Sign in to follow this  
alexk29

Dalvin Cook for Amari Cooper? WHIR!

I kind of need a WR1 although I don't think the need is that urgent, currently Cook sits on my bench with Zeke, MG, and Hunt starting.

Looking for some opinions on this trade, and of course WHIR

I think I'd trade Hunt for a better WR.  Overall I don't think this is a terrible move, I just think you can get more for Hunt.  

It's a fair trade.  With the Zeke situation not completely over you might want to wait to see where that goes in the next few weeks.  But if you are confident in him playing all year than I would pull the trigger.

3 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

I think I'd trade Hunt for a better WR.  Overall I don't think this is a terrible move, I just think you can get more for Hunt.  

Not about Hunt man, it's Dalvin Cook. Not trading Hunt haha

Your RB's are stacked.  I think its a fair trade, I'm also a huge Cooper fan so maybe I'm a bit biased.  I'd go for it.

5 minutes ago, alexk29 said:

Not about Hunt man, it's Dalvin Cook. Not trading Hunt haha

I hear you I have him in 2 leagues I think he's a stud, but he'll get you more than Cook will.  If you're dead set on keeping Hunt I think Cooper is a good draw for Cook.

I'm doing that trade. Cooper is relatively consistent in returning top 15 WR seasons, while you are already stacked at RB. You would also be selling high on Cook after one game against a bad defense. That's not to take away from Cook. I think he could be good, but you don't need him and you said you needed a WR, so go for it.

I don't hate it, but like the other gentleman said,  the Zeke situation might not be over quite yet.  In a vacuum though, Cook for Cooper is fair as they would both be 2nd rd values at this point.  

Like everyone said, you have a good crop of RB's. Why not make the trade? Go for it if you like. but I wouldnt also disagree if you didnt accept the trade. Anything with Zeke can happen

Agree with poster above - if you think Zeke plays all year then I'd take this deal

9 hours ago, alexk29 said:

I kind of need a WR1 although I don't think the need is that urgent, currently Cook sits on my bench with Zeke, MG, and Hunt starting.

Looking for some opinions on this trade, and of course WHIR

I'd try to target someone a bit better than Cooper, see him as a high end wr2 instead of wr1 maybe look for michael thomas, aj green, someone in that range. Also I'd be open to sending Hunt instead of Cook, I think they are both studs this year. Thanks!

I would do it. You could also just dangle hunt out there and see if you could get an Evans or one of the higher end WRs

12 minutes ago, evobeatsti said:

I'd try to target someone a bit better than Cooper, see him as a high end wr2 instead of wr1 maybe look for michael thomas, aj green, someone in that range. Also I'd be open to sending Hunt instead of Cook, I think they are both studs this year. Thanks!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - I don't see Cooper as true #1 WR even though he will probably put up WR1 numbers against the Jets this week.

In a 10 team league you need absolute studs to win so I'd be looking at guys in the tier above him.

The Vikings are using Cook like a 3 down back - there aren't too many guys in the league who can claim that anymore and hes a rookie. That fact alone makes him very very valuable - do not just unload your depth just because - that could really break you if one of your other workhorses went down.

To be honest I think that Stefon Diggs is right up there with Amari on any given week and I'm really high on Davante Parker who we haven't even seen this season yet.

Edited by wolverine_irl

Is this a PPR/Standard league? How many players can you play? What's the rest of your roster look like?

Making a determination with just the facts you've given....I would be comfortable making that trade...but...with Zeke's situation still not clear it is risky. I believe he will be suspended this year. Which means it would be towards the end of season, so no Zeke in fantasy playoffs.

I am really high on Stephon Diggs this year, even Adam Theilen...but not for Cook. Maybe something else to trade?

You may be able to get AJG right now too buy low situation.

What about trading Gordon for the next tier up WR? OBJ another buy low now option. Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, Michael Thomas. It's hard without knowing your squad and ppr or standard as each players value differs greatly between standard and ppr obviously.

Having Zeke, Hunt and Cook is insane and to pair them with a AJG/OBJ/Jordy/Evans/Thomas ect...would be a major powerhouse.

Help with mine?

Edited by King Cane

I'd make the deal.  You're stacked at RB.  Thanks for the input on mine!

I don't like A Cooper because he doesn't get red zone targets and when he does, he sucks (see last week.) I'd try shooting for a RB needy team with a WR1 who could score TDs. Dez might be a good buy low but then again, I don't know what his rod schedule looks like. 

Help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/667326-standard-scoring-a-jeffery-or-m-gillislee-whir/