PuzzBeterson

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

Well, first, you can see what the settings are right in the picture.  Secondly, you can put it in yourself if you have BBM.  I just did and no s---, there it was:

1 Chris Paul
2 Anthony Davis
3 James Harden
4 Kevin Durant
5 LeBron James
6 Stephen Curry
7 Giannis Antetokounmpo
8 Kristaps Porzingis
9 Nikola Jokic
10 Paul George
11 Kyrie Irving
12 DeMarcus Cousins
13 Damian Lillard
14 Karl-Anthony Towns
15 Robert Covington
16 Kevin Love
17 Hassan Whiteside
18 Kyle Lowry
19 Gary Harris
20 Tim Hardaway Jr.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Well, first, you can see what the settings are right in the picture.  Secondly, you can put it in yourself if you have BBM.  I just did and no s---, there it was:

1 Chris Paul
2 Anthony Davis
3 James Harden
4 Kevin Durant
5 LeBron James
6 Stephen Curry
7 Giannis Antetokounmpo
8 Kristaps Porzingis
9 Nikola Jokic
10 Paul George
11 Kyrie Irving
12 DeMarcus Cousins
13 Damian Lillard
14 Karl-Anthony Towns
15 Robert Covington
16 Kevin Love
17 Hassan Whiteside
18 Kyle Lowry
19 Gary Harris
20 Tim Hardaway Jr.

I’ve got 5 of those bums and got 8-0’d last week :/

• Haha 1

All this excitement and banter over this dude... Lmao. 

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

All this excitement and banter over this dude... Lmao. 

Why wouldn't there be?  There's only so many things you can talk about in fantasy basketball:

- Wondering if a guy going to be better than he is now and if he should be owned.

- Wondering why a guy is sucking.

- Cheering when a guy over performs his draft position (until that becomes boring because he does it every game, it's why Tyreke's thread got to 8 pages in a hurry and then stopped, until...)

- Wondering if a guy is going to get traded (the last page of Tyreke)

And, by far the biggest cause for conversation:

- Injury updates and predictions.

Lebron has 6 pages.  Boogie has 11.  I mean Harden had FOUR PAGES until he got hurt.

Like what else would you get excited for?

"Giannis had a good game.  He is a good basketball player."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

^ All of this. 

Plus, THJ has proven to be a difference-maker. Why wouldn't you be excited to get a potential top 40 guy back mid-season?

That's awesome help on the way.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JballFan said:

That’s not standard yahoo settings.  10/26-11/27 he was not #20 on my BBM.  You are using custom settings maybe for your punt build buddy.  Get outta here with ur top 20 stuff bro.  We all love THJ but stop with the top 20 stuff man.  U look silly.

Dude. This is standard settings. You must have made a mistake. :D

Edit: Thanks for confirming, guys

Edited by rush007

Bro if u put in 10/26 game and punt RB and BLK he is top 5 in the world.  Who the hell cares?  He ain’t top 20 rest of the year.  Put ur money where ur mouth is.  

12 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Bro if u put in 10/26 game and punt RB and BLK he is top 5 in the world.  Who the hell cares?  He ain’t top 20 rest of the year.  Put ur money where ur mouth is.  

"Who the hell cares?"

A person who can see that Hardaway Jr is a really good asset. He was able to show what his ceiling can be and backed it with stats.. Shows more than what your current input is in this discussion.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

1 Chris Paul
2 Anthony Davis
3 James Harden
4 Kevin Durant
5 LeBron James
6 Stephen Curry
7 Giannis Antetokounmpo
8 Kristaps Porzingis
9 Nikola Jokic
10 Paul George
11 Kyrie Irving
12 DeMarcus Cousins
13 Damian Lillard
14 Karl-Anthony Towns
15 Robert Covington
16 Kevin Love
17 Hassan Whiteside
18 Kyle Lowry
19 Gary Harris
20 Tim Hardaway Jr.

I love THJ as much as you do, but I don’t think he’s a top 20 player. Where is Jimmy Butler on that list? 

3 hours ago, ovofnd said:

^ All of this. 

Plus, THJ has proven to be a difference-maker. Why wouldn't you be excited to get a potential top 40 guy back mid-season?

That's awesome help on the way.

