RedDogNamedClippers

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, BMart519 said:

He's going top 20 in the majority of drats. 27 would be a steal however. 

Anything above 20 is just crazy at this point. I have him paired up with AD and can't wait to see how close he can get to that 1 spot. Last season PF player rater was AD 1, Turner 2.

1 hour ago, theantishere said:

No

I got him at #17 in a highly competitive league.

4 hours ago, fedade said:

Is using 15th pick for him a reach?

On the surface 15th might be one or two picks too early. It depends on who's available. So there no really cut n dry answer imo. Apart from fg% which I think goes down to 47% everything else obviously goes up including blocks to about 2.5. 

Edited by Pirate

Like was mentioned earlier it comes down to your build. Who are you drafting first? Whiteside, Gobert or Turner? That depends on who is higher on the list and where they are drafted.

No one is concerned with this guy?   I  can see his FG% dropping and his TO'S increasing.   Little life lesson for you boys.   When everyone Zigs you Zag,  I will be passing on him this year.  Good luck

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, svtballa said:

No one is concerned with this guy?   I  can see his FG% dropping and his TO'S increasing.   Little life lesson for you boys.   When everyone Zigs you Zag,  I will be passing on him this year.  Good luck

I love this forum

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 is tad high, but I really like this guy this year. FG% and TOs take a hit but just about everything else goes up. Still only 21. Buy, buy, buy.

He will not go past pick 20 in a competitive cash league. Not with C / PF scarcity. It's that simple. If you want him, you really got to go after him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, svtballa said:

Westbrook's FG% dropped last year and his TO's increased, damn, he sucked, dunno why people didn't pass on him

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

turner set for a big season but god damn that playoff schedule is horrendous 

he has a 3-3-3 playoff schedule... i wouldnt call it horrendous...not one of the better ones...but by no means horrible..

anyway, i think if you want him, you have to reach a little from where hes at....he 25 or 27 in yahoo? i got him at 20..... he finished the year last year ranked 25th...so, even with a slight dip in FG%,. i expect him to exceed 25 and is great value right around there

20 hours ago, fedade said:

Is using 15th pick for him a reach?

No. If you punt PTs, which a lot of us do, he's up there.

21 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

No. If you punt PTs, which a lot of us do, he's up there.

Or punt assists.... KAT/Turner 1-2 makes the rest of your draft pretty easy.

Just now, BMart519 said:

Shh......let people draft westbrook and lebrons lol

24 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

This. See sig below for details.

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

This. See sig below for details.

I take it you took Turner 17 in a 9 cat league? H2H? 

On 10/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, Kamura said:

Anything above 20 is just crazy at this point. I have him paired up with AD and can't wait to see how close he can get to that 1 spot. Last season PF player rater was AD 1, Turner 2.

8 cat roto. I have been looking a lot at Turner and here is my stance on him. 

After DMC, your early (top 25) options for blocks after the core 7 that don't seriously compromise your FT% is....Porzingis. Then you snake your draft and your options could or could not be BroLo, Horford, Gasol, Serge. Some of those guys move the needle in blocks more than others, but none of them are Turner in blocks. And none of them could be an option for you when you pick. After that, you are taking on some downside to address blocks later in the draft. So my question to you @Kamura, since you don't think Turner warrants a top 20 pick is, where are you going to get your blocks that doesn't compromise a category if you don't have a top 7 pick?

I get saying a player you draft at 15ish might finish 23rd on a player rater, and by default we consider that a bad pick on value. I think the player rater analysis on a player like Turner doesn't tell the story of the value he presents to a team build. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thezing1 said:

8 cat roto. I have been looking a lot at Turner and here is my stance on him. 

After DMC, your early (top 25) options for blocks after the core 7 that don't seriously compromise your FT% is....Porzingis. Then you snake your draft and your options could or could not be BroLo, Horford, Gasol, Serge. Some of those guys move the needle in blocks more than others, but none of them are Turner in blocks. And none of them could be an option for you when you pick. After that, you are taking on some downside to address blocks later in the draft. So my question to you @Kamura, since you don't think Turner warrants a top 20 pick is, where are you going to get your blocks that doesn't compromise a category if you don't have a top 7 pick?

I get saying a player you draft at 15ish might finish 23rd on a player rater, and by default we consider that a bad pick on value. I think the player rater analysis on a player like Turner doesn't tell the story of the value he presents to a team build. 

I don't want to speak for Kamura but I think you may have misunderstood what he meant.  I believe he meant getting Turner after pick 20 is crazy, and that Turner deserves to be top 20.  

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 2:14 PM, GmGodine said:

Westbrook's FG% dropped last year and his TO's increased, damn, he sucked, dunno why people didn't pass on him

Poor comparison. So because of Westbrook we can apply that to all cases? The guy brings up a legitimate point. Now personally I disagree with him because I think Turner will add points, rebounds, and some 3's that should off-set and efficiency loss, but it's a very legit point that his fg% can drop and TO's get worse. 

34 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Poor comparison. So because of Westbrook we can apply that to all cases? The guy brings up a legitimate point. Now personally I disagree with him because I think Turner will add points, rebounds, and some 3's that should off-set and efficiency loss, but it's a very legit point that his fg% can drop and TO's get worse. 

He's great shooter, mid-range and from 3. I think he'll post 20 and 8.5 with over a steal, 2+ blocks, and close to a three. I don't think he'll shoot under 49% from the field and 80% from the line. He'll be a very solid player. Would like to see his rebounds go up a little bit though. That would really put him over the top.