Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

9/21 - GAME DAY THREAD

Hey fellas, looking for options please. Regardless of format, is Maeda  a good play today at the Phillies?  Career 3-0 but his record on the road is 4-5 5.79 era opposed to home where he is 8-1 2.79.  My only other option is Estrada tomorrow vs a hot Yankee line-up.     

I'm in a very close championship game and it could boil down to this decision.    Thanks!

23 hours ago, prime21 said:

I have Roark.  It's a 5 pitcher per week league. My 4 are set. It's really Maeda vs Estrada choice right now. 

The Phillies have been dominating top tier pitching recently. I'd stay away from them...ask Kershaw. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

The Phillies have been dominating top tier pitching recently. I'd stay away from them...ask Kershaw. 

I see that.  But would he be a worse play than Estrada tomorrow vs Yankees?  

36 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I see that.  But would he be a worse play than Estrada tomorrow vs Yankees?  

No. Roark vs the Phillies is better than Estrada vs the Yanks.

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

No. Roark vs the Phillies is better than Estrada vs the Yanks.

I'm only comparing Madea and Estrada.  Roark is already in my line-up

What's the consensus on Paxton today?  I'm strongly leaning towards "hell no" but just looking for opinions.

3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

damn... high wire act from maeda... never been so nervous watching yahoo gamecast ha

LOL...   yeah i was just cursing at the monitor (my opponent started him).

5 hours ago, LJJr said:

What's the consensus on Paxton today?  I'm strongly leaning towards "hell no" but just looking for opinions.

There is no consensus on anything here.  Bench Coach Forum would give you feedback though of course Rush 2112 would tell you to drop every pitcher you own, heh.

I'd so desperate for K's in one deep league with very few pitching options that I'm having to stream Carson Fulmer against the Astros tonight.  Wouldn't have normally but Lester already blew-up my ERA and WHIP so what the hell at this point.  (Did I say blow-up?  Should of said NUKED).

13 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

There is no consensus on anything here.  Bench Coach Forum would give you feedback though of course Rush 2112 would tell you to drop every pitcher you own, heh.

I'd so desperate for K's in one deep league with very few pitching options that I'm having to stream Carson Fulmer against the Astros tonight.  Wouldn't have normally but Lester already blew-up my ERA and WHIP so what the hell at this point.  (Did I say blow-up?  Should of said NUKED).

I get where you are going with that but you know as well as I do that the bench coach forum is virtually worthless this time of year.  Just saying....  The people posting in this thread are about the only ones I'd want the opinion of anyway....

Not today but for future reference if you don't check the Playoffs thread:

Jacob deGrom's next start has been pushed back to Sunday due to flu-like symptoms.

The right-hander has dealt with nausea and an upset stomach for the last few days, so the Mets will adjust their schedule a bit to give deGrom ample time for recovery. Robert Gsellman will now start Friday's series opener against the Nationals and Matt Harvey will go Saturday.

Also both Manny Machado (illness) and Tim Beckham (wisdom tooth extraction) are listed as day-to-day for the O's now.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Keep batting Sogard at lead off counsel. What a garbage manager. Villar just wasting away, he could be helping clinch a playoff birth. 

ugh Nationals are like one of 3-4 teams with TBDs for the weekend rotation. 

I am coming down to game time decision to start Martinez or not.....Reds aren't exactly running their full lineupr

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

6 minutes ago, Armalite said:

Did Salazer get pulled or is yahoo being yahoo?

Salazar was on a very short pitch count, so he wasn't going to go long today.

He was pulled for McAllister after 2.2 at 54 pitches.  I don't know what his target was, but that is a pretty high amount for less than 3 innings and Francona said he wouldn't go long today before the game.

Edited by The Czar

It seems like I wasted a pick up on him then. Dammit, I think I have to quit my job and just listen to manager press briefings all day. 

Carson Fulmer pulled after a third of an inning because of an injury?  What happened.

And Manny Machado blurb said he was ill and not playing so he plays and hits a homer?  Yahoo hates me.