Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe the Elf, Week 2 Edition

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Axe I need to tap into your uncanny fantasy football wisdom.

Brees in Superdome v. a rageful Belichick?  Or Phillip at home v. a Miami team already bad on D to begin with and likely in disarray because of Hurricane Irma?

You din't draft Brees to sit on the bench, did you?--especially not at home against a defense that made Alex Smith look like Brett Favre last week.

Axe--

You are correct, of course.  I will start Brees.  But deep in my heart I am a bit scared of the Patriots ability to gameplan to slow the Saints.  Could they really drop to 0-2 with another loss?  I will not believe the wasp has lost his sting until I see it for more than one game.  

Just now, Rod6874 said:

Thanks in advance 

Kinda tough to start Powell after a 12-touch, 39 yard start--now facing a D that shut down Murray and the Titans' rushing game last week.  Gonna hafta go with Coleman and play the NERBBC lottery with White at RB.  Garcon is the clear choice at WR.

Ertz in KC v. the Berryless Chiefs or Fleener in the Superdome v. The World Champs?

Hey Axe,

Just wanted to say I really enjoy reading your responses on many threads and your insight. If you don't mind, I'd like to tap into your wisdom and take on a question as well. 

Team is in my sig. 12 team PPR 0.5 league.  Feel like my team is in the middle of  the pack kind of team. WR is definitely thin.

My question is about my QB. I drafted Rivers, but opted to pick up and play Bradford last week due to matchups and it paid out. I feel like after a season of being under center for Minny, do you see him taking a step forward and being another tier up QB? I'm trying to see if I should hang on to him or just drop him for more WR/RB depth. I know it might be too early to tell but just seeing if you had a view about him. Is it a wait and see? Or he'll have his good and bad games? Or not worth holding 2 QB's and he's more FA/WW fodder. I definitely do like Rivers this year, but sometimes he can get INT crazy as you know. So I'm trying to mitigate that by streaming another QB if there is something better out there and matchup wise. Kizer and Cutler are out there too. Thanks in advance for any responses. 

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Ertz in KC v. the Berryless Chiefs or Fleener in the Superdome v. The World Champs?

Ertz is a top 5 TE.  Don't ever sit him unless he's hurt.  If the Patriots did one thing well, it was shut down the KC TE.

1 minute ago, Jimbalaya said:

Hey Axe,

Just wanted to say I really enjoy reading your responses on many threads and your insight. If you don't mind, I'd like to tap into your wisdom and take on a question as well. 

Team is in my sig. 12 team PPR 0.5 league.  Feel like my team is in the middle of  the pack kind of team. WR is definitely thin.

My question is about my QB. I drafted Rivers, but opted to pick up and play Bradford last week due to matchups and it paid out. I feel like after a season of being under center for Minny, do you see him taking a step forward and being another tier up QB? I'm trying to see if I should hang on to him or just drop him for more WR/RB depth. Is it a wait and see? Or he'll have his good and bad games? Or not worth holding 2 QB's. I definitely do like Rivers this year, but sometimes he can get INT crazy as you know. Maybe subbing someone else in when the matchup gets unfavorable and tough like last week. Kizer and Cutler are out there too. Thanks in advance for any responses. 

I've been pushing Bradford all summer as a cheap, legitimate QB1.  He has the most favorable schedule in the NFL for QBs, he has another year under his belt with this offense, instead of parachuting into the offense a week before the season starts like last year--and he still set an NFL record for completion percentage last season (71.6%).  His offensive line is improved, the running game is improved, and even Laquon Treadwell is showing signs of life.

So yeah, if you want to add more depth, I would recommend dropping Rivers instead of Bradford, but if you want to keep them both you'll have some flexibility to play matchups.  I typically don't carry two QBs unless the league is 14 teams or larger.

2 minutes ago, ozark said:

I can't see your whole team there, but it doesn't look like you need to start Cohen.  And yeah, it looks like Hill is going to be a good starter--as long as he stays healthy.  I'm not sold on that staying healthy part for the whole season, but I also don't think Cohen will be more than PPR flex/depth, and I couldn't get rid of Hopkins fast enough.

So I'd do it.

Ok thanks for the insight. I'll hold 2 for now as I typically don't run with 2 as well in 12 teamers. But just see how it plays out for now. 

Just received an offer to give up Dalvin Cook and get Dez Bryant and Lamar Miller in return.

Initially, I wanted to jump at this, as I think it could be a great trade for me. My only hesitation is that it leaves me with 4 potential starting WR's (AB, Diggs, Keenan Allen, Dez) and leaves me a little light at RB with only Fournette and Miller.

Heres my roster for reference:

Team 1 12 team .5 PPR (1-0)

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette
WR Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen
FLEX Stefon Diggs
TE Travis Kelce

Bench De'Vante Parker, Derrick Henry, Jamaal Charles, Eric Decker, Jordan Matthews, Chris Carson

Just now, Proto24 said:

Just received an offer to give up Dalvin Cook and get Dez Bryant and Lamar Miller in return.

