• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
IronFlag

Taurean Prince 2017-2018 Season Outlook

So far in the sleepers thread were getting claims of 1/1/1 and "Kahwi lite" 

BBM has him in the same SF "tier" as Ingles, Barnes, Warren, Ingram, Fourier and Hollis Jefferson. Also calling him a top 100 lock. 

What should we expect this year?

I am concerned about his percentages if he gets a bigger role. Hopefully, his has a lackluster preseason so the Rotoworld hype dies down a bit before he turns into last year's RHJ.

Kawhi lite?lol

seems James Johnson lite is more suitable(also 1/1/1 club)

Edited by kane
  • Like 4

Much more upside on offense, hes nothing like JJ. At all. Measurements (aside from few inches wingspan) are almost identical. 

• Like 1

11-5-1 and pushing the 1-1-1. I think he will put up a little more than a stl and trey per game and should be around half a block per game.

Minutes could be a little erratic and will likely have some better stretches overall. Things could change if he is needed to take a bigger role in the offence, but he really isn't that kind of player. I think their bunch of 'ok' players cut into minutes and atlanta will be going with whoever is playing the best game to game.

I like him as a player and think his game has room to grow. 

8 hours ago, corey_rideout said:

11-5-1 and pushing the 1-1-1. I think he will put up a little more than a stl and trey per game and should be around half a block per game.

Minutes could be a little erratic and will likely have some better stretches overall. Things could change if he is needed to take a bigger role in the offence, but he really isn't that kind of player. I think their bunch of 'ok' players cut into minutes and atlanta will be going with whoever is playing the best game to game.

I like him as a player and think his game has room to grow. 

Way too conservative on his scoring output I think 14 ppg is his absolute floor and moreover his minutes will NOT be erratic as Atlanta will be starving for any semblance of offensive production following the exodus of Howard, Millsap, and THJ.  His offensive game is much more diverse than people realize, he is not a classic 3 and D wing. 

7 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Way too conservative on his scoring output I think 14 ppg is his absolute floor and moreover his minutes will NOT be erratic as Atlanta will be starving for any semblance of offensive production following the exodus of Howard, Millsap, and THJ.  His offensive game is much more diverse than people realize, he is not a classic 3 and D wing. 

I hope you are right. I have stocks in him in my 2 big 20 team leagues.

Ilyasova, Belinelli, Bembry, Bazemore, Babbitt, Delaney - I'm not suggesting any of these guys are great options, but they will all be factors.

I hope they are ready to start Prince and run with him for big minutes. I just don't think it's going to be as simple as locking him in for consistent minutes and consistent production. 

But as I said, I hope you're right and I'm not. 

1/1/1/ projection would put him close to peak Batum, Millsap tier. He'd be without question in the running for breakout player of the season if he does.

1 hour ago, TheOneAboveAll said:

1/1/1/ projection would put him close to peak Batum, Millsap tier. He'd be without question in the running for breakout player of the season if he does.

I can see him easily getting the 1-1-1 if he gets the minutes. Hard to see why not with Atlanta being a development team now and he will probably be a defensive mainstay of their rotations.

I think he will just avg 14 pts this year but get a bump in rebs if he plays mins at the 4 too. At least 4 rebs a game as a floor

2 hours ago, hoopking said:

hmm i don't know. i've got a big feeling this thread would be the v2.0 of "2016-2017's RHJ thread"

Why? Totally different players. Prince can shoot and has a defined position. Those were the reasons RHJ didnt develop as some expected.

• Like 1

Would you draft Prince over Jaylen Brown?

Not seeing any love for Brown yet and usually goes undrafted.

Should Brown be drafted in a 12 teamer?

Prince starts on a rebuilding team with a bunch of nobodies. 

Brown plays on on a team deadset on winning the championship and would easily be the worst player in the starting lineup. 

The choice between the two is quite easy. 

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

So confused by the rhj references. 

At one point last off-season RHJ was projected as a 4th round player but finished as the #161 player on the year. There was a lot of early hype in his thread, not so much later on. 

Taurean Prince shot 40% FG last season and 34.7% FG in Summer League this year (#199 player), and now he's surrounded by worse talent than last year. Anyone referencing RHJ here is doing so because they don't want to get burned like that again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Its a lazy one since their skillsets are nothing alike.

Yep.  The only thing they have in common is they are tall black guys.

7 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Prince starts on a rebuilding team with a bunch of nobodies. 

Brown plays on on a team deadset on winning the championship and would easily be the worst player in the starting lineup. 

The choice between the two is quite easy. 

I'm not so sure Brown is the "worst" player in the Boston lineup.  He is young but should not be dismissed as a "worst" player.  He was a top 3 pick last year, is a top-level talent and by all accounts had a highly successful rookie season albeit in a limited role.  That said, I agree that Prince will have more opportunity for production this year. 

7 hours ago, Kaboom said:

At one point last off-season RHJ was projected as a 4th round player but finished as the #161 player on the year. There was a lot of early hype in his thread, not so much later on. 

Taurean Prince shot 40% FG last season and 34.7% FG in Summer League this year (#199 player), and now he's surrounded by worse talent than last year. Anyone referencing RHJ here is doing so because they don't want to get burned like that again. 

LOL @ anyone judging a player by SL stats and rankings.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

I'm not so sure Brown is the "worst" player in the Boston lineup.  He is young but should not be dismissed as a "worst" player.  He was a top 3 pick last year, is a top-level talent and by all accounts had a highly successful rookie season albeit in a limited role.  That said, I agree that Prince will have more opportunity for production this year. 

I said worst in the starting line up. Don't think there is much disputing that. At least at his current level. 

20 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Demarre Caroll Lite.

Have you watched Prince play? He is a far better player than Carroll will ever be. 

The 3s, steals, and blocks may be similar, but Prince is way more talented in generating his own offense.