may be the Raiders wanting to keep Lynch fresh--which makes sense. Either way, Lynch is sharing the backfield with some very talented young dudes, and as the season wears on, I expect the coaching staff to do their best to keep Lynch fresh for an expected playoff run, which means more sharing the ball in that talented backfield.  It would be great to see the Raiders just ride Lynch all four quarters for one game to see what he can do, but that probably isn't going to happen, even in a close game. RBBC.

Jets--I spent a sixth round pick on Powell, and it is definitely frustrating to see Forte refuse to just go away. He had 13 touches for 91 yards, and outplayed Powell this week who had 6 for 13. Forte is on the ww in some leagues I'm sure, so may be a good pickup for bye weeks if nothing else. I'm not giving up on Powell yet. He will pull his usual trick of taking over the moment I drop him.

Sea--This is Carson's backfield now. He had 21 touches for 100 yards, which is pretty amazing considering how awful the O-line is. Rawls got the start but didn't do squat. If Carson is on your ww--he was in one of my five leagues as of this morning--you know what to do. The only caveat here is I can see Carroll trying to work Lacy, Rawls and Prosise back in here and there just to prove how smart he isn't.  Workhorse.

9ers--Hyde had 18 touches for 143 yards total in what figured to be a very tough matchup. Breida had five for 38. This might be a typical performance for Hyde going forward. Good yardage but not many scoring chances. Workhorse.

Dallas--Zeke got shut down with just 22 total yards. That wont happen again this season. Not every team has the defense Denver does. Workhorse.

Denver--Last week CJA was knocking on the workhorse door. This week he kicked it in. 158 yards on 28 touches to go along with 2 TDs against what was supposed to be a strong defense is pretty impressive. JC had 10 touches for 52 and those were the only two RBs to get a carry. CJA is on a roll. Workhorse.

Rams--Last week noted how Gurley was getting elite usage if not elite results. This week he racked up 2 TDs and 136 yards on 19 combined touches. Tavon Austin had 3 yards on 2 carries. This is Gurley's backfield, the offense seems to be getting better, and the coaching staff seems to have a better idea how to use their star player. Workhorse.

Skins--Fat Rob was doing just fine before getting hurt with 12 for 78. Perrine came in and logged an astounding 21 for 67 more, and Chris Thompson had two TDs and 106 yards on just six touches. That gives Thompson 3 TDs for the season on just 13 touches. Great production but not sure how much we can bank on that going forward unless he gets more touches. Last word was Kelley might be back this week. So who knows if Kelley or Perrine gets the start? RBBC.

GB-Ty Montgomery continues to put up great numbers while playing almost every down. He got two touches inside the five and converted both for scores, while totaling 110 yards on 16 touches. Out of the backfield he has hauled in 10 of his 11 targets on the season. Jamaal Williams had 2 carries for 6 yards. With Nelson and Cobb dinged up, Monty should see more targets. The next two weeks against Cincy and Chicago, he should see more favorable run game matchups since GB will most likely be ahead. I would guess if they are up substantially in the second half we will finally get a meaningful look at Williams. It would make sense to give him some more carries in case Monty goes down. He is an every down back, and in this offense, Monty will keep putting up good numbers if he can stay healthy. Workhorse.

Falcons--Freeman totaled 100 yards and 2 TDs on 21 touches. He was gashing the Packers D, especially in the second half, and both TDs were scored in close so he apparently doesn't have to worry about Coleman vulturing his TDs. Coleman also had a TD, on 45 yards on 8 touches. Workhorse.

NYG--Just stay away. Vereen may be the best of the bunch. Darkwa is the best runner imo, but Perkins is still the starter even though he's failed to impress. That O-line was just savaged, they cant protect Eli, and don't seem able to generate much of a ground attack. And when they do give Eli time he makes at least one or two boneheaded decisions a game. BMarsh has butterfingers, and ODB is playing mind games with the front office imo.

Lions--Abdullah had 17 carries for a tough 86 yards. Would like to see him get more work in the passing game--he is capable--but Riddick has that on lockdown. Still, this is an encouraging performance for him. This is a guy with all the talent in the world on a legit offense who should continue to produce going forward.

4 minutes ago, David447 said:

SD. I think Gordon is the luckiest RB in the game the last two years. He is the king of doing jack on the ground but still lucking his way into the endzone at least once a game. To me he is a less talented Lamar Miller playing on a much better offense. This game sort of reinforces the point. 9 carries for 13 yards against a run D that I predict will be nowhere near the top of the league by seasons end, mostly due to subpar LB play. But he still got a TD on the ground, and racked up 7 rec for 65 yards. He always finds a way to produce. His usage and nose for the endzone make him a Workhorse.

:lol:  How do you luck your way into the endzone?  Do you even watch any of these games or try to give your opinion based solely on the box score?

Excellent analysis David. Looks like the NY teams are to be avoided by all but the most desperate of owners.

I may be biased as a Kelly owner, but if he plays this week I think he will return to his primary runner role, with Thompson getting all the passes as usual.

32 minutes ago, kdko said:

:lol:  How do you luck your way into the endzone?  Do you even watch any of these games or try to give your opinion based solely on the box score?

You can glean a lot of useful info from a box score. And I can't watch every game. But there is an element of good fortune in Gordon's situation and play. Go back and look at some of his box scores from last season. Otoh in his rookie season when he didn't find the end zone one time you can make a good case he was a victim of bad luck. 

