Sign in to follow this  
ballr3

Kyle Lowry 2017-2018 Season Outlook

21 minutes ago, jdub576 said:

Last seasons made him injury prone so I guess he's just saying it's better to have a slow start than an IL lowry. Which is very true

That's true, but what the other guy is saying is that in roto format, it doesn't matter if he plays better later on during fantasy playoffs. Lowry would underperform regardless due to less-than-projected cumulative stats. Roto teams don't benefit from that TOR philosophy.

So he could perform like a round 1 pick in March-April, but if he performs like he does now (round 4-7) until January, in roto, Lowry wouldn't be worth his ADP.

derozan , the ultimate black hole. Taking that kobe status to another level. Hope they continue to lose games.

I heard the commentator say today that Kyle averaged less points this time last year? Is that right? If so this makes me feel a lot better and I think he’s starting to heat up! 

Same story again. Good shooting game so you would think he would have a great line right? no, just good. Which is scary. That's 4 straight 50+% shooting games in a row if you take out the one where he got ejected early. And his stats in none of these were spectacular. Just good. Thats scary, cause you know he is not gonna shoot anywhere near 50+% on the year...

This 10 shots per game and no free throws has got to end. He needs to take a minimum of 15 shots per game and get to the line at least 6 times. Thats what he has done for several years now.   If he is gonna play 5-6 less minutes, then he better be much more aggressive  in those minutes than he has been not only this year but in years past in order to salvage his season. 

wtf is this?? clear steal , he even dive to the floor and doesnt get credited??bull****. Im the worst on steals..wonder why

it's point rozen right now...lowry getting less mins so i guess the silver lining here is that he'll last longer ROS?

19/5/10/1 with 9/10 FT. nice DD and I'll take this line everyday. 2 apparent steals haven't been credited so I hope it gets fixed.

The most encouraging fact is that Lowry played like his old self. playing aggressive driving into the paint and kicking out passes for dimes. buy-low window is almost closed and seems like he's getting his game back :)

25 minutes ago, lethotjames said:

curse. yet to score 20

Forreal. I was really hoping he cracked 20. but good game neverless.

• Like 1

Is he back now? Anyone watching knows whats the difference between lowry early this season and the current lowry? At the start he was just standing and taking open 3s.

Good game, but... Yet again, No steals even though he AVERAGED 1.4-2.1 Steals the previous 7 years and Yet again 50% shooting or more in a game, and just barely above 20 points. This was his Season high in scoring, but the last couple of years, he AVERAGED this on a much worse shooting percentage.  The minutes have actually been there the last couple of games, but the problem is the Rapotors offense has changed, its just not what it was in the past.  

Edited by magic32
  • Like 1

You guys cant compare last year lowry to now. Hes averaged almost 40 mins per game all of his past seasons with toronto. With Delon out now you should see lowrys minutes go back up but for the long term, Casey is trying to preserve him for the playoffs, expect about 30 MPG on average for this year

Minutes will gradually get up. The steals..man they are messing this up. I didnt see the game yesterday but the other game this week he had 2 xlear steals that werent counted. 1 of them he even dived to the ground

Noticed this from watching the games this season but whenever somebody pokes the ball away right after an opponent gets the rebound - and maintains control, they charge it as a rebound instead of a steal

May factor into why Lowry is getting more boards