RedDogNamedClippers

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Pardon my ignorance, but what does a high ankle sprain mean? I am in the finals and need to know if I should keep him or drop him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what does a high ankle sprain mean? I am in the finals and need to know if I should keep him or drop him.

via leadingedgephysio.com

What is a high ankle sprain?

Unlike other ankle sprains, this injury is sustained to the tissue (ligaments) that connect the tibia and the fibula.  These are the bones that make up the lower leg (the inner bone being the tibia or shin and the outer being the fibula).

With common ankle sprains “low ankle sprains” the ligaments that are most often injured are the ones on the outside of the ankle.  These help to connect the fibula to the foot.  These ligaments are injured when someone “rolls” their ankle over.  Generally, recovery occurs over a period of 4 to 6 weeks.  Most of us have sprained our ankle in this manner and as the swelling goes away, so does the pain.  This isn’t to say that these ankle sprains aren’t serious, but in the majority of instances they resolve uneventfully – or at least we feel that they have.

In the high ankle sprain, there are several structures potentially damaged.  These include ligaments that connect the tibia to the fibula known as the tibfib ligaments, as well as a tissue called the interosseous membrane.  The severity of this injury often depends on how many of these structures are damaged.  The recovery time frame varies from 8 weeks to 6 months and this is why the high ankle sprain is so dreaded. 

If it's a high ankle sprain, you can rest assure Turner will miss all of next week and more. Being proactive now and pondering who I should pick up.

Edited by Forever Smooth

8 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

High ankle sprain is latin for your guy is screwed

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Matter of fact, I'm gonna wait til' I get the official word for a recovery/return. Not looking good, trying to be optimistic though. My roster is pretty deep even if I lose him. Just will be hard to replace his stocks at this point and %'s.

25 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

If you're in the finals i'd cut him no question. Can still grab a guy who has 2 games left on the week

Damnit. I lost gordon, klay, turner, murray, millsap earlier this year, and now durant with his restitis.. right in the finals. 

1 minute ago, FantasyBallFan said:

If you're in the finals i'd cut him no question. Can still grab a guy who has 2 games left on the week

The problem is it is this week and the next, so i lost his 4 games next week.

Turner, according to McMillan, suffered a high ankle sprain. He was X-rayed afterward, and the results were believed to be as positive as could be expected. 

"I'm assuming it's good," he said. "Nobody's panicking." 

Turner was walking slowly in the locker room, but not limping badly. He offered no prediction for when he would play again. 

"I have no idea," he said. "I'm walking. That's the best sign."

4 hours ago, Kamura said:

Are we all thinking he prob misses the next game at least?

22 minutes ago, Donqueefa said:

Does Myles’ thread have the most pages?

Yes.

27 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Yes.

I believe second is John Collins or not ? Both Turner and Collins are head aches to own lol! At least Collins put up great line!

8 minutes ago, Mambamode said:

I believe second is John Collins or not ? Both Turner and Collins are head aches to own lol! At least Collins put up great line!

Well Collins, vastly outperformed his ADP, Turner vastly underperformed his ADP. In the case of Collins everybody was salty, because he did not get enough minutes. In the case of Turner everybody was salty, because he just sucked in great stretches of the season. Its a shame that he got injured just as he was picking up steam.

2 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Well Collins, vastly outperformed his ADP, Turner vastly underperformed his ADP. In the case of Collins everybody was salty, because he did not get enough minutes. In the case of Turner everybody was salty, because he just sucked in great stretches of the season. Its a shame that he got injured just as he was picking up steam.

It's all good, bad posters spent all year depressing Turner's value. I can probably get him super late next year. 

Baffled that he’s not ruled out straight away for few weeks if it’s been confirmed as a high ankle sprain.

can some high ankle sprain only take a week?

14 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

Baffled that he’s not ruled out straight away for few weeks if it’s been confirmed as a high ankle sprain.

can some high ankle sprain only take a week?

Yeah, that is kind of weird; apparently it can be anywhere between a few days and 6 months.

• Like 1