33 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

where is derrick henry?

Snaps/carries/targets/PPR/% RB snaps/% RB carries/% RB targets

30/14/0/15.2/44%/54%/0%

3 hours ago, kretan182 said:

Excellent analysis David. Looks like the NY teams are to be avoided by all but the most desperate of owners.

I may be biased as a Kelly owner, but if he plays this week I think he will return to his primary runner role, with Thompson getting all the passes as usual.

He seemed to be having a great game prior so its possible. I was surprised at how well the Redskins ran the ball against the Rams D. That's a good sign for whoever the starter is, and thanks.

I agree with the Gordon analysis, the Chargers always seemed to get PIs in the redzone last year which ended up giving gordon all those 1yrd TDs, it's not like he was breaking records with his close to 1000yards, same thing occured last game

Going to give these ROS rankings a try, gap means a tier:

1. Hunt

2. Bell

3. Elliott

4. Freeman

5. Gurley

6. McCoy

7. Ajayi

8. Gordon

9. Fournette

10. Hyde

11. Cook

12. Montgomery

13. Howard

14. C.J. Anderson

15. Lynch

16. Murray

17. Mixon

18. Gillislee

19. Carson

20. McCaffrey

21. Miller

22. C. Thompson

23. Crowell

22 minutes ago, graphite said:

1. Hunt

2. Bell

3. Elliott

4. Freeman

5. Gurley

6. McCoy

7. Ajayi

8. Gordon

9. Fournette

10. Hyde

11. Cook

12. Montgomery

13. Howard

14. C.J. Anderson

15. Lynch

16. Murray

17. Mixon

18. Gillislee

19. Carson

20. McCaffrey

21. Miller

22. C. Thompson

23. Crowell

Cohen needs to be in there, at least in the McCaffrey/Thompson tier. 

3 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

No D. Martin?

1 minute ago, BronXBombers51 said:

He said he was going to give them a try....

not that that it was going to be good.

Edited by hangin n wangin

26 minutes ago, graphite said:

1. Hunt

2. Bell

3. Elliott

4. Freeman

5. Gurley

6. McCoy

7. Ajayi

8. Gordon

9. Fournette

10. Hyde

11. Cook

12. Montgomery

13. Howard

14. C.J. Anderson

15. Lynch

16. Murray

17. Mixon

18. Gillislee

19. Carson

20. McCaffrey

21. Miller

22. C. Thompson

23. Crowell

I would move Mongomery and CJ Anderson up a tier.

Howard and Murray rebounded this week but they still scare me a lot.

Chris Thompson and Crowell are way too high.

Doug Martin should be around No.18.

10 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

No D. Martin?

9 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I would move Mongomery and CJ Anderson up a tier.

Howard and Murray rebounded this week but they still scare me a lot.

Chris Thompson and Crowell are way too high.

Doug Martin should be around No.18.

Completely forgot about Martin, and yeah Cohen should probably be in there somewhere.

It would be a lot better if an experienced person/expert made ROS rankings for evaluating trades and stuff, but can't find accurate ROS rankings anywhere so figured I'd make my own to evaluate trades to at least have a starting point.

Tear em apart. Half point PPR

1. Bell

2. Hunt

3. Elliott

4. Gordon

5. Gurley

6. Freeman

7. Ajayi

8. McCoy

9. Fournette

10. Montgomery

11. Cook

12. Hyde

13. Howard

14. Carson

15. Lynch

16. Martin

17. Demarco

18. Mixon

19. CJA

20. Gillislee

21. Miller

22. Abdullah

23. Cohen

24. Crowell

Edited by TrueToTheBlue

Standard

Tier 1 - Matchup Proof

1. Zeke

2. Leveon Bell

3. Kareem Hunt

Tier 2 - Zero Concerns

4. Devonta Freeman

Tier 3 - Elite w/ Slight Concerns

5. Todd Gurley (upcoming schedule)

6. Melvin Gordon (efficiency + knee issue)

7. LeSean McCoy (ineffective for 2 games)

8. Jay Ajayi (only played 2 game and awful for 1 of them)

Tier 4 - Solid w/ Tier 2 or 3 Potential But Small Track Record

9. Dalvin Cook

10. Carlos Hyde

11. Ty Montgomery

12. Leonard Fournette

13. CJ Anderson

Tier 5 - Solid RB2s w/ Potential for RB1

14. Marshawn Lynch

15. DeMarco Murray

16. Jordan Howard

17. Doug Martin

18. Mike Gilislee

19. Joe Mixon

20. Chris Carson

Tier 6 - RB2/RB3 Borderline

21. Mark Ingram

22. Lamar MIller

23. Christian McCaffery

24. Ameer Abdullah

25. Tevin Coleman

All do a top 15 for the hell of it:

Hunt

Bell

Zeke

Freeman

Gurley

Gordon(might be to high but good offense and 3 down back if healthy)

Mccoy

TY Mont

Fournette

Hyde

Cook

Ajayi

Murray

CJA

Howard

Really feel Mccoy(why I put him in tier 3 by himself) should be in tier 2 but I have huge doubts about Buffalo's offense and have to see him do it against a team other then the Jets.  Really don't see a huge difference in any guys in Tier 4 so put the ones that have already shown signs of injury and have solid backups at the end.