Sign in to follow this  
linkr

Goran Dragic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, proffesor.m said:

any updates on the knee? 3 game week with a questionable on Monday makes him tough to start in a weekly H2H

Goran Dragic (knee) and Tyler Johnson (ankle) will not play in Monday's game vs. the Rockets.

Dragic has a bruised right knee and will miss his second straight game. This is likely a pain tolerance issue, so we'll continue to list him as day-to-day. With both Dragic and Johnson out, Josh Richardson and James Johnson will handle the ball a ton, while Wayne Ellington will get a nice bump and is coming off a 26-point game. All three are excellent fantasy options.

Jan 22 - 1:04 PM

no discussion about him? he’s been mostly really bad this season, I play in H2H but I can only imagine him in rotos.

Any expectations that he’ll up in efficiency post ASB? I’m a stats guy and his negative net rating is probably a really bad sign. His shooting woes and his bad defense is not a good mix...

There are several things I’ve noticed though with Dragic...

He posts better numbers (and minutes/usage) with Whiteside on the floor. Whenever Dragic had a good game, J-Rich doesn’t go completely bonkers. When J-Rich goes bonkers, Dragic is usually playing limited minutes, or has an off night.

Dragic hasn’t been his usual self in regards to his numbers at the rim, as well as drives per possession. It could be due to age, or because he’s simply tired after the Euros. His defense is probably as bad as it’s been in recent memory, despite the Heat being a good defensive team.

The Heat’s pace may have a lot to do with Dragic’s bad shooting. I can imagine that slowing down the game, is pretty bad for Dragic...

It might be conter-intuitive that there would less fast break opportunities for the Heat, despite being good on defense but, I think it has more to do with pace than forcing TOs. I think the Hawks this year have been really good at forcing TOs, yet they’re still bad defensively, hard to say if there’s any real relationship there but either way, Dragic/the rest of the Heat probably face halfcourt sets on offensive a higher portion of the time than league average, which could explain the terrible shooting from Dragic on the floor.

His FTs are bad too, but he’s always beeb pretty inconsistent there if I remember correctly.

Anyway anyone with any thoughts on Dragic?

He’s still good, but the - on the %s this year/the sub-par 3s are really killing him. 3s are more or less what we’d expect but, the standard deviated value is much different from previous years.. 1.5 just doesn’t really cut it anymore.

Anyway...

All star outside top100 average rankings.

Yeap, start season was top50. Now I not happy at all.

Waiting for my playoff run as I remember he did 2 years ago.

He is a tony parker-like player. Sometimes his game doesn't translate well into Fantasy. 

Happy he got the all star call though

4 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Undeserving of all star nod. 

Middleton deserves it more. 

Just as a thought: middleton is the second best player in a team that has an mvp contender. And they have also a good pg. Stat-wise and definitely fantasy-wise, middleton is superior in everything compared to dragic. Yet, the team has a worse score than miami. 

My personal opinion is that judging players by the numbers only could be a big mistake. In this I am thinking about Derek Fisher, Danny Green, Gasol, Billups, Ginobili, Ray Allen and many other players, who bring something else to the team other than just plain numbers. I am convinced that if you remove Dragic from Miami, they would not be fighting for a playoff spot. My 2 cents.

3 hours ago, sgergole said:

Just as a thought: middleton is the second best player in a team that has an mvp contender. And they have also a good pg. Stat-wise and definitely fantasy-wise, middleton is superior in everything compared to dragic. Yet, the team has a worse score than miami. 

My personal opinion is that judging players by the numbers only could be a big mistake. In this I am thinking about Derek Fisher, Danny Green, Gasol, Billups, Ginobili, Ray Allen and many other players, who bring something else to the team other than just plain numbers. I am convinced that if you remove Dragic from Miami, they would not be fighting for a playoff spot. My 2 cents.

Removing any all star caliber player is a detriment to the team obviously. Removing khris and you won't see the bucks in the playoffs. Dragic's impact is overstated as Whiteside is more crucial imo. 

You have a the Warriors making it to the roster and the have multiple actual MVPs so not sure why Middleton cant be given priority. 

Also how did Drummond make it? Surely his numbers helped. 

16 minutes ago, Anklez2222 said:

Kemba deserves his spot. Just sayin

Middleton too. 

Heck even Simmons. 

Tragic is just bad this year. 

Dragic has not been as good this year as in years past. But he is still good and him making the all star team this year has more to do with him being the best player on a playoff caliber team and his body of work over his career than how he is doing this year particularly.

He has been a fringe all-star for years now and this is just them rewarding him for almost making it before. I have no problem with it.

28 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Dragic has not been as good this year as in years past. But he is still good and him making the all star team this year has more to do with him being the best player on a playoff caliber team and his body of work over his career than how he is doing this year particularly.

He has been a fringe all-star for years now and this is just them rewarding him for almost making it before. I have no problem with it.

I have a problem with it. The Bucks have a near identical record and Middleton is a 2 way complete player. 

All star nods are for this year alone and shouldn't be based on past performance. Snubs like Lillard got in this year because he is actually good as his previous year, if not better. 

I understand that Bucks already have Giannis repping them and Miami needed someone but then again, teams have multiple all stars. Heck if they have it to Whiteside, I'd have no problem.