This. I don’t think he’s a top 20 player, but I believe he will be within the top 40-50 at season’s end. His peripherals are a nice surprise. Dare I say he’s a poor man’s Bradley Beal? 🤔

3 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I love THJ as much as you do, but I don’t think he’s a top 20 player. Where is Jimmy Butler on that list? 

That's not my opinion, I'm just showing who the top 20 9 cat players were between 10/26 and 11/24, which @rush007 picked for a specific reason.  In that time frame, Butler was 33.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom Chambers said:

That's not my opinion, I'm just showing who the top 20 9 cat players were between 10/26 and 11/24, which @rush007 picked for a specific reason.  In that time frame, Butler was 33.

Oh, gotcha. I didn’t see the dates...THJ did ball out during that time, I remember agonizing because I dropped him a week before the hot streak started. I got him back luckily. But yeah, I believe he may be able to crack the top 30, though a finish of 40-50 is likely. But like I said above, he is a poor man’s Bradley Beal. He’s solid. 

• Like 1

The optimistic expectation is top 40. @rush007 showed he was top 20 for a period to make a point that he was playing at a very high level before the injury. I don't think people in this thread are expecting top 20 that's just unrealistic, but top 40?

That's putting him near guys like Tobias Harris, Jrue Holiday, and Tyreke Evans. Check his game logs in the link below it's not unrealistic to think he can get in the top 40 but @trusthaprocess may be right about the top 60 and hanging around the 40-50 range. He'll probably bounce around that range with some weeks being better and others being worse.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2528210/tim-hardaway-jr

• Like 1

practicing again today with team..crossing my fingers he gets out there Friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

The optimistic expectation is top 40. @rush007 showed he was top 20 for a period to make a point that he was playing at a very high level before the injury. I don't think people in this thread are expecting top 20 that's just unrealistic, but top 40?

That's putting him near guys like Tobias Harris, Jrue Holiday, and Tyreke Evans. Check his game logs in the link below it's not unrealistic to think he can get in the top 40 but @trusthaprocess may be right about the top 60 and hanging around the 40-50 range. He'll probably bounce around that range with some weeks being better and others being worse.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2528210/tim-hardaway-jr

This. Even top 60 would be an accomplishment, considering how everyone was bashing the contract he got, but I believe he will finish in the top 50. He is justifying the contract he got, and I'm happy for him. He is a poor man's Bradley Beal. 

Hornacek said he's not sure whether Tim Hardaway Jr. will return tomorrow.

Knicks are listing Hardaway as questionable tomorrow. He said he sill has to be re-evaluated.

Hardaway wouldn't commit to playing tomorrow: "If it was playoffs then I would obviously. ...Time will tell."

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knick-tim-hardaway-questionable-1.16121402

Edited by -M-
  • Like 1

[ Several removed. Make your points without attacking others, using offensive language, or complaining about the moderation. ]

17 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Top 60? Yes.  

Top 40? Maybe

Top 20? U a dreamer that don’t know b-ball 

No one said he was Top 20.

We're just saying he has shown flashes of Top 20 upside on a given week. That's useful to know in a H2H league.

13 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

We're just saying he has shown flashes of Top 20 upside on a given week. That's useful to know in a H2H league.

It's his ceiling. What he is capable of in other words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovofnd said:

Well yeah, I mean we did technically say he was top 20, because he was. For a specific period of time. 

Not sure what it is, maybe because he's a Knick, but low-key provides as much or more value at times than other wings like Booker, Beal, McCollum. I'm really looking forward to getting him back.. I never had the thought of dropping him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JballFan said:

Top 60? Yes.  

Top 40? Maybe

Top 20? U a dreamer that don’t know b-ball 

Dude. Perhaps I don't know about b-ball but you clearly don't know how to read. I'm not saying he'll be top-20 ROS. That is his upside as @j3rkthenurk and @ovofnd suggested. I'm just saying I expect him to be a top-40 player ROS who has shown a sustained period of top-25 production, and to me he's just as likely to go top-25 as top-60. 

Now, if you don't have anything else to add to this conversation other than your genius assertions as "arguments that you expect us to consider as truth", let's move on. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Good sign

C'mon Timmy!

• Like 1