LYz

Jusuf Nurkic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I finally dropped him, a center that has bad fg%, high TO and low rebound #s. paired with the bad free throw and inconsistencies... I've had enough and I doubt anyone in my 10 teamer will add him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I finally dropped him, a center that has bad fg%, high TO and low rebound #s. paired with the bad free throw and inconsistencies... I've had enough and I doubt anyone in my 10 teamer will add him.

I'm getting close.  Have been hoping he could muster up some trade value to package in a deal but if he doesn't string together a few good games Sat/Mon/Tues, I'm cutting bait. 

13 minutes ago, Panic said:

still can t shoot 2ft from the rim.

Usage is still there which is encouraging. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I know it's against the Bulls but... he has been impressive tonight.

actually the bulls are a tough match-up against legit, post-up centers because of rolo... and that makes tonight's performance even more impressive.

nurk clearly misses dame and the easy shots he brings. but at least he's rebounding the ball again. he now has double digit rebounds for three straight games, which is a season-high. and with dame back any game now, hopefully nurk's offense picks up as well.

i felt like giving up on nurk a week ago. but hell, a lot of things can still happen...

• Like 1

I can't believe i'm saying this but ummmmmmm, "triple double watch"

On 12/29/2017 at 10:18 AM, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

smh

On 12/29/2017 at 10:18 AM, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Thanks ro the guy in my league who was sick of Nurk like you were and dropped him. Since I picked him up, he's been the 45th ranked player in the league and only hurting in FT category. 14/11/3/2st/1.7bl/50%fg. Not bad for a pickup...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

seems like he may have (dare I say it ) turned a corner. Another solid game today

• Like 1

we all know that nurk has these weird stretches where just disappears - both figuratively and literally. in fact, he had an ugly one just before this recent string of quality performances.

nurk actually had a similar, slightly better run before getting injured and missing a handful of games over a month ago. now that he's gaining steam again, the last thing he needs is another injury. and it's not just the numbers that are different or improving. the body language is getting better as well. he no longer quits on plays as often as he did early this season, and he finally fights for rebounds just as hard as he did last year.

nurk might have put himself in an uncompromising position contract-wise because of his disappointing start, but hey, there's still plenty of basketball to play. he's got a chip on his shoulder now, with little margin for error, and its showing with his improving play. and more important, the monster games haven't come out just yet. so there's still a huge, huge upside to him.

• Like 2

all you guys that traded him for a bag of peanuts are gonna regret it. He's really started to pick it up over the last few games. His touch around the basket has improved and his turnovers have gone down. He's in a contract year and has a lot to prove. The big stat lines are coming guys… I can feel it.

• Like 1

lol i tried trading him but no one wanted to even entertain the idea of having Nurk on their team. So i kept him. and he was pretty much benched in that s---y run he had.  luckily he is starting to turn it around and starting to fill his huge potential :)

Hold on boys, here comes that strong second half we banked on, she's followed by a swelling tidal-wave of a final third.

is nurkic hurt?

i know its a blowout but the blazers put back their starters in the 4Q but only with ed davis instead of nurk. anything happened?

Edited by rameshdataya

oh there he is... stotts puts nurk right back in with 2 minutes left and he promptly commits a TO lol.

strong game though, 20 and 8 in 23 minutes. too bad it was a blowout.

Worst part is when your opponent has a Blazer, such as CJ who plays 33 mins in a blowout.. 

I'll take 20/8 though although, would've preferred he didn't get that extra minute resulting in a turnover!

he usually comes back with 6-5 min left in the 4th, but they didn't really need him. so whats the point of putting him out their and take steve adams dirty rib shots. and he plays tomorrow. its a good call.