two0six

Michael Beasley 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I hope he doesn't play today. They're next game is Wednesday. The extra days rest will make me feel confident about locking him in my weekly line-up. 

He's very active right now. Safe to say his ankle seems fine.

Do you guys think he will really regress once THJ comes back? I think he could maintain his current role/production.

Yeah wondering about his ROS outlook?

Even with the impending return of THJ, they have to give him minutes, no?

Pardon my ignorance, but if THJ was back would he be playing for Beasley right now? would Beasley maintain his 6th man role?

• Like 1

Is this guy legit or a flash in the pan created by injuries to KP and THJ?

Owned him in all of my leagues and he's an elite handcuff for Porzingis owners. Win all around. 

14 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Pardon my ignorance, but if THJ was back would he be playing for Beasley right now? would Beasley maintain his 6th man role?

13 minutes ago, Philzilla said:

I'm bought in. I think they ride him. They need the buckets on that team. 

I just discussed this issue in a different thread, but Beasley's production is very likely to drop off once Hardaway comes back. Obviously, not because they play the same position (although they can both be considered SF's), but because the Knicks lack players that can create on their own. Hardaway was that guy earlier in the year until he got hurt at the end of November. 

If you look at Beasley's stats from before the injury to Hardaway and he was averaging a pathetic 7-3. Hardaway's last game was 11/29. Since that time, Beasley has averaged about 17-7. 

If you can find an owner who doesn't realize the correlation, I would try to unload him ASAP because Hardaway is close to a return and most people think of Hardaway as more of Guard and Beasley as more of a biggish SF or a PF. 

• Like 1

Beasley's the real deal on this team. I watch most of their games and when he comes in off the bench they look to feed him

the ball. Hes been beating guys off the dribble more than not and he gets to the rack or close to it quite often and usually has a good shot although it is awkward Bc he's ambidextrous. Idgaf as long as it goes in and at least it's not Lonzos shot.. now while I do believe the impeding return of THJ can correlate to less touches for Be Easy,  they do play different positions and hardaway is more trigger happy from deep while Beas plays more of an inside ISO-kinda play and surprisingly doesn't settle for too many jumpers. Point is one is a premier shooter and the other is just good at getting to the rack, they can co exist and it helps Beas has been ending a lot of games with KP and the other starters. Coach Horny knows he needs Beas' scoring even if his defense is nothing to write home about. While I do think he's overproducing right now just a bit, it's not a long shot to think he has good ROS value with the knicks jockeying to get in the playoffs (last seed) all season in the weak east. He was a scrub years ago but like some of you mentioned he is boys with KD grew up together and he was once considered a top freshman in the early 00's.

im riding the train till (if) it crashes and burns into ashes. For a guy you most likely added from FA he's just been too good to be nothing once THJ returns. And by no means is THJ curry or some elite shooter. He's above average 

rotoworld blurb: "

Michael Beasley may see a reduced role once Tim Hardaway Jr. returns to the Knicks lineup.

Beasley has been a beast over the last month. In the 14 games the Knicks have played since Dec. 12, Beas is averaging 18.4 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists in just 25.3 minutes. However, with Tim Hardaway Jr. returning to the lineup as soon as this weekend, Beasley is expected to see his playing time drop, according to coach Jeff Hornaeck. "There were nights when Lance [Thomas] didn’t play. There were nights Mike didn’t play. So we’ll probably end up going back to that," said Hornacek."

key word is "MAY".. gotta hold to see how things shake out. hopefully he can still put up the same numbers...

• Like 2

This is why the knicks are the knicks.  It's ridiculous. I guess we will see what happens tonight.  Tim is playing.  Hey, any chance Beasley can get traded?  His value is probably at an all time high right now.

2 minutes ago, Elcamino said:

This is why the knicks are the knicks.  It's ridiculous. I guess we will see what happens tonight.  Tim is playing.  Hey, any chance Beasley can get traded?  His value is probably at an all time high right now.

Anything is possible. These clowns wanted to trade Porzingis...

Lmao. Should've known with this franchise. - Sigh -.  Let's see. I have a feeling I might have to drop tho.

Unfortunately we are looking at a 10-15 mins role as long as Hornacek thinks Doug and Thomas are NBA players. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will have to drop in my weekly league, but I guess I'm keeping him as my handcuff on the bench in my Roto league. Sitting pretty right now.

This franchise is a joke. I know Beasley isn't exactly a model role player, but Beasley singlehandedly carried this team over the past 2 weeks (except for the game he was out) and KP sucked bad. Now, he is also the one keeping them in the game against the Wolves

• Thanks 1

tracking this game real time, they got back into the game even had lead for a moment when Beasley entered the game. Took him out mid way in 4th and NY blown out by the Wolves. Coincidence? Don't think so. That's been happening for the last 2 weeks now. He has been the one spearheading comebacks for this lowly team. Porzingod is their franchise player, but he has been crap and a huge liability for them over past month. They have been playing better without KP