Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe Elf

Axe the Elf, Week 2 Edition

5 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Should I offer the Demarco Murray owner my Fournette and Derrick Henry for his Kareem Hunt?

.5 PPR, which gives Hunt a little bit of a bump. I know Fournette and Hunt are close but I feel like Hunt has a better team surrounding him which would lead to more consistency.

Eh, I wouldn't get too carried away with Hunt's Week 1 performance.  If you really want him, then Fournette straight up is probly a fair deal; throwing in Henry seems a bit much.

27 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

By the way, for everyone who argued staunchly against me this preseason about waiting to draft a QB--even in 2QB leagues--I offer the following preseason ADPs from Fantasy Football Calculator, and QB standings after Week 1 from Fantasy Pros.

Top_12_QB_Rankings.jpg

Top_12_QBs.jpg

Only Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr and Matt Ryan are among the top 12 in both lists--and none of the preseason top 12 were among Week 1's top 5.  Guys like Sam Bradford, Alex Smith, Trevor Siemian and DeShone Kizer weren't even among the preseason top 20.

QB IS THE NEW D!

And you expect that to hold up all season?

5 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

Hey Axe love hearing about all your knowledge, I have Hopkins in a full ppr keeper league. He was the best available at the draft so I took him but was never really pleased with him. After that decent week 1 I wanted to shop him around. I got an offer of Davante Adams and Ameer for him and I wanted to get your opinion of that trade or should I hold tight for a few more weeks. Thanks in advance

Any time you can make a profit on the #37 WR you do it.  That said, Adams and Abdullah doesn't seem like much in return.  I'd prefer a 1-for-1 swap for a WR who may have underwhelmed in Week 1, like Hilton, Baldwin, Allen or Benjamin.

Two questions: 

1) Who to start at Flex?

2) Trade Marshall for Carr?

12 man PPR

QB: Phillip Rivers

WR: Doug Baldwin/Michael Thomas

RB: LeSean McCoy/Kareem Hunt

Flex: ?

TE: Kyle Rudolph

K: Stephen Gostkowski

D/ST: Giants

Bench:

Chris Hogan/Martavis Bryant/Cooper Kupp/Brandon Marshall

Joe Mixon/Tarik Cohen/Alvin Kamara/Chris Carson

5 minutes ago, Mest30 said:

Pick 2, Gillisee, Jacquizz Rodgers or Coleman and Why? Thanks in advance 

Since the first two are RBs, I'm going to assume Tevin and not Corey for the Coleman here.

Gillislee is completely TD dependent, so I probly wouldn't count on him getting 3 TDs every week and bench him in favor of the other two--even more so if it's a PPR league.

5 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

Standard this week. Powell, crowder or carson

Eeewwww.  Of those three, I'd probly say Crowder, but I wouldn't like it.

Can I go with none of the above and pick somebody off of waivers to flex?

6 minutes ago, David447 said:

And you expect that to hold up all season?

I expect a whole bunch of QBs ranked around #20 to be virtually indistinguishable on the season from a whole bunch of QBs ranked in the top 10.  That's why there's no need to reach for them early.  Any of the QBs #6-#17 in the final standings are about equal to any other, on a points-per-week basis, and Week 1 made that very clear.

9 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Two questions: 

1) Who to start at Flex?

2) Trade Marshall for Carr?

12 man PPR

QB: Phillip Rivers

WR: Doug Baldwin/Michael Thomas

RB: LeSean McCoy/Kareem Hunt

Flex: ?

TE: Kyle Rudolph

K: Stephen Gostkowski

D/ST: Giants

Bench:

Chris Hogan/Martavis Bryant/Cooper Kupp/Brandon Marshall

Joe Mixon/Tarik Cohen/Alvin Kamara/Chris Carson

Kinda like Hogan this week with Amendola in the concussion protocol, and a pissed-off Tom Brady facing the Saints' defense that made Sam Bradford the #2 QB in Week 1.

Oh, and no, don't trade anything of value for a QB.

7 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Standard.  Need a flex.

Mixon

C. Coleman

C. Davis

Rawls

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Stewart had a good outing against the 'Niners, and he shared with Christian McCaffrey, so I don't see why Rawls couldn't have a good day even sharing some touches in the backfield.  Lacy didn't do much with his shot against his old team last week, so Rawls should be the #1 option this week.  Davis and Coleman are both decent options, but not the best matchups this week, and with standard scoring, you'd prefer to flex a RB if you can.  I'd go with Rawls.

