RedDogNamedClippers

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Yeah, that is kind of weird; apparently it can be anywhere between a few days and 6 months.

It really can't, they're probably just not 100% sure it's a high ankle sprain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

According to Williams GN, Allen EJ (November 2010). "Rehabilitation of syndesmotic (high) ankle sprains" a few days are possible. Anyways, ist a low ankle sprain according to Myles.

I've seen that a total of about 0 times while following sports, think 3 weeks is the quickest recovery from an actual high ankle sprain I can remember, hence my not being surprised it wasn't one at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2018/03/16/pacers-myles-turners-ankle-not-serious-looked/433020002/

 

Quote

A lot hinged on the twists of Myles Turner’s left ankle, but fortunately for Turner and the Pacers, Thursday's, 'Oh no, not again,' turned into, 'Thank goodness, not that bad.' Despite limping off the court on two separate occasions Thursday night, Turner was at practice Friday, taking jump shots and walking around without the hint of a hitch in his step.

 

The team listed him as questionable for Saturday's game against the Washington Wizards.

 

"I'm just glad it's not as serious as it looked," said Turner, who first aggravated the ankle by stepping on the foot of Raptors' star DeMar DeRozan. "If this is the playoffs, I'm playing (Saturday) for sure. But given the circumstances, given where we are in the season, you have to do what's best for my body and what's best for the team."

 

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miasma16 said:

I've seen that a total of about 0 times while following sports, think 3 weeks is the quickest recovery from an actual high ankle sprain I can remember, hence my not being surprised it wasn't one at all. 

 

There are probably different degrees. If it's anything like my shoulder separation--which is a sprain to the joint where the clavicle and scapula meet--it could range from a stretch of one ligament to a full-on rupture of multiple.

 

It might be that you don't hear about quick recoveries from high-ankle sprains either because the injury is minor enough that the athlete is not scanned to confirm the location (so it's just called a sprained ankle), or because athletes play through the lesser-degree sprains.

 

Regardless of the location of Turner's sprain, the fact that he is walking comfortably is a great sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, letemfly said:

question is, is he gonna play next game?

 

You think we know?? Lol hold up I'll call the pacers for you quick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 6:24 PM, DLG10 said:

I've been debating WHiteside vs Myles Turner.   I usually like to have good FT% on my team.

Would it be a mistake to draft Turner over Hassan?

No, I don't think so. Turner will be on the floor late in games because of what you just stated, his good FT%. Spo, depending on the match-up, will sit Whiteside. One being his avg. to poor FT% and two, to go smaller. Bigs like Whiteside are slowly getting phased out because of their inability to guard perimeter bigs which is a shame. Bigs like K. Love give White problems cuz he don't wanna leave his comfort zone. But when Whiteside plays bigs like his skill set, he feast on opposing players. I would take draft Turner over Whiteside with all that said. 5-6 years ago it woulda' been a different story, Whiteside would have been the clear choice. Not today, just shows you how fast the game has evolved with all these perimeter bigs that are skilled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

No, I don't think so. Turner will be on the floor late in games because of what you just stated, his good FT%. Spo, depending on the match-up, will sit Whiteside. One being his avg. to poor FT% and two, to go smaller. Bigs like Whiteside are slowly getting phased out because of their inability to guard perimeter bigs which is a shame. Bigs like K. Love give White problems cuz he don't wanna leave his comfort zone. But when Whiteside plays bigs like his skill set, he feast on opposing players. I would take draft Turner over Whiteside with all that said. 5-6 years ago it woulda' been a different story, Whiteside would have been the clear choice. Not today, just shows you how fast the game has evolved with all these perimeter bigs that are skilled.

Why TF are you quoting a questions asked before the draft during playoff week? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Why TF are you quoting a questions asked before the draft during playoff week? 

Why TF should you care! Bother you that much?!! Blow it out, worry bout' your business. Get your own in other words.  Go riff about something more important than some trivial Q&A. You BP must be high to riffing bout' some trivial Q&A. Pipe down before you bust a gauge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Anyone drop now ? ;)

Id imagine it not only depends on your format but your specific situation as well.  Not to mention league size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Why TF should you care! Bother you that much?!! Blow it out, worry bout' your business. Get your own in other words.  Go riff about something more important than some trivial Q&A. You BP must be high to riffing bout' some trivial Q&A. Pipe down before you bust a gauge.

Lol ok. Ppl use this forum for current information, you answering a question from October just seemed incredibly odd. Been in a coma the past 5 months??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.