Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuzzBeterson

Tim Hardaway jr 2017-2018 Outlook

"On Christmas Day, Hornacek said he expected Hardaway back at some point during this upcoming stretch of 20 games, 16 of which are on the road. That would mean sometime next month. It was the first time the coach gave an approximation on a return for the talented shooting guard."

Seth curry, now thj, the timetable keeps extending. I dropped dedmon because of this. Still hoping for the best for these players

He's "hopefully" coming back early January, guys. 

Marc Berman of the New York Post said the Knicks are targeting an early January return for Tim Hardaway Jr. (leg)." Hopefully I’ll be able to run next week, hopefully,’’ Hardaway Jr. said. "We’ll see [after] getting reevaluated next week and see how it goes.

Dude in my league dropped him and got mad when I picked him up. I told him sometimes you need to learn lessons the hardaway.

Can't really understand why someone would drop him (early round upside for SURE). Even with no INJ spot you should be able to hold onto a inj player for some weeks unless you got Gallo, Teague, R-JAX etc on your team, then I kind of understand :o I have been holding him and Blake and just trying to get by week by week - i'm sure they will pay of my sacrifice :D lol

Seems like a non-update to me. I wish it wasn't but this really tells us nothing.

Just now, HK-47 said:

Seems like a non-update to me. I wish it wasn't but this really tells us nothing.

Well I guess it confirms that they're expecting / hoping that he'll be back sometime in January.

That's not a timetable, but it does give us a timeframe.

3 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Well I guess it confirms that they're expecting / hoping that he'll be back sometime in January.

That's not a timetable, but it does give us a timeframe.

All that tells me is that he still hasn't been cleared to run and they just hope the next evaluation reveals that he can. We knew he was being re-evaluated soon anyways, so I just don't see the point of this "update"...but that's me.  

Someone dropped him just in time in my league. I placed a waiver claim for him already. This is great news. I drafted him, and now I'll probably get him back. So much for no timetable haha

Marc Berman of the New York Post said the Knicks are targeting an early January return for Tim Hardaway Jr. (leg).

"Hopefully I’ll be able to run next week, hopefully,’’ Hardaway Jr. said. "We’ll see [after] getting reevaluated next week and see how it goes. If we’re able to run without restrictions, we’ll see how that goes and move forward." The Knicks said on Wednesday that THJ is "making consistent progress in his rehabilitation," so he shouldn't be on any waiver wires with his return looming.

25 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

All that tells me is that he still hasn't been cleared to run and they just hope the next evaluation reveals that he can. We knew he was being re-evaluated soon anyways, so I just don't see the point of this "update"...but that's me.  

This to me is the most important part. He has to get into game shape AFTER he gets cleared. 

He could be 2 weeks away from being 2 weeks away

10 minutes ago, tongs said:

This to me is the most important part. He has to get into game shape AFTER he gets cleared. 

Yeah man, that's what I'm saying...it's not telling us much of anything, obviously. For example back in late October there was a video of Curry shooting, moving well, and driving to the basket. It seemed somewhat promising, but here we are two months later and he's nowhere close. Sure, THJ could be cleared, and of course him and the team HOPE he can...doesn't mean it's gonna happen. As an owner on 3 teams I really wish there was some legit update on a possible return but this isn't it.

41 minutes ago, tongs said:

33 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Yeah man, that's what I'm saying...it's not telling us much of anything, obviously. For example back in late October there was a video of Curry shooting, moving well, and driving to the basket. It seemed somewhat promising, but here we are two months later and he's nowhere close. Sure, THJ could be cleared, and of course him and the team HOPE he can...doesn't mean it's gonna happen. As an owner on 3 teams I really wish there was some legit update on a possible return but this isn't it.

It doesn't hurt to hold him if you have an IL spot open, though.

1 minute ago, trusthaprocess said:

It doesn't hurt to hold him if you have an IL spot open, though.

Not dropping him...just stating this is pretty much a non-update...that's all man.

lol calm down that report didn't say much "hopefully he'll be able to run next week?" there's still steps after your able to run, you gotta be able to 3 on 3, 5 on 5 with contact, go through a full practice, minutes restrictions being brought back slowly. If anything that's looking like the original timetable which is at the earliest 2nd or 3rd week of January. Those roto blurbs can be misguiding. 

On 2017-12-30 at 12:31 AM, megaplayboy said:

lol calm down that report didn't say much "hopefully he'll be able to run next week?" there's still steps after your able to run, you gotta be able to 3 on 3, 5 on 5 with contact, go through a full practice, minutes restrictions being brought back slowly. If anything that's looking like the original timetable which is at the earliest 2nd or 3rd week of January. Those roto blurbs can be misguiding. 

Well said