dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

He's participating in 3-on-3 drills, and he won't be joining the team on its coming 3-game road trip. My guess is that he sits out the Orlando game on 13th, practices with the team on 14th and comes back on NO game on 15th.

Most ppl's POs start next week. Decisions, decisions..

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22678839/kawhi-leonard-hoping-return-soon-san-antonio-spurs

On 3/6/2018 at 4:01 AM, rush007 said:

I don't think he's coming back in the last two weeks. That means he'll play 3 games max, and they'll likely be out of the playoff picture. What's the point? It's not like it'll do the team any good lol

Spurs out of playoffs?   I will believe it when I see it

3 hours ago, rush007 said:

He's participating in 3-on-3 drills, and he won't be joining the team on its coming 3-game road trip. My guess is that he sits out the Orlando game on 13th, practices with the team on 14th and comes back on NO game on 15th.

Most ppl's POs start next week. Decisions, decisions..

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22678839/kawhi-leonard-hoping-return-soon-san-antonio-spurs

I don't think he will play this season or if he does he will come back literally during playoffs and be limited

3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I don't think he will play this season or if he does he will come back literally during playoffs and be limited

If he's not back by that time, I don't see him coming at the playoff time and messing up with the team, plus the risk to re-injure himself just because of a few very limited games during playoffs. We all saw how rusty/cautious he was. It just doesn't make sense.

hopin the spurs get blown out later by the warriors and continues to decline to lower seeds for them to think about they need kawhi :P

^^ Let me guess...this is one of those uber super competitive leagues that everyone on this forum belongs to?

• Haha 2

Playoff changer? More like resting every other game with a 20 minute limit for the next month 

43 minutes ago, AP27 said:

Playoff changer? More like resting every other game with a 20 minute limit for the next month 

Even in 20 minute, Kawhi is likely to flirt with top-50 value.

In theory yes, def a difference maker.

54 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

Even in 20 minute, Kawhi is likely to flirt with top-50 value.

In theory yes, def a difference maker.

If he’s playing once or twice a week he’s not. He played 9 games his first 30 days back last time 

25 minutes ago, AP27 said:

If he’s playing once or twice a week he’s not. He played 9 games his first 30 days back last time 

Difference though now is the Spurs are fighting for their playoff lives and they're slipping fast. I think they need Kawhi for every game, even if it is 20-25 min.

No B2B games from 3/15 to 4/1 when most playoffs are done.

I think he will play every game during that time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmj10us said:

No B2B games from 3/15 to 4/1 when most playoffs are done.

I think he will play every game during that time.

Yeah, rooting for that.

19 hours ago, jstep13 said:

^^ Let me guess...this is one of those uber super competitive leagues that everyone on this forum belongs to?

Well yes. With 7 teams with nearly identical records competing for 4 playoff spots it's not that far-fetched for one of those teams to drop a guy suffering from an injury that has kept him out for virtually the entire season. Not to mention his own coach stating publicly that he might be out for the rest of the season.

Some of yall are so edgy on here. 

• Like 1

It's all good, I'm sure it's a terrific league being able to pluck first rounders off the waiver wire...

2 hours ago, jstep13 said:

It's all good, I'm sure it's a terrific league being able to pluck first rounders off the waiver wire...

If Kawhi wasn't dropped by his owner, that owner's team would have been eliminated from playoff contention. Kawhi's projected return date is on Thursday which is in the midst of playoffs, and him actually returning on that date is far from certain. Considering that uncertainty plus the inevitable minutes restriction and potential rest games, rostering Kawhi carried more risk than reward up until this most recent announcement that his absence is no longer indefinite. 

Kawhi being on the waivers for a certain period of time isn't as ludicrous as you want to make it seem. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, samer42 said:

If Kawhi wasn't dropped by his owner, that owner's team would have been eliminated from playoff contention. Kawhi's projected return date is on Thursday which is in the midst of playoffs, and him actually returning on that date is far from certain. Considering that uncertainty plus the inevitable minutes restriction and potential rest games, rostering Kawhi carried more risk than reward up until this most recent announcement that his absence is no longer indefinite. 

Kawhi being on the waivers for a certain period of time isn't as ludicrous as you want to make it seem. 

Stopped reading after the first sentence. BS. :) 

Edited by rush007

29 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Stopped reading after the first sentence. BS. :) 

Right...so you can call BS on my statement despite not knowing any circumstantial context about my league that could allow you to refute it.

• Like 1

For what it's worth Kwi was also dropped in our league (definitely competitive) after Pop said he didn't expect him to play again this season. Obviously in hindsight this was just a strategic move to force Kwi to play his hand. I picked him up immediately after the news broke he was targeting a return, but it was the last week of our regular season and I went behind in my match up early so I had to drop him in order to make the playoffs. Moving into the second week of the playoffs (semi finals) now it just isn't feasible for most teams to pick him up even with the Thursday target date.

2 minutes ago, samer42 said:

You implied just days ago that dropping Kawhi with PO looming is a course of action worth considering lol 

There was no timetable! Now there is.

7 minutes ago, rush007 said:

There was no timetable! Now there is.

And within seconds of that news being released he was picked up in my league. My point is that it was justifiable for even a "competitive" league to have Kawhi on the wire at some point over the last few weeks. 

• Like 1