Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe the Elf, Week 2 Edition

Just now, AJN15 said:

You like Wright more then Gillislee or Quiz?

For PPR?  Absolutely.

Of course if Gillislee gets 3 TDs again, that will be another matter--but I'm betting against it.  Probly more like 24 yards and 1 TD.

Wright is pretty much the #1 WR for the Bears right now; I'd start him on target volume alone.

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

For PPR?  Absolutely.

Of course if Gillislee gets 3 TDs again, that will be another matter--but I'm betting against it.  Probly more like 24 yards and 1 TD.

Wright is pretty much the #1 WR for the Bears right now; I'd start him on target volume alone.

Ah thats fair. 

I guess while I have a chance I'll ask you another question.

We also start 2 QB's and I screwed the pooch and waited to long to draft a second QB so I'm stuck with Rivers and Smith for right now. Additionally, I'm starting Doyle and my TE spot. I like him a lot, but quite a bit less without Luck for who knows how long. Do you think I should try to improve at QB or TE and what do you think I should give up? 

I was also offered Alshon for Dez straight up. I almost like Alshon more at this point plus he would be a 12th round keeper and Dez was a first round pick this year. Should I take that offer?

Just now, inspiritu said:

Trade Ty Montgomery to get Michael Thomas?

In a vacuum, yes.

Trade my AJG and Abdullah for Hyde and Cooks

Ppr..   thanks!!

1 minute ago, AJN15 said:

Ah thats fair. 

I guess while I have a chance I'll ask you another question.

We also start 2 QB's and I screwed the pooch and waited to long to draft a second QB so I'm stuck with Rivers and Smith for right now. Additionally, I'm starting Doyle and my TE spot. I like him a lot, but quite a bit less without Luck for who knows how long. Do you think I should try to improve at QB or TE and what do you think I should give up? 

I was also offered Alshon for Dez straight up. I almost like Alshon more at this point plus he would be a 12th round keeper and Dez was a first round pick this year. Should I take that offer?

You're stuck with the #1 fantasy QB after Week 1?  I feel so bad for you.  I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to improve on that.

I still like Doyle.  He started out with 2 catches for 41 yards in the opening drive, and then they seemed to forget about him for the rest of the game.  Let's hope the coaching staff notices that he was about the only thing that went RIGHT for the Colts last week.

In any case, it's impossible to say where or how you can improve without knowing all the details of who is available on waivers and who is available through trades--you're just going to have to do that homework yourself.  Bring specific questions, if you like ("Should I pick up Player A and drop Player B?"), but just asking if you should try to improve is a meaningless question.  Of course you should always be trying to improve your team.

I would take Alshon over Dez, yes.

3 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

Trade my AJG and Abdullah for Hyde and Cooks

Ppr..   thanks!!

Yes.

Sorry folks; I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut this off after only 90 minutes, as the Supermodel wants to go out for an early dinner tonight.

If you want to leave questions, I'll try to get to them later tonight--but I won't be responding immediately any longer.

I get Ben give Powell and Cutler. Would then pick up Forte

12 team h2h non ppr. Rosters  have to be constructed this way

Qb Cutler

RB McCoy 

RB Hyde 

Wr Hopkins

WR M Bryant 

TE Gronk

Flex Maclin

Minn D

Lions kicker

BN 

Luck

Powell

AP

K Williams 

Kupp

Amendola

Hooper

buffalo

1 hour ago, Axe Elf said:

Eh, if you really need him I guess it's fair enough.  I would hate to be in a position where I needed Cobb that badly, though.  I'd prefer to wait and see if Murray makes it through the year.  He kind of ran out of gas at the end last year.

Let's look at this from a pure value perspective. Barring an injury to Murray, Henry offers no value in the form of bye week filler or trade piece. Cobb likely offers value as a bye week filler as well as a trade piece should you experience an injury somewhere else.

Would you drop Dalton for Wentz, Bradford, Palmer, A Smith or T Taylor? Who is the best option for week 2 and ROS?

2 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I'd keep Cooper.

I agree with you here Axe.  That being said, you were high on Devante Parker last year.  Are you high again on him this year or has your interest waned?

3 hours ago, bob3285 said:

I get Ben give Powell and Cutler. Would then pick up Forte

12 team h2h non ppr. Rosters  have to be constructed this way

Qb Cutler

RB McCoy 

RB Hyde 

Wr Hopkins

WR M Bryant 

TE Gronk

Flex Maclin

Minn D

Lions kicker

BN 

Luck

Powell

AP

K Williams 

Kupp

Amendola

Hooper

buffalo

•  

You're giving up a lot to get a QB2 and a RB6.  I'd pass.