Initially, I wanted to jump at this, as I think it could be a great trade for me. My only hesitation is that it leaves me with 4 potential starting WR's (AB, Diggs, Keenan Allen, Dez) and leaves me a little light at RB with only Fournette and Miller.

Heres my roster for reference:

Team 1 12 team .5 PPR (1-0)

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette
WR Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen
FLEX Stefon Diggs
TE Travis Kelce

Bench De'Vante Parker, Derrick Henry, Jamaal Charles, Eric Decker, Jordan Matthews, Chris Carson

Yeah, Dez isn't the prize that his name value suggests (less than 800 yards receiving last year, in 13 games), and Lamar Miller is far inferior to Cook at RB.  I'd keep the rookie backfield intact.

Just now, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, Dez isn't the prize that his name value suggests (less than 800 yards receiving last year, in 13 games), and Lamar Miller is far inferior to Cook at RB.  I'd keep the rookie backfield intact.

Appreciate the quick response and insight. Thanks!

I am about to trade this... any one think I shouldnt trade this? Any inputs?

12 men standard scoring league - 
I trade my
K. Hunt
J. Howard
B. Powell
A. Cooper

I receive:
E. Elliot
AJ Green
Joe Mixon
Russel Willson

My Current Team:
QB- Carson Palmer
RB-  K. Hunt, Lamar Miller, J. Howard, B. Powell, Char. West
WRs - A. Cooper, Doug Baldwin, Kelvin Benjamin, Devate Adams

Which RB2 to start in standard, TD heavy format?

Ingram

Rawls

Kerwynn

I have Luck sitting in my IR spot. My wire options in the meantime Eli, palmer, Dalton, Bradford, and Smith. I've been offered wentz and kupp for luck and martavis. Worth it? How about just luck for  wentz?

Full PPR format and we start 2 RB, 3 WR and 2 Flex. McCoy and Freeman are a lock for my RB spots and Jordy for my WR1 spot. 

Who should I use to fill out the rest of my spots?

Dez, Thielen, Hogan, Gillislee, Quiz would be my top options. 

I also have Golloday, Rishard Matthews, Kendall Wright and Mixon.

Just now, YellowRams said:
I am about to trade this... any one think I shouldnt trade this? Any inputs?

12 men standard scoring league - 
I trade my
K. Hunt
J. Howard
B. Powell
A. Cooper

I receive:
E. Elliot
AJ Green
Joe Mixon
Russel Willson

My Current Team:
QB- Carson Palmer
RB-  K. Hunt, Lamar Miller, J. Howard, B. Powell, Char. West
WRs - A. Cooper, Doug Baldwin, Kelvin Benjamin, Devate Adams

Anyone?  What's this "anyone" stuff?  You're in MY house now.

Cooper and Green are about a push.

Howard and Elliott are about a push.

Powell for Wilson is about a push.

Giving Hunt for Mixon?  Bad idea.

I say no.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Which RB2 to start in standard, TD heavy format?

Ingram

Rawls

Kerwynn

Ingram.

2 minutes ago, BaBaBooey said:

I have Luck sitting in my IR spot. My wire options in the meantime Eli, palmer, Dalton, Bradford, and Smith. I've been offered wentz and kupp for luck and martavis. Worth it? How about just luck for  wentz?

Why would you try to escape a chance to rid yourself of the Martavis Bryant albatross?

I might do that, just so you don't have to worry about Luck any more either.

Bradford is a good waiver wire option, though, if you don't want to do the deal.

really? Howard and Elliot is a push? I am really worried about Cohen and also Howard's sophmore slump. Elliots ceiling is so much higher.. dont you think??

3 minutes ago, AJN15 said:

Full PPR format and we start 2 RB, 3 WR and 2 Flex. McCoy and Freeman are a lock for my RB spots and Jordy for my WR1 spot. 

Who should I use to fill out the rest of my spots?

Dez, Thielen, Hogan, Gillislee, Quiz would be my top options. 

I also have Golloday, Rishard Matthews, Kendall Wright and Mixon.

I would probly go with Dez, Thielen, Wright and Hogan (should have better looks against the Saints' D than he did against the Chiefs' D).

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

I would probly go with Dez, Thielen, Wright and Hogan (should have better looks against the Saints' D than he did against the Chiefs' D).

You like Wright more then Gillislee or Quiz? Everything else was exactly what my lineup looks like so it's good to get agreement form someone else.

Sucks that I lost Ware and Edelman :wacko:

2 minutes ago, YellowRams said:

really? Howard and Elliot is a push? I am really worried about Cohen and also Howard's sophmore slump. Elliots ceiling is so much higher.. dont you think??

I think it's more that Howard's floor is lower than Zeke's, but in the end, they should have pretty similar seasons.  I don't believe Cohen can ever shoulder the burden of being a true lead RB; he's more of a Sproles-type change-of-pace back.  Besides, John Fox is notorious for taking it slow with rookies.  Jordan Howard really could have had 2 TDs on Sunday if he hadn't dropped a goalline pass, but 66 yards and a TD is still solid work--even given what Cohen did on Sunday (which I believe will be one of his better games on the year).