• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
PuzzBeterson

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

One of the biggest surprise contracts this offseason, the Knicks paid out of their asses in order to get Tim on their team, BUT, in the process, he may have become underrated. See him going in the 10th mostly (around #100), while from February on, last season he posted the following stats:

17.5 pts on 47%FG, 2.1 3pt (37%), 3/3.6 FT (83%), 3.5 reb, 2.6 ast, 0.8 stl and 1.8 TO. 

That's top 65 value over the last half year. Now, he's in New York with a less strict coach (Bud famously sent Timmy to the D-League to get his defense in order, and he came back much improved on that end), a hefty contract, which the Knicks will want to see him earn it back for them, and a clear starting role (not dealing with Baze/Prince/Sefolosha/Dunleavy on the wing).

Even if Melo stays, I'm expecting comparable numbers as to what he posted post-AS break last year, as the Knicks want him on the floor as a spacer for the rest of their team. Don't see the Knicks bringing in a guard in exchange for Melo either. 

• Like 1

Definitely a good point. But the Knicks are a worse team than Atlanta and the Hawks offense has brought the best out of almost everyone there. I can't think of anyone that has left the hawks recently and maintained their offensive production especially the wings like Carroll. I didn't see much of THJ last year, hopefully he can initiate the offense because the Knicks might just have the worst starting PG in the league.

10 hours ago, apatas said:

Maybe I rank him too high, but I can see 6-7th round potential. Is it possible?

i think there's good chance he can be good, but round 6/7 is a bit early. rounds 9-10 sounds better. he will start at sg, but never know how certain players will respond to having more responsibility on his shoulder esp if not really a superstar

I fail to see how 9-10 is more realistic when he put up #65 value as a starter the second half of last season, with more competition for minutes on the wing and a more strict coach in ATL (Bud vs Hornacek, Hornacek is known to play a guard friendly game). Thats basically banking on no improvement from a 5th year player entering his prime, who has basically shown improvement every season (other than his 1st under Bud, who punished him for not playing focused enough on D by sending hom to the dleague).

Granted, going from 14th round value to 10 would be a big jump, but a big amount of players between 10 and 14 fluctuate between top 100 and no value over the years - its one of the easiest jumps to make. Maybe I could put it like this: if Melo is traded - 6/7th round value, if not 8, early 9th value. Unless you believe they signed Tim for 70M to play him behind Lee or Dotson.

IMO a lot of his value is tied to those points and percentages and I don't think he can repeat them as the 3rd or 4th option in NY

If Melo gets traded then all bets are off cause he could just gun it from everywhere but until then I think somewhere in the late 70s, early 80s is a reasonable assessment of him

I'm hoping he can raise his steals per game then he is a lot similar to wesley matthews pre-injury.

Just now his value increased due to Melo trade. Now he is definitely worth considering at 6th round.

1 hour ago, apatas said:

Just now his value increased due to Melo trade. Now he is definitely worth considering at 6th round.

How much do you think his efficiency drops. There is very little scoring outside of Zinger apart from Kanter and Doug who you DO NOT want to play much for their woeful defense especially since Hardaway is a less than mediocre defender himself. If his efficiency drops (FG% and more TOs) then is value will be very limited with high volume and so few rbs, stls and dimes

Save your sixth round pick on this one. There are just way better options around that pick and picking THJ on a chance that he ended the season good is too risky. 

Not only that he will probably drop to the 8-10th round in most leagues anyway might as well save your 6th pick for something secured and pick him later if you really want him. 

i think 8th round is good target for him, i am going to try and wait to see if i can nab him there. 

BBM has him projected at 3.8 assists per game. Seems a bit high, he only racked up 4 assists in 3 games. Any chance he can get close to 3.8?

3 minutes ago, tongs said:

BBM has him projected at 3.8 assists per game. Seems a bit high, he only racked up 4 assists in 3 games. Any chance he can get close to 3.8?

Very. 2.5 is a more accurate projection. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tongs said:

I'd mark him for a little over 3.

Dude looks like he could post a poor man's bradley Beal type numbers. I think he's a lock for 17/18pp with 2+threes and could easily be a 20ppg guy with 2.5 threes. Looks like a sneaky value pick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ I agree. Those shots are going to be there, and the 3pt volume as well.

His stls have been a good thing as well.

I'm predicting he's a top 80 guy this season. The Knicks have many reasons to give him plenty of minutes and freedom. Opportunity for him will be high and in most cases, when it comes to an average player, this is what elevates them to middle round value.

He's the #2 option on the Knicks, he's going to deliver but efficiency might drop especially in the beginning.

Looks like trash. The entire knick team and organization has been garbage for many many years now. 

25 minutes ago, Shredded said:

Looks like trash. The entire knick team and organization has been garbage for many many years now. 

Their biggest problem is at the PG position - nobody can create.. Not sure THJ is going to get many open looks with the current PG’s. 

From what i saw, he rushed a lot of his shots and had elite defenders on him all night. This NY team isn’t going to be great..

Just now, markus85 said:

Their biggest problem is at the PG position - nobody can create.. Not sure THJ is going to get many open looks with the current PG’s. 

From what i saw, he rushed a lot of his shots and had elite defenders on him all night. This NY team isn’t going to be great..

Exactly. As a knick fan I still don’t know why they drafted this frank guy over Dennis smith jr? Dennis smith looks like a star