3 hours ago, Morning_Wood said:

Let's look at this from a pure value perspective. Barring an injury to Murray, Henry offers no value in the form of bye week filler or trade piece. Cobb likely offers value as a bye week filler as well as a trade piece should you experience an injury somewhere else.

I guess if you think Cobb is going to continue to get 13 targets a week, you could be right.  I don't think he will, but if you do, then I could see why you would prefer him.

Henry got 6 carries to Murray's 12 (and he was more efficient with them, averaging 4.2 ypc to Murray's 3.7), so it's not like he's not a factor in the offense.  It's just that the Raiders pretty much shut down the Titans' running game last Sunday.  I think Henry will continue to take over more and more of the backfield duties, while Cobb settles in as the 3rd-4th target for Rodgers.

3 hours ago, ffnoob said:

week2 KC def vs phi  or  LAR def vs Was

Really?  Defense questions?

If it was me, I'd probly go with the Chiefs, who pretty much shut down Brady and the World Champion Patriots after the first quarter in the opener--and the Rams aren't facing Scott Tolzien and Jacoby Brissett this week.

3 hours ago, slimswol said:

Would you drop Dalton for Wentz, Bradford, Palmer, A Smith or T Taylor? Who is the best option for week 2 and ROS?

Kinda answered this above--and all summer--when I said that Bradford has a lot of things going for him this year, including a full offseason with the offense, an improved O-line and running game, and the easiest schedule for QBs in the entire NFL.  I would definitely grab him for the ROS.

His game this week isn't too bad, but if you're willing to give Palmer another chance, his matchup with the Colts looks the juiciest of the choices given.  Jared Goff looked like Peyton Manning versus Indy, and Palmer is without David Johnson, so the ball will have to go in the air a little more than usual.

3 hours ago, ccimore said:

I agree with you here Axe.  That being said, you were high on Devante Parker last year.  Are you high again on him this year or has your interest waned?

Parker has top-15 talent, but he's starting to look like he has a Dorial Green-Beckham mentality.  He really knuckleheaded away his opportunity last season, and then Gase seemed to be more fascinated with Kenny Stills than any human should be.  I don't want to completely sour-grapes him, because getting Cutler at QB is, as everyone seems to realize, a big step in the right direction--but I did pretty much avoid him in this year's leagues.  However, I think that had more to do with being high on T.Y. Hilton (for the value I was getting on a top 5 WR), Pierre Garcon (and to a lesser extent, Marquise Goodwin, for the Shanahan effect), Kelvin Benjamin (for his TD potential) and to a lesser extent, Robby Anderson (as a late-round sleeper)--and all of them shared the Week 11 bye with Parker (at least until Irma rescheduled his to Week 1).

So color me an interested onlooker; I still believe in Parker's physical ability, but I'm waiting to see if he can get his head on straight enough for Gase and Cutler to feature him in the passing game the way his talent would suggest.

By the way, for everyone who argued staunchly against me this preseason about waiting to draft a QB--even in 2QB leagues--I offer the following preseason ADPs from Fantasy Football Calculator, and QB standings after Week 1 from Fantasy Pros.

Top_12_QB_Rankings.jpg

Top_12_QBs.jpg

Only Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr and Matt Ryan are among the top 12 in both lists--and none of the preseason top 12 were among Week 1's top 5.  Guys like Sam Bradford, Alex Smith, Trevor Siemian and DeShone Kizer weren't even among the preseason top 20.

QB IS THE NEW D!

2 minutes ago, rumblefish9 said:

Good day/night axe.

My question is. If you were rb heavy and in need of a wr is crabtree for montgomery fair value?

Cheers

Well, Montgomery IS a top 10 RB at the moment, so you might be able to do even better with the right trade partner.  I'm not sure that Crabtree stays in the top 15 this year, with additional red zone options like Jared Cook and Marshawn Lynch on board, but I would think he would stay around the top 20ish.  So if it's an emergency, I suppose it's more than fair, but if you have time to shop Monty around a little, I might not take Crabtree as the final answer.

Should I offer the Demarco Murray owner my Fournette and Derrick Henry for his Kareem Hunt?

.5 PPR, which gives Hunt a little bit of a bump. I know Fournette and Hunt are close but I feel like Hunt has a better team surrounding him which would lead to more consistency.

Hey Axe love hearing about all your knowledge, I have Hopkins in a full ppr keeper league. He was the best available at the draft so I took him but was never really pleased with him. After that decent week 1 I wanted to shop him around. I got an offer of Davante Adams and Ameer for him and I wanted to get your opinion of that trade or should I hold tight for a few more weeks. Thanks in advance