rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Not joking, as crazy as that sounds. Waiting for the waivers to clear, but I had priority so I just got a top 30 ADP caliber player for free. 

 

I was floored when I woke up this morning, browsed the waiver wire and saw him sitting there. 

 

Examples from garbage leagues arent helpful to the rest of us. Also hes a top 10 ADP caliber player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Not joking, as crazy as that sounds. Waiting for the waivers to clear, but I had priority so I just got a top 30 ADP caliber player for free. 

 

I was floored when I woke up this morning, browsed the waiver wire and saw him sitting there. 

 

This is a joke post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agmaniacmike said:

I understand wanting to get rid of him, but why not approach other teams for a trade?

 

I traded Ibaka/Fultz for Gary Harris/Elfrid Payton with him just the other day.

 

I love the Gary Harris/Jokic pairing, those 2 are always in sync with each other.

 

 

 

 

How the hell did that trade went through? 

 

I'm trying to get him as well. Let's see what happens, but the owner is asking for 1-3rd round players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone offering me Lowry/Noel or Oladipo/Love for Jokic. should i take it? 9 cat roto

Edited by laoja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Someone dropped him in my league after last game.

 

1) Why do you not have a cant cut list? Moves like this ruin the league...

2) Speaking of ruining your league, who cares...its a joke anyways with moves like this. Is is a public league or a league full of monkeys?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Michael Scotto of Basketball Insiders reports the Denver Nuggets have held discussions with the Suns and are building a package centered on Emmanuel Mudiay."

 

If this happens I will officially be worried about Jokic this year.. he suddenly becomes arguably the 4th scoring option with Bledso, Milsap, Harris... no bueno for usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every trade offer posted in this thread has been garbage, some dude talking about waiting a few more games then offering Aaron Gordon for him? Just lmao.

 

Anyone who sells low on their 1st/early 2nd rd pick before Christmas at the earliest is playing in a joke league.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MNDOGG said:

"Michael Scotto of Basketball Insiders reports the Denver Nuggets have held discussions with the Suns and are building a package centered on Emmanuel Mudiay."

 

If this happens I will officially be worried about Jokic this year.. he suddenly becomes arguably the 4th scoring option with Bledso, Milsap, Harris... no bueno for usage.

 

Both Millsap and Harris never have, and never will be, high usage guys...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Every trade offer posted in this thread has been garbage, some dude talking about waiting a few more games then offering Aaron Gordon for him? Just lmao.

 

Anyone who sells low on their 1st/early 2nd rd pick before Christmas at the earliest is playing in a joke league.

I agree but then turn around and look at the guys talking about the sky falling.  Statistically speaking, there's gonna be owners out there that agree with them.  Might as well try and fleece them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JStyles said:

 

Both Millsap and Harris never have, and never will be, high usage guys...

Well Bledsoe is.. bottomline is that adding him into the mix there is not a positive developement for Jokic ...  hopefully it doesn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Agmaniacmike said:

I understand wanting to get rid of him, but why not approach other teams for a trade?

 

I don't and never will understand the overreaction with top picks...you don't win and lose a league in one week. Jokic should be plugged into your lineup and just auto-pilot that slot in your roster. If you reverse out of a top 2 pick literally 2 games into the season you either built your team the wrong way or you are too emotional to get through an entire season without self destructing. 

 

2 games. 2 F*CKING games and people are losing their sh*t. Why don't you all focus on what has happened that doesn't have the volatility of FG%...minutes! He played 30 and 36 minutes the first two games of the year. You know how many times he hit 36 minutes last year? 11 times in 73 games played. How many times he hit 30 minutes? 32 times in 73 games played. While some of you are losing your minds over a scoreless game or a down game (against GOBERT) you are missing the boat on the most important thing....Jokic is playing more minutes which means he has more time to do his thing. 

 

Sell if you want to. Thieve if you want to. Any competitive league or any league with knowledgeable owners would not be tripping over Jokic or moving him right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eh.. i agree that the sample size is waaaay too small to make a move right now, and i personally would never trade him or drop him

 

but otoh.. i can understand that some are pissed. has there ever been a case in fantasy basketball where a guy drafted in 1st/2nd round had more to's then points? even after just 2 games (especially playing 30+ minutes)? :lol:

Edited by G.O.B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

eh.. i agree that the sample size is waaaay too small to make a move right now, and i personally would never trade him or drop him

 

but otoh.. i can understand that some are pissed. has there ever been a case in fantasy basketball where a guy drafted in 1st/2nd round had more to's then points? even after just 2 games (especially playing 30+ minutes)? :lol:

Good point...I always see those asterisks next to top 20 players and wondered what they meant. Now I will know they are just letting me know that season included a game where they had more TO's than points. 

 

37 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Tonight he'll play well but then Bledsoe traded to the Nuggets and it's all over

Stop. Bledsoe isn't a transcendent talent that a team radically shifts their offense to accommodate him. He is a very good player that is far more capable of scoring (compared to Mudiay and Murray) when/if Jokic sets him up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

dammit, he's on waviers. can't wait to pick him up once he clears

ill fist you, stop talking about your garbage a** league you play with mentally challenged f***s

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.