MXE Media

NFL - The Week That Was - Week 2

We start with last Thursday’s contest between the Texans visiting the Jungle to battle the Baby Pumas of Cincinnati. If any of you survived watching the entire game without changing the channel to watch re-runs of Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond then I congratulate you. In fact give yourself a pat on the back for watching maybe the worst game from the NFL this year. Houston QB Watson stole the show with his one run for a Touchdown and that's it for your highlights. Other than that the only other play that was worth noting was the last play of the game when the Circus showed up. Let me recap that play: Dalton to Green, back to Dalton, Dalton to Bernard, Bernard bobbles catch and runs for about 15 yards before he throws it back to Dalton who runs for about 10 yards then Dalton passes back to the middle of the field to his Center……who is pancaked! And flattened by J.J. Watt!! Ball Game over! Dalton looked disgusting as his QB play left the entire Bengals Stadium wondering if there was any hope for this team at all this year. Dalton’s best passes of the night came on that final circus showcase in the last few seconds of the game. Then Dalton left his poor Center out to dry and get walloped by Watt. That’s gonna take a few extra streak dinners to get that Center back on your good side Dalton. After the game Dre Kirkpatrick was asked about the game and how his team performed. In six simple letters Dre gave his answer, “We Suck”. Bam, there it is. That sums it all up, thanks Dre. No need for overuse of words or a lengthy explanation. Dre nailed it with two words, “We Suck”. End of interview. 

Through the first two games the Bengals have not scored a Touchdown which hasn’t happened in the NFL since 1939. Way to go Baby Pumas. The JETS now have competition for the worst team in the NFL. JETS owner after the game must have been sweating that his tanking of the Season may now have some real competition with the Bengals secretly tanking themselves without knowing it. Let’s hope this Thursday night’s game between the Rams and Niners gives us a little bit of hope that the NFL actually does care and want to make Thursday Night Football revelant again.

Ravens took care of the Browns. Ravens D once again coming through huge with four interceptions and a forced fumble. Giving yet another reason for Cleveland fans to just shrug in dispair. Your football team sucks, James is probably leaving Cleveland next year for Hollywood but hey at least the Indians look solid this year. 

Let’s go to New Orleans where the Patriots got back to Super Bowl form. TB12 was near perfect in the first quarter throwing for 3 TD’s which was the first time in his career he had thrown 3 Touchdowns in the first quarter. 36-20 New England spanks the now 0-2 Saints. What’s wrong with the Saints? The Saints have no defense at all and an offensive line that is not giving Drew anytime. Brees needs a strong game this week or they might be done for the Season.

Carson Palmer and that Cardinals Defense is terrible. Truly Charles Barkley terrrrrribbbble. Cardinals Defense helping pull out the victory against the Luckless Colts 16-13. Luckless Colts are a complete disaster this year and they only lost by 3. Cardinals are bad and missing Johnson already. 

Bears paid $45 million dollars for Glennon which has picked up where Cutler left off last year. Bears are set to pay Glennon $5 mil a pick which means his contract should end about week 4 if his turnover trend continues. 

The Chargers finally got to play a game in front of their home crowd, well kinda their home crowd. The game which game down to last second FG to win it, was actually played at the Stubhub Center. For those that don’t know, the Stubhub Center is home of the LA Galaxy. Estimated to seat about 27,000-30,000 people, the Chargers couldn’t even get that sold out. Day before on Saturday, USC hosted Texas in a thriller at the L.A. Collisium. 103,000 fans showed up for that contest. Even the L.A. mayor was quoted as saying, “LA didn’t need 2 teams.” When the new Los Angeles stadium is built it will be shared by the Chargers and the Rams. Jim Rome put it best…The battle of Los Angeles will not be won by either Chargers or Rams. The battle for LA between the Chargers and Rams will always lose to the Beach. The Beach always wins. Unless your USC and UCLA, Los Angeles doesn't care about Football. But let's all go the Beach. Beach always wins. Sold out crowd once again at the beach. 

The New York Football Giants are bad. Bengals bad. Giants lost to the blazing hot Lions 24-10. At least Manning finally threw a TD. Manning got sacked so many times that at one point he took a sack without anyone actually touching him. The Phantom sack 1, Eli zero! Coach McAdoo is considering giving up the offensive play calling. Please do, your offense sucks. To the owners I say this: Mr. Tisch and Mr. Mara, nothing can really save your season but if anything or anyone can I would advise you this. When the impossible needs possible you have only one choice. Gotta send in the Snake, Snake Plissken. Nothing more to say. 

Dirty Birds out played and outscored the Packers by a total of 34-23. Aaron Rodgers looks a little sluggish out there. Not mention the Packers are losing players to injury faster than it takes Manning to get sacked. Atlanta looking so far like the clear cut team to make it back to the NFC Championship game and possibly the Super Bowl. Mark my words, if Atlanta makes it back to the Super Bowl, this time they win it. 

49ers and Seahawks battled for the worst game of the week behind the Texans and Bengals game. Seattle’s offensive line needs help. Where has Jimmy Graham and the WR's go? Russell Wilson has no time, tons of pressure in his face, and half the time is running for his life. To say something positive about the Niners, which is not much, I say this....49ers Defense played well in this game. Good job Defense. If offense could have scored that game would have ended with the San Francisco/Santa Clara/ Northern California 49ers. 

Next the Raiders blew out the J.E.T.S. T.A.N.K. in a 45-20 blowout. It got so bad that Lynch in the 2nd half gave the fans a better show that what the JETS put out there in the field. Marshawn’s dance was more exciting than the entire season so far of the JETS. And the JETS I think really tried in this game. Not sure why you have traded and gotten rid of all your good players to TANK. But the JETS say they are not tanking. New York fans between the JETS and Giants this year….I’m sorry. That sucks.

Titans ran all over the Jaguars as the offense started a little slow but got it together in the second half of the game. For the Jaguars, Fournette looks good this year. Defense of the Jaguars doesn’t look that bad. But overall the Jaguar fans are frustrated and saddened by the fact that their team needs help, maybe Plissken can help. Send him in boys!

The Broncos spanked the Cowboys so hard that they made Elliott quit on the field. Rather than helping chase down the defender that intercepted Dak’s pass, Zeke put his hands on his hips and watched the run back, twice! When asked later in the locker room about the punch the Broncos D put on Zeke, Zeke said, “are you kidding me, that wasn’t a punch, have you seen the hit I laid on my last Friday night’s date. Now that’s a hit.” For the first time Zeke got destroyed and shut out, something that probably hasn’t happened to him since he was 5 years old. Denver made Dak put the game in his hands threw the air and it paid off great for the No-Fly-Zone, intercepting Dak at the end of the game for a 103 yard interception return for a TD! 

In another non-thriller for the yawn/I’m bored books, The Panthers beat the Bills 9-3. Even baseball fans were bored by the scoring in this football game. Four Field Goals in the game. Newton looks like maybe he came back to soon. McCaffrey though showing flashes of his talents and skills has yet to really have a break out game. This week Panthers play against the Defensive-less Saints.

Get rid for week 3 which starts today with the Rams and Niners. Good luck sports fans hopefully this isn't like last Thursday. With that we end The Week That Was Week 2. Don't forget this week we also have our first London game of the year with the Ravens and Jaguars making a 6:30 am Pacific Start Time.

Good luck for Week 3 and see you next week for the recap.

Edited by MXE Media