RedDogNamedClippers

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Rank Turner, porzingis, whiteside, gobert.

they are all there in the mid/late 2nd in mocks...

1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

Gobert=Whiteside>Turner>Porzingis

off topic:you must be very sad batum out 6-8 weeks for elbow injury:(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nyfresh1 said:

I don't want to speak for Kamura but I think you may have misunderstood what he meant.  I believe he meant getting Turner after pick 20 is crazy, and that Turner deserves to be top 20.  

Good catch. I can see the confusion now that you highlighted it. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

You need league settings to accurately rank these guys because 2 will really hurt you in FT%. 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

You need league settings to accurately rank these guys because 2 will really hurt you in FT%. 

Not really, because they will really help you (even more than the others) in the other areas

18 minutes ago, kane said:

Gobert=Whiteside>Turner>Porzingis

off topic:you must be very sad batum out 6-8 weeks for elbow injury:(

Yeah I would agree with this ranking haha.

I was a bigger batum fan when he was in Portland haha but still a bummer that he's injured.

1 hour ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Poor comparison. So because of Westbrook we can apply that to all cases? The guy brings up a legitimate point. Now personally I disagree with him because I think Turner will add points, rebounds, and some 3's that should off-set and efficiency loss, but it's a very legit point that his fg% can drop and TO's get worse. 

Is there any precedent for a top-25 player losing value by gaining usage?

8 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Not really, because they will really help you (even more than the others) in the other areas

I completely disagree. The volume with FT doesn't work like FG. One bad apple can really bring you down. Roto is an entirely different animal than H2H. Also, we are talking blocks, the scarcest category out there. The upper echelon of blocks (and boards, FG%) sets you up entirely differently in H2H. 8 cat vs. 9 cat also makes a bit of difference. 

• Like 1

Gobert>Whiteside>Turner>Porzingis

Gobert's blks are staying high over time, while Whiteside trended down significantly last year to 2.1 from 3.7 (undoubtedly because he understands he has something to lose now, and wants to stay on the court rather than risk fouling out). That's a very significant drop in blks if you think about it. Dude AVERAGED 3.7 blks that breakout year (and you picked him up off the FA list, as did Pat Riley. Good times.)

Gobert has upside, with higher expected utilization due to the departure of Hayward, and a better lob and p/r passer at PG in Rubio over Hill. If not for that FT%, Gobert would be top 10.

Turner may delight us with upside, as may Porzingis. I have all of them tightly ranked between 12-19 in H2H 8-cat.

Turner and M.Gasol?? Similar ADP but M.Gasol has higher points + threes + assists whereas Turner has higher blocks + FG...

3 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Turner and M.Gasol?? Similar ADP but M.Gasol has higher points + threes + assists whereas Turner has higher blocks + FG...

Turner all the way to the bank man,  not even comparable.

On the earlier argument, I'd say it's Gobert>Turner>Porzingis>Whiteside

I got them closely ranked as followed in a 9cat h2h

gobert

turner

porzingis

whiteside

all with added usage with their #1 options (Hayward, pg13 and melo) from each of their teams gone except whiteside. 

I did some more thinking on this. Turner is working on a 3P shot. He pulled 4 shots in a preseason game, and is being encouraged by coaches to take that shot. With PG13 gone, they will need it. If he can fade to the 3P line on pick and pops, he can hit ~34% of those shots. 

If he goes from .5 3PM up to even .7, he gets ahead of Whiteside on my chart. 

I'm going to go ahead and say it will happen. New rank: Gobert > Turner > Whiteside > Porzingis.

And I could boost Zinger also.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 11:57 PM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Gobert>Whiteside>Turner>Porzingis

Gobert's blks are staying high over time, while Whiteside trended down significantly last year to 2.1 from 3.7 (undoubtedly because he understands he has something to lose now, and wants to stay on the court rather than risk fouling out). That's a very significant drop in blks if you think about it. Dude AVERAGED 3.7 blks that breakout year (and you picked him up off the FA list, as did Pat Riley. Good times.)

Gobert has upside, with higher expected utilization due to the departure of Hayward, and a better lob and p/r passer at PG in Rubio over Hill. If not for that FT%, Gobert would be top 10.

Turner may delight us with upside, as may Porzingis. I have all of them tightly ranked between 12-19 in H2H 8-cat.

This.

Gobert has room to improve his FT%.

Saw him get drafted as high as 8th in the recent rotoworld mock draft.

Wanted Turner and hoped he'd somehow fall to me in 3rd round, which was never going to happen as I traded for Turner last season and won the whole thing, but went with Gobert and Jokic with 10th and 11th pick. After just missing Turner, went with Love at 30 (who I believe will improve with position change) and Horford.

Congrats to those who somehow snatched Turner at the end of 2nd rd. Was hoping for a possible Kat and Turner or Davis and Turner combo.

I was able to napped Turner on the third round! Now I have AD/ Turner combo.

Edited by Dapro

4 minutes ago, Dapro said:

I was able to napped Turner on the third round! Now I have AD/ Turner combo.

3rd in 12team league!? wow... congrats

Well, its a keeper league, so it was 2 second round of drafting. Since I kept AD as the first round pick.

27 minutes ago, Faber said:

Beasting in the last few minutes! Wow

Beast period. Hopefully more to come.

The biggest concern people seemed to have was rebounding, even though its one game, looks good on all fronts.

5 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Beast period. Hopefully more to come.

The biggest concern people seemed to have was rebounding, even though its one game, looks good on all fronts.

his rebs should improve but its against nets so take it with grain of salt. they have the worst bigs in the league by far

Myles Turner (sore neck) is questionable to play against the Blazers on Friday. 

WTF is this i lost Lin today can i catch a damn break. It's 2 days into the season, come on