Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ballr3

Andre Drummond 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Disappointing return last year with dips in points, boards and blocks. Does Drummond bounce back this season and also get his FT up to 50%?

Apparently he's been working his a** off in the off season so he should be raring to go. Bounce back on the cards IMO

his offensive performance greatly depends on if svg gives up on trying to make him a post player or not. it's not working and coach needs to accept he's not howard. 

Avery Bradley/Stanley Johnson vs KCP/Marcus Morris could also make a positive difference and the nasal surgery hopefully helps as well

He got his money and his development ceased immediately.  And at 41% from the post, I cannot imagine he is going to get another season's worth of post touches.

Depends on SVG. SVG seems to have disminieshed his improvements and wasn’t last year he was on the trade block?

6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Depends on SVG. SVG seems to have disminieshed his improvements and wasn’t last year he was on the trade block?

Not only was he on the block, they didn't get any interest.

Just now, HurricaneKid said:

Not only was he on the block, they didn't get any interest.

Exactly my point. He got paid, his numbers have declined, team put him on the block, and has no interest from other teams. He lost his coach and team’s confidence. I wouldn’t expect a bounce back year unless he turns into a Demarcus Cousins and starts shootin 3’s.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:39 AM, HarmStrong said:

his offensive performance greatly depends on if svg gives up on trying to make him a post player or not. it's not working and coach needs to accept he's not howard. 

My understanding is that Drummond is the one demanding post touches. SVG tried to get him to face up and use his athleticism to get past his defender. Either way, he is only an option if you can punt. 

Random side note....for every Drummond, DJ, Dwight, etc. that comes and goes through the NBA it just makes me appreciate how special Shaq was. He made himself such a dominant post player. Shaq developed skills and stayed in his prime and relevant longer than any of these new versions of Shaq. I just wish he went granny style free throws and averaged 40 a game. 

I was just checking the box scores on NBA.com and it currently lists Drummond as having 17 points in 12 minutes, hitting 4 of 5 3PM!!!!! and 5 of 6 FT?!!?

This can't be right, can it?????????????

Dwight is 3 of 4 3PM right now too. 

Hate to say it, but I think these are signs of the apocalypse. 

Also says Dwight Howard has made 3. Must be a mistake??

Probably sth is wrong or all the players just shoot 3s and no 2s. 

Hornets must have 30 3s and 10 2s and Pistons 32 3s and 9 2s .... 

sth is weird...

It must be the other way around

I had the same reaction and checked all over reddit a bit earlier. ESPN is counting all 2's as 3's for this box score... not the first time ESPN has f**ked up this week as they had Pau playing 41 minutes in a preseason game this week lol...

Anyone watching? Is Drummond really making threes? ??

Yes. The signs of preseason becoming real. To all stats in the preseason you can say "Yeah, it's only preseason, they play the bench guys there". But the FT% doesn't care if it's preseason or not, I got him for 8$ in my league to help me with points rebounds and steals and not hurt my FT% that much. I predict 60%+ this season.

All this in 22 min. Im impressed. Now if only van gundy increases his usage rate.... 

36 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Yes. The signs of preseason becoming real. To all stats in the preseason you can say "Yeah, it's only preseason, they play the bench guys there". But the FT% doesn't care if it's preseason or not, I got him for 8$ in my league to help me with points rebounds and steals and not hurt my FT% that much. I predict 60%+ this season.

Lmao.