RedDogNamedClippers

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, DavidbivaD said:

As crap as this guy has been.. it ended up being a better choice than going with Porzingis in the 2nd round lol.

At least if you're in a h2h league.

touche lol

Am I reading this right? Did he actually get more than 4 boards today? :wub: It really is valentines day. Thank you Myles!

• Like 1

No way this guy gets drafted anywhere near the 2nd round next season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

No way this guy gets drafted anywhere near the 2nd round next season

yeah was about to say that - 3rd rounder

• Haha 1

Dude was in foul trouble so I'll give him a pass for umpteenth time this year :-)

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 4:04 PM, DavidbivaD said:

As crap as this guy has been.. it ended up being a better choice than going with Porzingis in the 2nd round lol.

At least if you're in a h2h league.

That's kind of sad how the positive spin on this guy is "hey at least he's not injured/out for the season" lol.

• Haha 3

On 2/24/2018 at 12:55 PM, ComeOnAndSlam said:

That's kind of sad how the positive spin on this guy is "hey at least he's not injured/out for the season" lol.

That is kinda sad, and funny at the same time, and I guess lucky too...

On 2/23/2018 at 10:25 PM, DLG10 said:

Bust of the year.

Kawhi Leonard has a serious beef with that claim.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, rando said:

Kawhi Leonard has a serious beef with that claim.

At least KL has performed well when he has played.

Yeah gotta agree with DLG here. Kawhi doesn’t have 55 pages of bad games 

Edited by Portis4Potus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys tripping. Leonard hasn't played more than 9 games this season. Albeit bad, turner has had like 3 gems 

• Like 1

This guy was supposed to shine with Oladipo here and PG gone, but instead gets his lunch taken by Sabonis, who along with Oladipo were just steals in the trade.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He still the last scoring option in starting 5,he still can't create his own shot,I will avoid draft him next season

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DLG10 said:

At least KL has performed well when he has played.

I'd happily trade my Leonard for your Turner lolz, let's see who the biggest bust is 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rush007 said:

I'd happily trade my Leonard for your Turner lolz, let's see who the biggest bust is 

Exactly.

Player A: First round draft pick, 9 GP with 2nd round production plus 52 games replacement level

Player B: Second round draft pick, 43 GP with 5th round production plus 16 games replacement level

If you prefer player A, please invite me to your league.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rando said:

Exactly.

Player A: First round draft pick, 9 GP with 2nd round production plus 52 games replacement level

Player B: Second round draft pick, 43 GP with 5th round production plus 16 games replacement level

If you prefer player A, please invite me to your league.

More like 6th-7th round production. Myles Turner is #82 on the player rater, right behind Taurean Prince, a waiver pick up.

I mean I get your point that Turner would have more streamable value than Leonard since he has at least played. But basically both guys have put up waiver-level production, which is really where they've belonged all season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

More like 6th-7th round production. Myles Turner is #82 on the player rater, right behind Taurean Prince, a waiver pick up.

I mean I get your point that Turner would have more streamable value than Leonard since he has at least played. But basically both guys have put up waiver-level production, which is really where they've belonged all season.

Not really. Turner is healthy and playing, and his avg number is #52 in 9-cat, which is what matters in playoffs. Not his total production. Kawhi is *still* injured and not officially ruled out, which is why it's not been easy to drop him and he takes up a roster spot (until last week at least). Now, unless you're in a 4-team league, Turner is still better than waiver material. I just don't get this whole saga about dropping him lolz

Sure, he's not what people expected him to be, but Turner is still useful. For example, Mitchell, who is in discussion for waiver wire pickup of the year, is #49 on the year, while Turner is #52. Perspective matters. 

• Like 4

^

Image result for mora playoffs gif

If you're relying on Turner to get you to the "playoffs," you might as well get an early start on fantasy baseball right now.

In terms of clinging onto either one of these fantasy turds for the purposes of playoffs, there is no question that Kawhi Leonard is a much better player and far bigger asset both in fantasy and real life. I'm not sure why that comparison would even be made in terms of fantasy playoffs.

As far as regular season and/or roto, there are 81 other players who have been better than Myles Turner in fantasy according to ESPN's player rater, including guys like Taurean Prince, Kyle Anderson, Lauri Markkanen, John Collins, Jeremy Lamb, and the list goes on... and on. If you don't consider that waiver level production, that's fine. But good luck making the playoffs or winning a roto league with it.

2 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

If you're relying on Turner to get you to the "playoffs," you might as well get an early start on fantasy baseball right now.

In terms of clinging onto either one of these fantasy turds for the purposes of playoffs, there is no question that Kawhi Leonard is a much better player and far bigger asset both in fantasy and real life. I'm not sure why that comparison would even be made in terms of fantasy playoffs.

As far as regular season and/or roto, there are 81 other players who have been better than Myles Turner in fantasy according to ESPN's player rater, including guys like Taurean Prince, Kyle Anderson, Lauri Markkanen, John Collins, Jeremy Lamb, and the list goes on... and on. If you don't consider that waiver level production, that's fine. But good luck making the playoffs or winning a roto league with it.

Well, I think my point is very clear but let me restate it: I'm not saying Turner will get you to the playoffs. If he plays to his season averages (#52 per game) during the playoffs, he's still valuable. That's it. In fact, he'd be almost as valuable as Mitchell, if both play their season averages.

As far as comparison goes, the only reason why I'm comparing Kawhi and Turner is because Kawhi has %0.1 chance of playing in Fantasy playoffs, vs a much higher chance by Turner :D I mean, isn't is obvious? 

And all of the guys you mentioned are rostered in my 12-team league, so no, even #82 is not waiver wire material. 

• Like 2