Pirate

Joel Embiid 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I have draft at Saturday. My picks #8, #17, #32. Because 17 is too early, I think he will be taken between my 2nd and 3rd pick. If he is available at #32, then it seems to be quite normal to pick him, but still risky.

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I don't know how some of you all do it. Auction has to be the most infuriating setting ever. 

I like auctions, so much more strategy and when it all comes together it's a beautiful thing, tonight it definitely didn't for me. Wanted Giannis, Lebron, Jordan, Drummond and Howard and fill in the blanks for a punt FT and 3's team, Drummond was the 2nd guy nominated and I stepped out at 19, he later got Jordan for 3 less at 16 but I wasn't a fan of his corps he went with Steph ,Whiteside, Jordan, Drummond and Howard overkill on the FG%,Rebs and blocks and he's basically punting assists and even with Steph he's probably middle of the pack in 3's and pts. I ended up with a team elite in stocks, near the top in FG % but middle of the pack in everything else, I need one but hopefully all of GHarris, JRichardson and Hollis Jefferson to play well or find some waiver gems or it may be a long year, and of course need the 18% of my budget man Embiid to hopefully stay healthy. Despite me not liking my team it was enjoyable and more strategic then a snake draft. There was that punt FT team above, another team punted FG and blocks, another punted assists and another team has 9 2nd-4th rounders with Kemba as its best player as the only teams with a true identity the rest of us must have had their plans fail and 1 guy grabbed 3 players and then had no money.

4 minutes ago, apatas said:

I have draft at Saturday. My picks #8, #17, #32. Because 17 is too early, I think he will be taken between my 2nd and 3rd pick. If he is available at #32, then it seems to be quite normal to pick him, but still risky.

Just stick to your Provisional Rankings and you'll do fine, apatas.

Kidding brother, good luck in your draft. :lol: 

1 hour ago, apatas said:

In my opinion picking Embiid is not a matter of ranking.

If you want him, if you believe in him, grab him at #17

If you play H2H and you think there is a chance he will rest during PO, do not draft him at #32 or after, do not draft him at all.

2 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

In my opinion picking Embiid is not a matter of ranking.

If you want him, if you believe in him, grab him at #17

If you play H2H and you think there is a chance he will rest during PO, do not draft him at #32 or after, do not draft him at all.

I understand your point of view, but #17 is really too early, if at that time probably are available some of these players: Turner, Dray Green, Irving, Lillard Whiteside, maybe Cousins.

14 minutes ago, apatas said:

I understand your point of view, but #17 is really too early, if at that time probably are available some of these players: Turner, Dray Green, Irving, Lillard Whiteside, maybe Cousins.

He is better than Turner, better than Whiteside, even better than DMC. If you want a center, he is the best player you can get there. The question is : do you believe in him or not. And i undesterstand if you answer no.

11 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

I don't know how some of you all do it. Auction has to be the most infuriating setting ever. 

You should try it. Ending up with a full roster of players you really want on your team is very satisfying. Too much of your team gets dictated by your position when you are in a snake draft.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

He is better than Turner, better than Whiteside, even better than DMC. If you want a center, he is the best player you can get there. The question is : do you believe in him or not. And i undesterstand if you answer no.

Yeah, and LBJ is better than everyone...except not in fantasy though!

Even if Embiid gets through the season he is going to kill your TOs, FG% and FT% aren't super (ok though), he is going to get a tonne of DNPs and mins will be limited. Good luck to you if you're drafting him at #17, that is absolutely his ceiling this season. His floor...

latest?cb=20111207010319

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Rolled the dice and took him with the 3rd pick in the 3rd round in my 12-teamer.

Going for the 'fun' approach this season, and Embiid is hella fun to own.

14 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Have you tried them? It's so much better than a snake. Much more strategy and freedom as you aren't locked into drafting from a certain slot. Snakes are boring, and you are handcuffed on who to take by your draft slot. Been doing auctions since 2009 and would choose them over a snake every single time. It's simply the superior way to do a daft and it's not even close.

• Like 2

sold Barnes & Howard for this freak so hopefully he pans out

Edited by ZChronicNebula

not fantasy related, but seems got some arguments with Whiteside in twitter *grabs popcorn* 

On 10/12/2017 at 3:21 AM, GrandGourou said:

I’m guessing you took Embiid.

hes not better than DMC, in real life or fantasy.

hes not better than Turner, in fantasy and we can debate in real life until we see Turners jump this year.

and I don’t even think he’s better than Whiteside in fantasy just yet. He has yet to shown a full season of games yet alone 50 games. And if we talking real life only thing Embiid has going for him vs Whitesid is his age. Whiteside is a top 5-7 center in the league. Can we say that about Embiid yet? 

I think we all agree he’s an amazing talent with tons of skills at his size. But the hype has gonna chill. 

Edited by jiiiggz
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

hes not better than Turner, in fantasy and we can debate in real life until we see Turners jump this year.

and I don’t even think he’s better than Whiteside in fantasy just yet. He has yet to shown a full season of games yet alone 50 games. And if we talking real life only thing Embiid has going for him vs Whitesid is his age. Whiteside is a top 5-7 center in the league. Can we say that about Embiid yet? 

I think we all agree he’s an amazing talent with tons of skills at his size. But the hype has gonna chill. 

someones bitter they didnt get the process

id rather have embiid than whiteside

17 minutes ago, verismo said:

someones bitter they didnt get the process

id rather have embiid than whiteside

I had 3 chances to pick him 3rd round in 3/3 in my drafts and I didn’t. I’m not bitter but I guess forum warriors will say anything to try and make a point. You’re entitled to your own opinion but Whiteside has been a steady top 25 pick in every mock draft and draft I have seen. To each of his own. 

I’m not even debating his skills. We talking about fantasy here. 31 games thru 3 season. It’s not exactly a coincidence he’s labeled high risk. 

1 hour ago, jiiiggz said:

We will see where he is at the end of the season.

My draft is tomorrow and Embiid is on my DND list. I will not draft him, even if he falls at 50 (and he will not)

But i think he is very good at basketball, and very good for fantasy. I'm sorry if i can't be more explicit, because i don't speak english well and i'm searching for every word i write, but to be as clear as possible : if i thought that Embiid will play at least 8/9 games during fantasy H2H PO, il would be glad to take him with a top20 pick, because he is not only good, he is also a very exciting player to own.

Sadly i think he will not play those games, so i will not draft him at all, and this is the main thing i wanted to say first : this is not a question of ranking, all we have to guess is if he will be there when it matters, during Fantasy PO.

1 hour ago, jiiiggz said:

I’m not even debating his skills. We talking about fantasy here. 31 games thru 3 season. It’s not exactly a coincidence he’s labeled high risk. 

It's not even that.  Remember, he didn't play in the tourney for Kansas either.  The guy could be a legitimate superstar, but so far in his life (not just NBA career), he just gets hurt a ******** lot.

17 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Who in their right mind would draft Embiid over Whiteside :lol:

whiteside is garbage

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Who in their right mind would draft Embiid over Whiteside :lol:

Somebody who's less risk averse.

• Like 1