dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Kawhi remains the main man in San Antonio, therefore one of the safest and top 5 fantasy picks overall. 

Where are you guys picking him? 

Projections per ESPN:

MIN 3PM REB AST STL BLK PTS
 33.0 1.9 6.6 3.3 1.9 0.9 21.5
Edited by dekciw_1

He went 5th in my draft after KD, Westbrook, Giannis, Curry. I think he's even safer now that the season is longer having more rest days for players so Pop is less likely to sit em out.

• Like 2

Why not predicted 25 points as last season? I don't think that arrival of Rudy Gay changes so much. Kawhi should be 4th-7th pick depending how you value big men like KAT and AD or TO killers like Westbrook and Harden.

Probably becouse of Rudy Gay yes, but thats really weak. There is no way Kawhi going under 23 PPG, he will be competing for MVP no doubt.

Also expecting an uptick in assists, as it's already been said he'll handle the ball more with Porker out. 

1 hour ago, ber said:

do you guys think kawhi has a good chance avg 5 assts per game ?

I don't think there is a good chance of that happening. Their offense is based on ball movement and making the right play and pass. Now is the hockey assist was a category that would be different...

• Like 1

I disagree with ESPN's prediction. He's gonna score more than that for sure. Also, with San Antonio's lack of ball handlers, he definitely has a case for averaging 4-4,5 assists.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guilhermeneves said:

I disagree with ESPN's prediction. He's gonna score more than that for sure. Also, with San Antonio's lack of ball handlers, he definitely has a case for averaging 4-4,5 assists.

If you look at ESPN's predictions ~95% of people are expected to score less. ESPN typically putting a tonne of effort into their fantasy basketball leagues :angry:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ber said:

do you guys think kawhi has a good chance avg 5 assts per game ?

4 apg seems to be more realistic

IMO opinion if anyone gets kawhi (or AD) at 8th has the best chance of winning which seems like could happen in many leagues.

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Pirate said:

IMO opinion if anyone gets kawhi (or AD) at 8th has the best chance of winning which seems like could happen in many leagues.

Why do you think that? You think getting AD or Kahwi there gives a manager so much more of an advantage over teams lead by KD, Giannis, Curry? 

32 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Why do you think that? You think getting AD or Kahwi there gives a manager so much more of an advantage over teams lead by KD, Giannis, Curry? 

Provided that AD or Kawhi finishes in the top 3 couple that they select an early 2nd rounder gives you an advantage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Provided that AD or Kawhi finishes in the top 3 couple that they select an early 2nd rounder gives you an advantage.

now someone mention this, i think drafting around 6-8th spot in this year's draft give a team good chance landing 3 top 20 players in a 12 teams league. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

6 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Yep. That was my thinking. AD n Kawhi have top 3 potential and mid to early 2nd round is safe as houses but late 2nd is not as certain. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 6:23 PM, Pirate said:

Yep. That was my thinking. AD n Kawhi have top 3 potential and mid to early 2nd round is safe as houses but late 2nd is not as certain. 

True. Late 2nd and early third, youre looking at Lowry, Conley and Embiid/Gasol. That being said, I am extremely high on Kawhi this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets drafted 1st overall.

1st overall is too high. He is TOP 8 player and every pick starting from 4th is justified.

1 hour ago, dekciw_1 said:

Who do you pick after him in 9cat if you DONT PUNT assists? 

Wall and cp3 if (maybe Lowry) if you get lucky

Rubio and Ball in the 5th or 6th

Then grab bigs that dime like Marc, Millsap, Horford in the 3rd round 

Then maybe get wings that dime in batum and Simmons around 6th onwards 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

Who do you pick after him in 9cat if you DONT PUNT assists? 

Depends on how shallow your league is but the following players should be available after picking Kawhi at the 5-8 range in a snake draft:

IT / Lowry, Conley, Kemba, Rubio, Bledsoe, Teague, Jrue, Ball, DSJ, Collison, George Hill, Teodesic, Bev, Seth/Yogi, Ullis, Batum, Simmons, Draymond, Marc, Horford, Nurkic or Griffin

Shallow leagues/Lucky on the turn:

Wall / CP3 / Lillard / Lebron / Jokic / Cousins

Get around 3 to 4 of the first list plus one of the second one and you can win most assist match ups IMO (especially a doable combo of Wall / Rubio plus one of the passing wings / bigs. You can grab lots of threes in the late rounds

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Wall and cp3 if (maybe Lowry) if you get lucky

Rubio and Ball in the 5th or 6th

Then grab bigs that dime like Marc, Millsap, Horford in the 3rd round 

Then maybe get wings that dime in batum and Simmons around 6th onwards 

This is exactly what i have been doing, it seems there is no better way. (CP3 fits better though.) :D 

I just wonder why ESPN is ranking Lowry so low, he finished early 2nd round in 9cat last year. Injuries? Weird.

1 hour ago, Mikhov said:

Depends on how shallow your league is but the following players should be available after picking Kawhi at the 5-8 range in a snake draft:

IT / Lowry, Conley, Kemba, Rubio, Bledsoe, Teague, Jrue, Ball, DSJ, Collison, George Hill, Teodesic, Bev, Seth/Yogi, Ullis, Batum, Simmons, Draymond, Marc, Horford, Nurkic or Griffin

Shallow leagues/Lucky on the turn:

Wall / CP3 / Lillard / Lebron / Jokic / Cousins

Get around 3 to 4 of the first list plus one of the second one and you can win most assist match ups IMO (especially a doable combo of Wall / Rubio plus one of the passing wings / bigs. You can grab lots of threes in the late rounds

Yeah, Lowry, IT and Kemba are available. 

In shallow leagues those players may very well turn up. But its tricky... if you pair up Kawhi with Jokic/Lebron/Cousins, you must be really lucky to get decent PG later in the rounds (Jrue/Teague/Rubio), but it is very doable. 

Edited by dekciw_1

4 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

This is exactly what i have been doing, it seems there is no better way. (CP3 fits better though.) :D 

I just wonder why ESPN is ranking Lowry so low, he finished early 2nd round in 9cat last year. Injuries? Weird.

Yeah, Lowry, IT and Kemba are available. 

In shallow leagues those players may very well turn up. But its tricky... if you pair up Kawhi with Jokic/Lebron/Cousins, you must be really lucky to get decent PG later in the rounds (Jrue/Teague/Rubio), but it is very doable. 

Lowry falls off in the second half literally every season. If he could stay healthy and not get gassed out due to overplaying he'd be a first rounder IMO. 

Kawhi Leonard continues a rehabilitation program for right quad tendinopathy, and he is expected to miss the 2017 preseason.

Always something. Clear avoid for me in roto formats. Risk of more caution and rest that ever. 

7 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Kawhi Leonard continues a rehabilitation program for right quad tendinopathy, and he is expected to miss the 2017 preseason.

Always something. Clear avoid for me in roto formats. Risk of more caution and rest that ever. 

It is preseason.  Hopefully in leagues where I don't own him, I can get him at a discount from owners who overreact like the RW blurbs.

Edited by El_Chingon