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't do links.  If you want to axe a question and expect me to go to the effort to type out an answer, you can make the effort to type out the question.

My apologies kind sir:

I'm trying to figure out what to do with this team besides the RBs and QB2 positions. I won my first week handily without OBJ, but still feel that the team is much weaker than I think. Take a look and let me know. Thinking of targeting Wentz and Freeman/Hunt/Montgomery owner to get a slight upgrade for the QB2 and RB spots

2 QB, PPR, 1 keeper league
QB: Carr
QB: Goff / whoever I can get
RB: Crowell
RB: Rodgers / Martin when he gets back
WR: Julio
WR: OBJ
TE: Kelce
Flex: Dez
D/ST: Seahawks
K: Tucker
Bench: Cohen, Mixon, Garcon, Abdullah, Martin, Henry, Kupp, Luck (IR)

Pick my week 2 flex in standard:

D. Parker

D. Cohen

S. Watkins

C. Coleman 

J. (Buck) Allen

A. Kamara 

Just now, cjh1991 said:

My apologies kind sir:

I'm trying to figure out what to do with this team besides the RBs and QB2 positions. I won my first week handily without OBJ, but still feel that the team is much weaker than I think. Take a look and let me know. Thinking of targeting Wentz and Freeman/Hunt/Montgomery owner to get a slight upgrade for the QB2 and RB spots

2 QB, PPR, 1 keeper league
QB: Carr
QB: Goff / whoever I can get
RB: Crowell
RB: Rodgers / Martin when he gets back
WR: Julio
WR: OBJ
TE: Kelce
Flex: Dez
D/ST: Seahawks
K: Tucker
Bench: Cohen, Mixon, Garcon, Abdullah, Martin, Henry, Kupp, Luck (IR)

I still don't see a question there.

Just now, Axe Elf said:

I still don't see a question there.

Should I go for that trade I mentioned and if so who should I offer in return?

7 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I expect a whole bunch of QBs ranked around #20 to be virtually indistinguishable on the season from a whole bunch of QBs ranked in the top 10.  That's why there's no need to reach for them early.  Any of the QBs #6-#17 in the final standings are about equal to any other, on a points-per-week basis, and Week 1 made that very clear.

I don't think anyone should reach for QB either, but people who grabbed Rodgers, Brees or Brady in round 4 or so will have plenty of weeks where they absolutely trounce the Kizer's and Semians of the NFL.

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Pick my week 2 flex in standard:

D. Parker

D. Cohen

S. Watkins

C. Coleman 

J. (Buck) Allen

A. Kamara 

I'm not sure who D. Cohen is, but assuming he's not among the top 50 RBs or WRs, I'd have to advise sitting him.

Again, you usually want to flex a RB in standard leagues, but Allen and Kamara don't offer much upside in that scoring system either--so I'd probly go with Parker and hope that Cutler can take advantage of the defense that made Trevor Siemian a top 5 QB in Week 1.

2 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I'm not sure who D. Cohen is, but assuming he's not among the top 50 RBs or WRs, I'd have to advise sitting him.

Again, you usually want to flex a RB in standard leagues, but Allen and Kamara don't offer much upside in that scoring system either--so I'd probly go with Parker and hope that Cutler can take advantage of the defense that made Trevor Siemian a top 5 QB in Week 1.

Doh. Typo obviously. T. Cohen of course. 

I was leaning Parker ax-tually. 

3 minutes ago, cjh1991 said:

Should I go for that trade I mentioned and if so who should I offer in return?

You phrased it as a question this time, but it's still just too open-ended.  I have no idea how the other owner feels about the players you want--if they are his favorite players, you probly won't get them no matter what you offer.  Maybe they aren't that important to him, and you could get them for a song.  Maybe there are other players who would do better on other teams that would be more willing to trade.  Maybe the guys you want wouldn't even be an upgrade over the guys you have--and Crowell and Martin is a pretty solid RB tandem already.  It's just impossible to tell you what your best option is when the options are numerous and unspecified.

1 minute ago, evobeatsti said:

Thank you sir

I can't see your signature here, so I can't really do much with this little blurb--and I don't do links.  From what I can see so far, no, I wouldn't drop Hogan for a kicker.