Sign in to follow this  
countseth

Final Week Rotation Schedules

I know things can be dicey with teams and how they plan/edit their rotations in this final week. 

Post all updates here!

Looks like ESPN has rotation schedules on their MLB schedule page, but it disagrees in at least one instance: Yahoo has a different Braves SP starting on October 1 (Fried instead of Dickey). 

I asked this over in the streaming thread, but: Kuhl or Williams on Tuesday?  Seeing different things.

21 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

I asked this over in the streaming thread, but: Kuhl or Williams on Tuesday?  Seeing different things.

ESPN and Yahoo both have him listed as starting tomorrow. 

Does anyone know what's going on with Bauer? I was counting on 2 starts from him this week and Y! I see has blanked out those starts.

On the MLB site that tracks such things he is now nowhere to be found for the week - looks like the earliest he'll start will be Friday?

Edited by SuperJoint

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Does anyone know what's going on with Bauer? I was counting on 2 starts from him this week and Y! I see has blanked out those starts.

On the MLB site that tracks such things he is now nowhere to be found for the week - looks like the earliest he'll start will be Friday?

Friday is his only start.   He just pitched on the 22nd.  It was never going to be a 2 start week.     Even on 4 days rest, it would not have been a 2 start week.     Plus, they are off today, and lining up their rotation for the post season.   

Edited by rich22

1 minute ago, rich22 said:

Friday is his only start.   He just pitched on the 22nd.  It was never going to be a 2 start week.     Even on 4 days rest, it would not have been a 2 start week.     Plus, they are off today, and lining up their rotation for the post season.   

Ah thanks and much appreciated. My mistake - looking at a lot of different teams right now.

Pirates: 

Tuesday: Trevor Williams

Wednesday: Chad Kuhl

Thursday: ???

Friday: ???

Saturday: (NOT CONFIRMED) Gerrit Cole

Sunday: ???

Thursday, no clue. Friday, no clue. Sunday should be Taillon. No word on if he's being skipped or not yet. The Pirates have said they dont really plan on skipping Cole, and I'd fully expect him to start on Saturday... but havent seen anything official yet

Decisions, decisions. I really need a 2 start pickup. Vargas and Tomlin both go tonight and would be on track to start Sunday.

I am fairly certain the Royals won't alter Vargas' schedule. Tomlin on the other hand, I have concerns that the Indians would start a non-postseason pitcher if the game is meaningless.

Thoughts?

Greinke's start pushed to Friday.

Anyone know if Weaver, Sabathia and Pomeranz are getting their 2nd start this weekend??

2 hours ago, fingy said:

Greinke's start pushed to Friday.

Anyone know if Weaver, Sabathia and Pomeranz are getting their 2nd start this weekend??

About Pomeranz.  Just guessing but if all the standings stay the same then Boston and Houston meet next week on Thursday.  And Sale would probably pitch that day.  So Pomeranz wouldn't pitch until next week on Friday.  Which gives him an extra day of rest even if he pitches this Saturday. 

So yeah I think he will make his start otherwise it would be what, eleven games between starts?  That is way too long for a starter to sit and not get rusty.

Now do I think he will pitch deep into his game?  No way.  But start, yeah.  Especially since he needs a confidence builder after he was blown up in his last start.  Maybe 3 or 4 innings say.  Maybe less since he would just turn around and pitch against the Astros and no starter wants to show a team he will pitch against in the playoffs too much of his pitch strategy the week before.

Don't know about the other two because I don't know their situations.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

On 9/25/2017 at 8:20 PM, mpbaseball22 said:

Pirates: 

Tuesday: Trevor Williams

Wednesday: Chad Kuhl

Thursday: ???

Friday: ???

Saturday: (NOT CONFIRMED) Gerrit Cole

Sunday: ???

Thursday, no clue. Friday, no clue. Sunday should be Taillon. No word on if he's being skipped or not yet. The Pirates have said they dont really plan on skipping Cole, and I'd fully expect him to start on Saturday... but havent seen anything official yet

Looks like 

Thursday: Nova

Friday: Cole

Saturday: Taillon

Sunday: Brault