Crazycanto

Robert Covington 2017-2018 season outlook

I've benched Cov once this season and that was due to necessity of having a full lineup. 

Thankfully I own AD/Dedmon to counteract nights like yesterday 

someone's offering me harrison barnes and kanter for lord cov in a dynasty league.

I dont love the deal but I really need the extra help with playoffs coming up (already lost butler and steph to injury). I could also use the consistency. 

He has been putting a solid playoff campaign together in fantasy.  He can't hit the broadside of a barn today, but is on pace for a double double in rebounds and steals.

• Like 2

So, I was down 9 steals and had a full roster and benched Covington, which essentially put the nail in my coffin. The joys of fantasy basketball.

I didn't have the pleasure of owning him this season, but dude almost literally stole the championship from me lol

I'm sure he won a bunch of championships yesterday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

m m m mmmmmmmmmmmm my LORD

33min 

7/21fg

2/2ft -

1(3pt)

11(r) 

3(a)

7(s) 

0(b) :(  

1(to)

17(p)

giphy.gif

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Championship week.

Last TWO games:

6 3s

7 stls 

5 blks 

....Not worthy

Edited by Faber

Just want to give this guy a shout... just unreal stocks numbers to end the season.

2.0 BPG, 3.8 SPG, 2.4 3PM in the past six games. Def helped me win a championship even though my league ended after all that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CFN said:

Just want to give this guy a shout... just unreal stocks numbers to end the season.

2.0 BPG, 3.8 SPG, 2.4 3PM in the past six games. Def helped me win a championship even though my league ended after all that.

Yeah, his shooting can be horrendous at times, but he provides so much value in other categories that makes him a worthwhile addition to just about any team. I feel like he'll continue to be underrated going into next season as well. 

At one point earlier in the week or maybe last week, I looked on the yahoo fantasy basketball player of the week thing...

He was ranked #1.  Yikes.  

All praise the Lord.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RealityBasketball said:

At one point earlier in the week or maybe last week, I looked on the yahoo fantasy basketball player of the week thing...

He was ranked #1.  Yikes.  

All praise the Lord.  

Yeah I think he finished around Top 5 in ESPN's player rater to end the year as well, which is crazy considering his stats don't immediately pop off the page. 

It's crazy to think he provided 13 threes, 16 steals, and 14 blocks (!!!) during my championship week (April 2 - 11, ESPN). The last game before this week started, he even had a 7 steals game. To think many people wrote him off in the middle of the season. Truly a GOAT, definitely the finals MVP of fantasy basketball. All hail the Lord.

Edited by ThisIsSparta
  • Like 3

I drafted him and was so glad people rejected my trades. I tried trading him away cus he had the longest slump, but then he hit me back when I needed it most. Never ever doubting the lord ever again!

• Like 1

Has anyone actually watched Lord Covington play, lol?

For as good as he is in fantasy, he is painful to watch in real life.

Can't shoot -- career 36% 3 pt shooter and was only 37% this year. Basically just stands in the corner when the Sixers have the ball.

And "only" five boards and two dimes a game. The 1.7 steals and 0.9 blocks are nice but its a slog to actually get there in a real game.

Blasphemous to speak out against the Lord, I know, but I felt compelled to put my two cents in.

Yeah, he stands in the corner the whole game.

Low usage, low turnover?  Wack FG percentage.  

I appreciate that he usually guards the main option or the point guard.  I respect that.

He is the Lord though.  He'll bless you with a 7 steal game... or tank your FG % and go 1/12 from 3.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Can't shoot -- career 36% 3 pt shooter and was only 37% this year. Basically just stands in the corner when the Sixers have the ball.

And "only" five boards and two dimes a game. The 1.7 steals and 0.9 blocks are nice but its a slog to actually get there in a real game.

Blasphemous to speak out against the Lord, I know, but I felt compelled to put my two cents in.

Pretty sure you or someone else already made this post. Covington is one of the best defenders in the NBA and he hits like 3 3s per game. Don't really care whether his game is aesthetically pleasing or not. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lord WILL punish you

you know that right ?

listen gee... I SURE don't wanna be in your skin what that happens... looooooooooooooool

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1