Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe the Elf, Week 2 Edition

I'm gonna be hanging around here with nothing better to do for the next couple of hours, so if you want to bring the legendary fantasy football wisdom of Axe Elf to bear on YOUR team's Week 2 success--all you have to do is axe the Elf!

Go.

What's your feelings on Cohen and Carson. Was able to land both of waivers. Not sure if Cohen is worth a start over Crowell or Jaquizz yet (Gordon RB1 .5PPR)

Just now, TommyJoe said:

how about this one then?

I would not.  The Seattle backfield is a fantasy wasteland, and the Arizona duties are sure to be spread among three or four RBs until DJ gets back.  As underwhelming as Rob Kelley and Paul Perkins are, at least they are "feature backs" for the time being, and you can afford to let them mature on your bench behind Montgomery and Ajayi for the time being.

1 minute ago, cjh1991 said:

Grace me with your suggestion

Fournette would be a decent upgrade for Cohen--I'd be kind of surprised if you can pull that off, axually.  I sure don't think you could shoot much higher than a low-end RB1 for Cohen and Dez.

2 minutes ago, Blasto95 said:

What's your feelings on Cohen and Carson. Was able to land both of waivers. Not sure if Cohen is worth a start over Crowell or Jaquizz yet (Gordon RB1 .5PPR)

Cohen should be a decent Sproles-like start in PPR leagues--with your half-PPR I'd stay with Crowell.  I don't particularly like any of the Seattle RBs at this time.

Just now, rams647 said:

Looking to make some waiver moves. Would love the help

I'd drop Quiz if you have other legitimate RB options for the next few weeks--because Quiz is only going to be good for the next three weeks, at best.  If you're in a position where your next-best RB is Danny Woodhead, though, then you could drop Ebron and hope another RB option presents itself before Martin gets back.

In the second one, drop Nelson.

I received Gillislee and Davante Adams for Cooper as well..is this something to consider?

Hey Axe -

PPR dynasty league question.

Lost DJ (and ARob) in my dynasty league.  Other RBs on my roster are D Murray, Powell, Perkins, Kamara, and a couple handcuff stiffs including now Chris Johnson.  Certainly could use a plug for this season.

A rebuilding owner reached out to me about Kamara.  I'm reluctant to trade him, particularly since the owner's best two RB for this season are Gore & Riddick.

Do I offer up Kamara and another lower tier younger player (WRs Richardson or Thompson) for those two RB?  Should I target one over the other or just stand pat?

Thanks.

Just now, larfboy said:

I received Gillislee and Davante Adams for Cooper as well..is this something to consider?

I think Gillislee is already, and will continue to be a headache for his owners.  You din't dare start him in Week 1, and now you don't dared bench him for the next two or three weeks--even if one of the other RBs in the rotating NE backfield has the big game instead.  Adams is far inferior to Cooper, so unless you really need the RB help in a standard or otherwise TD-heavy league, I'd pass on that as well.

No "assistant coach" questions but I'm wondering what you're doing in managed leagues to deal with the loss of Allen Robinson.  (You and I are unfortunately kindred spirits when it comes to Robinson - I lost him in 4 of my 7 redraft leagues.)

Just now, beans said:

Hey Axe -

PPR dynasty league question.

Lost DJ (and ARob) in my dynasty league.  Other RBs on my roster are D Murray, Powell, Perkins, Kamara, and a couple handcuff stiffs including now Chris Johnson.  Certainly could use a plug for this season.

A rebuilding owner reached out to me about Kamara.  I'm reluctant to trade him, particularly since the owner's best two RB for this season are Gore & Riddick.

Do I offer up Kamara and another lower tier younger player (WRs Richardson or Thompson) for those two RB?  Should I target one over the other or just stand pat?

Thanks.

I mostly specialize in redraft, so I'm not sure what you think about Kamara down the road.  I expect he will never be more than a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles kind of pass-catching RB, so I would probly be happy to upgrade him and an low-grade WR for Gore and Riddick.  On the other hand, you don't really NEED the RB help (such as it is), but you may need the WR more after losing Robinson (Richardson is getting good work in Seattle).

