Sign in to follow this  
squidthunder

David Johnson owners - what can you get in a possible trade?

Hey guys 

I'm in a 10 team keeper league, and we have a 2 year max on keepers. This is my last year with DJ, so it was horrible timing. 

I put the offer out there for possible deals, and just wondering on what you'd hope to get back in return. 

One offer came in so far.... DJ for Hopkins

I'm going to try to offer Terrance West for him. West had a big workload yesterday so I hope he bites. It might be dumb but I don't know lol

I just got Devante Parker, Ameer Abdullah and Bilal Powell for him.   I lost AR15 as well so it seemed like a no brainer.  Problem is, the guy that gets DJ has Jordy and Julio, if DJ comes back soon, he wins.

2 hours ago, kretzschmar said:

I just got Devante Parker, Ameer Abdullah and Bilal Powell for him.   I lost AR15 as well so it seemed like a no brainer.  Problem is, the guy that gets DJ has Jordy and Julio, if DJ comes back soon, he wins.

Wow that is a ton. 

A guy offered CJ Prosice for him to me. 

1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Somebody's offering me CJA for him. I may bite his hand off depending on how this game goes. 

he might cancel the offer before you click yes LOL

25 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Pass on that Hopkins offer, you can get way more for DJ. 

Why do you say this? There's a decent good chance we have seen the last of dj this year and a certainty we won't see him for 3 months. 

This is a very nice get for him in this situation 

In my keeper league where DJ will only cost 25 of 200 budget, the DJ owner traded him for bell (who will cost 65 next year). It's causing quite the stir.

8 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Why do you say this? There's a decent good chance we have seen the last of dj this year and a certainty we won't see him for 3 months. 

This is a very nice get for him in this situation 

That's where my head is at right now - Hopkins may be the best thing I can get, if he's gone for 8-10 weeks

2 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

I got martivus bryant for him.

Thanks

I guess I need to wait and hear the news this afternoon, but I'm thinking Hopkins might be a solid pickup if DJ is out for 8-10 weeks

15 hours ago, kretzschmar said:

That is a very sweet deal. Well played, sir.

I'm actually buying shares of David Johnson.  For example I just traded cohen/jbrown for him. We have an IR slot so I'll stash DJ there with hopes of a return. If cardinals can stay afloat, there is the potential of of David Johnson coming back in 8 weeks.  People were drafting Elliot in the second round with the possibility of him being out 6 weeks.   If DJ doesn't return then oh well....you can't win fantasy football without betting on luck and taking risks 

Yea, I'm on the fence right now. Take DeAndre Hopkins in a deal, or just sit on DJ with a job he returns and balls out.

When the news was still murky, and stuff was being reported him not missing anytime or potentially could go on IR, I gambled and got Devonta Freeman. Worked out this time. Caused a complete uproar in the league, almost got vetoed, would have been the first veto ever in 12 years./

Edited by dakimbell

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Jump on Hopkins for him. DJ will be useless if you aren't in contention for playoffs anyway

I know - that's why I'm stuck. Is Hopkins still a elite talent with Savage and Watson under center?

Just now, squidthunder said:

I know - that's why I'm stuck. Is Hopkins still a elite talent with Savage and Watson under center?

Not with savage but Watson seems to key in on him

another side note, is that going to IR, frees up a roster spot. With my intent on dropping Jamaal Charles as well, there's a good chance I can add someone like Cohen, or Buck Allen (or both) to hold down the fort

or - I could pull the trigger on Hopkins and maybe still get Cohen

Seems like a slam dunk to me. DJ out 2-3 months [8-12 weeks]? Not sure what he'll look like when he comes back? 

Hopkins is more than I think anyone would EVER offer for that situation.