rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 2/15/2018 at 6:57 PM, HotSauce24 said:

Must be fun playing in an amateur league. 

roster became possible after 5 buy-low/sell-high trades in an auction drafted league. 12 teams - 9 cat money league

 

You know what? You're right, though. Winning IS fun, especially in a money league. Money is money :) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

And if he's taken around the 7th-10th pick, who's his ideal pairings?

The best player you can get, because that's how the 2nd round of a fantasy basketball draft works?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id probably go with the best big available. bigs are already rare, and next year we won't have dmc or kp to choose from. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, miasma16 said:

The best player you can get, because that's how the 2nd round of a fantasy basketball draft works?

I used to think that way years ago until I realized focusing on build is much more important than just taking the next best player available.  Build and keeping one eye on position depth is always a good idea. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

I used to think that way years ago until I realized focusing on build is much more important than just taking the next best player available.  Build and keeping one eye on position depth is always a good idea. 

It's really not. Pigeonholing yourself 10% of the way through your draft is just a bad idea. I saw people talking last year, saying things like, "If you draft Westbrook, take so and so because you're punting FG% and TOs". Doing things like that will lose you a draft before it even starts. You should be able to get out of the first 4-5 rounds with the flexibility to draft anybody on the board if you so desire. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

It's really not. Pigeonholing yourself 10% of the way through your draft is just a bad idea. I saw people talking last year, saying things like, "If you draft Westbrook, take so and so because you're punting FG% and TOs". Doing things like that will lose you a draft before it even starts. You should be able to get out of the first 4-5 rounds with the flexibility to draft anybody on the board if you so desire. 

Well, like I said,  I used to think that way too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, miasma16 said:

It's really not. Pigeonholing yourself 10% of the way through your draft is just a bad idea. I saw people talking last year, saying things like, "If you draft Westbrook, take so and so because you're punting FG% and TOs". Doing things like that will lose you a draft before it even starts. You should be able to get out of the first 4-5 rounds with the flexibility to draft anybody on the board if you so desire. 

 

There's definitely a balance to it to find value, production, and stats that complimentary build a team.  I think ignoring all of the factors and by default just picking BPA leads to an unbalanced team and will be inadvertently deficient in some categories.  Like if you already have 2 guards, and your 3rd pick BPA is another guard, well I would think twice about it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

 

There's definitely a balance to it to find value, production, and stats that complimentary build a team.  I think ignoring all of the factors and by default just picking BPA leads to an unbalanced team and will be inadvertently deficient in some categories.  Like if you already have 2 guards, and your 3rd pick BPA is another guard, well I would think twice about it.

Again, you are the one talking about ideal pairings in the 2nd round. You are going BPA in the second round or you aren't using your pick efficiently. You're attempting to change the above argument by talking about the 3rd round, which is a completely different situation, because of exactly what you just outlined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Again, you are the one talking about ideal pairings in the 2nd round. You are going BPA in the second round or you aren't using your pick efficiently. You're attempting to change the above argument by talking about the 3rd round, which is a completely different situation, because of exactly what you just outlined.

 

lol so are you taking bpa every round or just first two rounds?

 

What i'm saying is its fluid and not always cut and dry.  Say you're sitting in round 2, and jimmy butler may be the bpa at your pick, but blocks are a scarce category, so you pick Whiteside instead.  Where's the harm in that?  And of course BPA is always subjective, god forbid you may be wrong, and that can also be taken into account.  

 

But now we're getting into punting / semi punting / positional and categorical value type of discussion, probably better saved for a different thread.  Back to Jokic.  He's a beast.  Wish i had him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

 

lol so are you taking bpa every round or just first two rounds?

 

What i'm saying is its fluid and not always cut and dry.  Say you're sitting in round 2, and jimmy butler may be the bpa at your pick, but blocks are a scarce category, so you pick Whiteside instead.  Where's the harm in that?  And of course BPA is always subjective, god forbid you may be wrong, and that can also be taken into account.  

 

But now we're getting into punting / semi punting / positional and categorical value type of discussion, probably better saved for a different thread.  Back to Jokic.  He's a beast.  Wish i had him.  

1st 2 rounds every time. Hopefully every round after that, but it depends how the draft falls and I usually can't do it more than 3 rounds. 

 

No, I'm the one saying it's fluid. You're the one suggesting that you'd need to pair Jokic with a specific type of player. 

 

If you believe Whiteside is more valuable than Butler, he's BPA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafts are lost in the first rounds (bad picks) but not won with good ones

Theyre won with good picks in the middle, but not lost

 

final rounds are for your hopes and dreams

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone selling high? i have a package centered around kd and jokic. similar playoff schedules, but personally, i just dont trust malone with millsap and plumlee coming back. plus, its mothafuxkin KD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I am wrong because I am just watching box score, but did Malone just start Plumlee in the 2nd half and put Jokic back at PF??? This despite Nuggets were leading at the half?

 

Is barton hurt? Or is Malone just being an idiot again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if anyone watched the game, refs were screwing jokic and nuggets over HARD in the 4th. 

Edited by pdids911

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.