Sign in to follow this  
ballr3

Kyle Lowry 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Stefan said:

Shiiiiet son 
That's a bad trade :D

If Elfrid replicates what he did after the all star break, I have no issue with the trade.

8 minutes ago, Judicious said:

If Elfrid replicates what he did after the all star break, I have no issue with the trade.

Capela man, Capela... Capela is so freaking good :)

4 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Capela man, Capela... Capela is so freaking good :)

I know, it wasn't easy lol. This is a unique league though, and due to the setting Centers lose a lot of value because the Center slots are F/C, and PF/C, while the PG slot is only for PG eligible players. It's a 20 team, points league with only 5 active slots every night, so I figured if I had a strong PG rotation I can capitalize on most of the people in the league being thin at PG.

Also I'm pretty sure Lowry is declining, fast. Thanks for the feedback though!

• Like 1

Hes coasting. He doesnt seem to be declining tbh. I think he will turn it up once the schedule turns up a bit. You guys trading him for 4th rounders and shiet will be making a huge mistake

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Judicious said:

traded him and Capela for Elfrid (who I thought was back Sunday) and CJ McCollum

I don't trust Lowry this season

Dude c'mon now...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Judicious said:

Worry about your team homie, I do this.

Make bad trades? Clearly. 

Lowry will be fine. Season is still young. 

Edited by izeroi
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Judicious said:

traded him and Capela for Elfrid (who I thought was back Sunday) and CJ McCollum

I don't trust Lowry this season

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 3

Will this guy get ‘sg’ eligibility soon? All I’m seeing is derozan with 90% usage this quarter and its making me sick. 

Lol Casey... “Okay $100m man stand in the corners to open things up for your teammates. Winning basketball baby!”

also

DeRozan before the season starts: “I want to lead the team in assists.” -> takes 17 shots per game with 3.8 assists.

Edited by Mikhov

27 minutes ago, Wise guy91 said:

Will this guy get ‘sg’ eligibility soon? All I’m seeing is derozan with 90% usage this quarter and its making me sick. 

I second this....not looking good for Lowry. I see some possessions too where Powell thinks he's the pg and it's just sad

28 minutes ago, Wise guy91 said:

That's Derozan's game unfortunately. Ball-stopping mid range jump shooter.

This play still is cool. Wonder if they will keep it up when they start losing games. Then it will be kyle time to run the show..

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-aim-to-better-preserve-lowry-for-playoffs-1.884113

We have now established during these first few weeks that Kyle is coasting until he ramps it up toward the playoffs, the Raps are moving the ball and developing their young guys (USG% from 24 to 20), and Casey knowingly monitoring his minutes (mins from 37+ to 31+) while maintaining a winning record. This may change the narrative that Lowry isn't able to bring it during the 2nd half of the season for fantasy purposes. His minutes may slowly creep up to 35+ once we get to the fantasy playoffs. The question for prospective owners is when to buy low before trends show up. In light of all this, he isn't a 1st or 2nd rounder this year cummulatively but rather a 3rd-4th rounder that probably performs like a 2nd rounder during the fantasy playoffs if he doesn't get injured.

• Thanks 1

Damn i wish i saw that article before I drafted Lowry. That could have been the difference in winning a fantasy championship. He doesnt look anything like he did before. Even nights when he is shooting very well, his numbers aren't that great compared to the past. The raptors motion offense looks much worse. They dont have the same talent as the Warriors do, so they shouldnt play like them. . Derozan seems to be much more of the focus offensively on the team than Lowry now compared to before. Lowry's minutes are down, he is not as aggressive as before, not shooting as much as before, not getting to the line, not stealing at all, just a good player, vs. an All-Star like he has int he past. The scary part is it's not a slump, cause again, you can see even when he shoots well, those nights are just not that spectacular... I mean he was the 147th ranked overall player last week and he shot 47% from the field and 80% at the line. Scary.

What a huge mistake in drafting him where I did... 

Edited by magic32

The way the Raptors are dealing with Lowry minutes and usage right now could be a great thing for fantasy owners...down the line. I know I'd much rather have a less effective first half Lowry if it helps to preserve him for the 2nd half of the season. 

He is still an AS quality player, I get the concern over his slow start-but there are a lot of knee jerk reactions going on around here. This could all just be part of a scheme for him to start slow and get more aggressive later on. Just calm down 

Edited by Jack Ripper

34 minutes ago, Jack Ripper said:

The way the Raptors are dealing with Lowry minutes and usage right now could be a great thing for fantasy owners...down the line. I know I'd much rather have a less effective first half Lowry if it helps to preserve him for the 2nd half of the season. 

He is still an AS quality player, I get the concern over his slow start-but there are a lot of knee jerk reactions going on around here. This could all just be part of a scheme for him to start slow and get more aggressive later on. Just calm down 

Well not everyone plays Head to Head and has fantasy playoffs so playing well at the the end of the year doesn't mean more than playing well now. 

The problem I have with him is it doesn't just seem to be a slump. Lots of good players have slumps. But if he is shooting well and he is still ranked low, there is a bigger problem at hand. I don't see how he can come anywhere near previous years numbers unless the Raptors change their entire philosophy on how to use him and go back to how it was before this year. 

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

Well not everyone plays Head to Head and has fantasy playoffs so playing well at the the end of the year doesn't mean more than playing well now. 

The problem I have with him is it doesn't just seem to be a slump. Lots of good players have slumps. But if he is shooting well and he is still ranked low, there is a bigger problem at hand. I don't see how he can come anywhere near previous years numbers unless the Raptors change their entire philosophy on how to use him and go back to how it was before this year. 

Last seasons made him injury prone so I guess he's just saying it's better to have a slow start than an IL lowry. Which is very true