raptors24

Karl-Anthony Towns 2017-2018 Season Outlook

11 hours ago, Pirate said:

checked. On average last 2 weeks it KD, PAUL, DAVIS then TOWNS. Total is a little misleading. 

I'll take top 5 any day

11 hours ago, Pirate said:

checked. On average last 2 weeks it KD, PAUL, DAVIS then TOWNS. Total is a little misleading. 

Considering that Paul played in 16 games, Davis in 28, Durant in 29 and KAT played in every game (34), he  is #1 in my book 

If you don't play you don't contribute, regardless of what your averages are

FWIW,

USG season: 23.2

USG the 4 games Teague sat:  22.4; 31.9; 27.2; 29.8

Three games later, the famous freeze-out (after which his defensive counting stats improved remarkably, USG not so much).

So... context... small sample size... yada-yada.

I’ve given up watching my Suns this year and have paid most attention to Wolves and Magic. As much as I’ve complained about “Butler’s team,” this offense looks best when Butler and KAT eat freely. Seems like everybody in the world except Teague, Wiggins and Thibs gets that. Knock wood — I’m kinda licking my chops.

• Like 1

When you have Myles Turner as a primary blocker but then you see KAT trying to contest that

hillary-clinton-crazy-smile.jpg

Edited by ejaggit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine if this guy got more than 11 - 13 shots? He's averaging 13.6 shots in December - lowest since his rookie season.. I get that Jimmy B is on fire but they really have to lower Wiggins shot volume and give it to Towns instead, he's far more efficient and impactful with his scoring than Wiggins is, and overall more important to the team concept. If Towns is getting doubled because he's dominating his matchup with high volume/efficiency, his assist output is excellent when compared to Wiggins, they'd be blowing teams out of the water if they made it clear that he and Butler are far ahead of the pack in the usage pecking order.

What's buoying his value is that he's opted to shoot more threes in December to the tune of 1.9 makes on 4 attempts on a ridiculous 46.4% shooting.. 

He averaged 54% on 13.6 attempts, 1.9 3's, 20.4 pts, 11.1 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.6 steals, and 1.9 blocks in 14 games. Give this man his touches!!

In his last 5 games he has 10 3's, 56 rebounds, 17 assists, 5 steals, 17 blocks.. looks like a lot of the naysayers and people who were disappointed with picking him have gone quiet for a long while now.. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2017 at 8:37 PM, Lifschitz said:

In his last 5 games he has 10 3's, 56 rebounds, 17 assists, 5 steals, 17 blocks.. looks like a lot of the naysayers and people who were disappointed with picking him have gone quiet for a long while now.. 

I think most people were disappointed with the offensive output and indefensible defensive stat line (0.9 blocks and 0.5 steals in Nov.). Offensive outlook hasn't changed much, but when you're dropping three's like that and averaging 2.1 blocks and 1.6 steals through December, I'll take it. 

Posted (edited)

when you are cleaning up the boards and is supposedly the best offensive talent on your team, you need more than 15 shot attempts. KAT 15 FGA 23 points so far, their franchise player on the other hand Andrew Wiggins 12 shots- 10 points

KAT is amazing, but as long as wiggins is on this team, and thibs doesn't do something about it, he will not live up to his full potential

Edited by sya

The 20-20 is nice but his 2 blocks are HUGE for me this week.  It has been such a scarce stat for my opponent and I this week.  Looks like KAT's blocks might just give me the edge.

This the superstar I gave up a good capital for. It took a couple months, but I'm glad that bumpy ride is over. - Jinx knock on wood -. 

First really big Rebounding game but it seems like Boston was laying bricks tonight. 

At least he didn't let Taj get all the boards

i like it KAT is just getting better and better as the season goes on.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Panic said:

i like it KAT is just getting better and better as the season goes on.

Still the best part is he never misses games. Never. He's going to be real clutch come fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Still the best part is he never misses games. Never. He's going to be real clutch come fantasy playoffs.

yeah thats y i paid a price to get him. klay and cj for him

• Thanks 1

So Clippers have offered Griffen to Wolves in exchange for KAT to the Clippers...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DamoESP said:

So Clippers have offered Griffen to Wolves in exchange for KAT to the Clippers...

KAT is their franchise cornerstone. No way they're gonna give him up, especially since the team's finally clicking. Oh, and he never missed a game. Griffin is the total opposite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, escanorvailfriks said:

I wonder where the Clippers got the courage to offer that swap. SMH.

Probably they're the same managers who keep making lowball offers in their fantasy leagues. :lol:

Edited by ThisIsSparta
  • Haha 3

Need a DD from you KAT, come on, get involved!

Just now, OKCFan2005 said:

Off night? Anyone watching the game?

foul trouble(3 quick foul early )

• Thanks 1