So especially if you like Kamara long term, I'd probly pass--but it's not a BAD deal.

Looking to make a couple roster moves, or hold tight...

Gore or Rawls?

Maclin or Kupp?

Week 2 PPR flex: which one of the 4 noted above?

3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

No "assistant coach" questions but I'm wondering what you're doing in managed leagues to deal with the loss of Allen Robinson.  (You and I are unfortunately kindred spirits when it comes to Robinson - I lost him in 4 of my 7 redraft leagues.)

Well of course there's no fix for the Draft Masters leagues, but in many of my managed leagues I had either already drafted Corey Davis or was able to pick up him this week on waivers.  He looks like the real deal so far--10 targets for 6 catches and 69 yards in his first game as a rookie, after missing most of camp with a hammy.

So that was my best solution; in a couple other leagues I got Corey Coleman, and in a couple others I had to settle for Hurns or Agholor.

2 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I mostly specialize in redraft, so I'm not sure what you think about Kamara down the road.  I expect he will never be more than a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles kind of pass-catching RB, so I would probly be happy to upgrade him and an low-grade WR for Gore and Riddick.  On the other hand, you don't really NEED the RB help (such as it is), but you may need the WR more after losing Robinson (Richardson is getting good work in Seattle).

So especially if you like Kamara long term, I'd probly pass--but it's not a BAD deal.

Thanks.  My team has been fortunate.  After losing Robinson, I still have Beckham, Hopkins, Adams, Bryant, Garcon, and those two.  Probably just stand pat, as I'd like to see what happens with the NO RB situation.  Not sure that the 2 guys ahead of him are going to be too effective going forward.

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Looking to make a couple roster moves, or hold tight...

Gore or Rawls?

Maclin or Kupp?

Week 2 PPR flex: which one of the 4 noted above?

Gore if you need him now; Rawls if you can afford to stash him and hope he emerges as the "lead" back when his ankle is healthy.

Kupp had the better debut, but I kinda think Maclin will be better on the season.

That said, Kupp has the best matchup this week, but if you're making the move, then flex Maclin.

Thanks for the help

Full PPR - Offered R Cobb for my D Henry...  (offer came from Murray owner)

In a vaccum, do u make this deal to get Cobb?  Henry is just a lotto ticket, I don't own Murray.  

4 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Well of course there's no fix for the Draft Masters leagues, but in many of my managed leagues I had either already drafted Corey Davis or was able to pick up him this week on waivers.  He looks like the real deal so far--10 targets for 6 catches and 69 yards in his first game as a rookie, after missing most of camp with a hammy.

So that was my best solution; in a couple other leagues I got Corey Coleman, and in a couple others I had to settle for Hurns or Agholor.

I had Davis in quite a few of my leagues with Robinson as well so he's my likely stand-in too.  Let's hope it works out.

Axe I need to tap into your uncanny fantasy football wisdom.

Brees in Superdome v. a rageful Belichick?  Or Phillip at home v. a Miami team already bad on D to begin with and likely in disarray because of Hurricane Irma?

2 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Gore if you need him now; Rawls if you can afford to stash him and hope he emerges as the "lead" back when his ankle is healthy.

Kupp had the better debut, but I kinda think Maclin will be better on the season.

That said, Kupp has the best matchup this week, but if you're making the move, then flex Maclin.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Rs79 said:

Thanks for the help

Full PPR - Offered R Cobb for my D Henry...  (offer came from Murray owner)

In a vaccum, do u make this deal to get Cobb?  Henry is just a lotto ticket, I don't own Murray.  

Eh, if you really need him I guess it's fair enough.  I would hate to be in a position where I needed Cobb that badly, though.  I'd prefer to wait and see if Murray makes it through the year.  He kind of ran out of gas at the end last year.