dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, samer42 said:

If Kawhi wasn't dropped by his owner, that owner's team would have been eliminated from playoff contention. Kawhi's projected return date is on Thursday which is in the midst of playoffs, and him actually returning on that date is far from certain. Considering that uncertainty plus the inevitable minutes restriction and potential rest games, rostering Kawhi carried more risk than reward up until this most recent announcement that his absence is no longer indefinite. 

Kawhi being on the waivers for a certain period of time isn't as ludicrous as you want to make it seem. 

Stopped reading after the first sentence. BS. :) 

Edited by rush007

29 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Stopped reading after the first sentence. BS. :) 

Right...so you can call BS on my statement despite not knowing any circumstantial context about my league that could allow you to refute it.

• Like 1

For what it's worth Kwi was also dropped in our league (definitely competitive) after Pop said he didn't expect him to play again this season. Obviously in hindsight this was just a strategic move to force Kwi to play his hand. I picked him up immediately after the news broke he was targeting a return, but it was the last week of our regular season and I went behind in my match up early so I had to drop him in order to make the playoffs. Moving into the second week of the playoffs (semi finals) now it just isn't feasible for most teams to pick him up even with the Thursday target date.

2 minutes ago, samer42 said:

You implied just days ago that dropping Kawhi with PO looming is a course of action worth considering lol 

There was no timetable! Now there is.

7 minutes ago, rush007 said:

There was no timetable! Now there is.

And within seconds of that news being released he was picked up in my league. My point is that it was justifiable for even a "competitive" league to have Kawhi on the wire at some point over the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samer42 said:

Right...so you can call BS on my statement despite not knowing any circumstantial context about my league that could allow you to refute it.

Oh btw my bad, I thought you were saying in general, not just for your own league. Of course that changes things.

hoping his return even if its limited will bring me a title. what are you guys thinking he will be playing 20-25 mins

3 minutes ago, wiz said:

hoping his return even if its limited will bring me a title. what are you guys thinking he will be playing 20-25 mins

Even if he plays 20 mins, that's top-30 production. They'll try to get him involved. If he misses every other game like he did before, that's another story. I don't think that'll be the case, though.

19 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Even if he plays 20 mins, that's top-30 production. They'll try to get him involved. If he misses every other game like he did before, that's another story. I don't think that'll be the case, though.

I don't think they have any back to backs for a while so maybe he wont sit.. that's what im hoping for anyway

Here's a question. Is he the first player you cut if you're in a close matchup? The worst part is even if I leave him on the IR, I can't make any add add/cuts until I make room for him on the roster.

You can't have someone on your roster playing two games a week.

4 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Here's a question. Is he the first player you cut if you're in a close matchup? The worst part is even if I leave him on the IR, I can't make any add add/cuts until I make room for him on the roster.

Kawhi playing 20-25 mins a night for 2 or 3 games would have way more value than at least a few people on your roster unless you are in a really shallow league or have a stacked team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Kawhi playing 20-25 mins a night for 2 or 3 games would have way more value than at least a few people on your roster unless you are in a really shallow league or have a stacked team.

Pretty much. If you have unlimited adds, you can also stream 3 games out of his spot, if he does not come back on Thursday. 

11 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

At least wait until tonight's game. Pop was supposed to meet Kawhi today, so he may announce if he is likely to play on Thursday or not. Again, it's Pop, so whatever he says needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but we may have more clarity tonight. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 8:52 PM, jstep13 said:

^^ Let me guess...this is one of those uber super competitive leagues that everyone on this forum belongs to?

Wow looks like rostering Kawhi is a huge burden after all. 

Can it be possible that the latest report is all smoke and mirrors? What if he's still in line to play on Thurs??? One can only hope.

9 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Can it be possible that the latest report is all smoke and mirrors? What if he's still in line to play on Thurs??? One can only hope.

The latest report? This entire season has been smoke and mirrors . . .

• Haha 1

F...  I'm thinking about a drop, just for my good mood and I m in a keeper league. :lol::D