Sign in to follow this  
ballr3

Kyle Lowry 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Clearly been playing too many minutes the last few seasons, and it's taken it's affect with Lowry getting injured. I think his minutes get reduced this season to about 35, maybe 34. Which is a good thing because he'll stay fresh for longer. Should still be a solid pick with a slight dip in assists.

Skinny lowry is a beast and puts up 1st round value when he's going strong... People's concerns are justified in that he's been playing huge minutes and seems to get injured later in the season. Huge 3's and steals with very good assists, the engine of the team. It's even crazier that Lowry + 4 bench guys is such a potent unit.

Hope he stays healthy this year and great contract for the raptors

• Like 1

Similar player to Bledsoe but with better percentages when he's on, and similar injury risk i think.  Lowry was crap to begin last year then went bananas and I think may even have been ranked #1 for a two week stretch or so.  

Lowry is one the fantasy players who are known to be fantasy friendly, very productive and great overall, but guys who come with an injury risk and you can get them for the lower price such as AD, or CP3 for example. I got him in my auction draft for 31$ which is obviously low for a player of his ceiling but yeah, i am aware of the risk, i expect him to be as good as he has always been but have to have to hope he doesn't miss a big portion of the season or get injured late in the season. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

Lowry, Kemba, Conley usually all go in the 2nd/3rd round in some sort of order. Usually in the 20s.

35 would be a serious heist.

1 hour ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Where'd everyone draft lowry this year? 

In competitive leagues he is often going between 18-22nd pick. Everywhere after 20th pick is a great pick up.

The guy has produced top 15 value in 9cat the past two years, im comfortably taking him ahead of Lillard.

41 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Lowry, Kemba, Conley usually all go in the 2nd/3rd round in some sort of order. Usually in the 20s.

35 would be a serious heist.

This is my 2nd year getting him in the 3rd round. For whatever reason the past two years of fantasy players I’ve had a league with, they’ve hated Lowry I guess. Works for me ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

This is my 2nd year getting him in the 3rd round. For whatever reason the past two years of fantasy players I’ve had a league with, they’ve hated Lowry I guess. Works for me ?‍♂️

H2H or Roto, because in H2H he wasn't the same during the playoffs

30 minutes ago, chaiway said:

H2H or Roto, because in H2H he wasn't the same during the playoffs

H2h but the playoffs end the 3rd to last week of the season to avoid DNP-Rest

After his injury last season that ruined my playoff push, I decided to permanently avoid him out of superstition. Hope he does well though, he's a great player when he's healthy.

I drafted him in a kind of BAP strategy. He's a beast but we all know the risk down the stretch..And you can always get good value in return!

29 minutes ago, Faber said:

Did anyone see the match? Feasting JVal vs Lopez or what? Only four buckets!!? 

Drop him

1 hour ago, Faber said:

It was a blowout almost right away.  JV, Norm Powell, and CJ Miles were feasting on the Bulls.  Lowry and DeRozan basically looked at each other and rightfully decided to consider it an extra preseason game.

Dude , toronto played one of the worst teams if not the worst team ive seen in the history of the NBA. Toronto bench was killing chicago first lineup lol.

• Like 1

Nowadays.. 

3 hours ago, Dupontpt said:

Dude , toronto played one of the worst teams if not the worst team ive seen in the history of the NBA. Toronto bench was killing chicago first lineup lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Faber said:

JVal feasted because Robin Lopez played around 28ish minutes I think, and he feasted.  I wouldn't expect Val to play anywhere close to that allotment of minutes because Val will come off the court when most other teams go small and Casey just refuses to play him.  Him and Derozan didn't have to do anything.  It was just a strange game.  He'll still be elite, just a weird game.  Oh yeah, the Bulls suck too.